1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Toolset+Patch=some questions

Discussion in 'Neverwinter Nights (Classic)' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Sep 11, 2002.

1. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Basicly all I want to know is why I should download the patch if I only work with the toolset. If some one else play's my game and has the latest patch and I built the module with just the basic and no .hak pack will it work? Any problems you can think of? I'd like to know anything, thoughts, what ever. Thanks in advance.

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

It would not be good if all those thousands of modules had to be updated by their creator each time a new patch came. Of course you can play old modules with the newest patches.

[ September 11, 2002, 08:52: Message edited by: Mollusken ]

3. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] True, but to play online both server and player client have to be on the same revision.

4. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I'm not worried about playing online, at least not yet. I just want to avoide .hak packs and anything that might screw with NWN. Right now I have no problems working NWN and haven't found any thing that would make me download a patch.

5. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Ah, but some patches directly affect the toolset, and make it more stable. Now I don't think the latest one did anything in that respect, but others have, so you might as well update, just to be safe.

6. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31

I haven't had any problems with the tool set at all. But do you have a link that would tell me what the patch does to the tool set? And if there are any downsides.

7. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The fixes in patches directly for the toolset:

1.24:

Scripting-specific
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    - Allow CreateItemOnObject() to work on item containers.
    - Fixed the GetItemInInventory() crash when examining item containers.
    - VectorToAngle() bug fixed.
    - InsertString() wierdness that caused a crash is fixed.
    - DelayCommand() now works for delays over 1 game day.
    - GetSpellId() now works for non-creatures.

Neverwinter Nights Aurora Toolset
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    - Journal Editor GUI tweak.

Hak Pak Editor
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    - Added ability for the Hak Pak editor to take a .hak file name as a command line parameter.

1.23:

- Added a Popup Text "wizard" dialog, accessible from the right-click menu for Placeable Objects.
    - Added a Store Setup Wizard, accessible from the right-click menu for Creatures, Doors, and Placeable Objects.
    - When loading Creature appearances, the Toolset now uses the Label column in appearances.2da if there is no StrRef.
    - Fixed a bug where references to deleted scripts were not being removed from Conversation files.
    - Added Shift-Del keyboard shortcut for cutting text to the clipboard in the Toolset script editor.
    - Fixed a bug where references to deleted scripts were not being removed from placeable objects and doors under certain circumstances.
    - Added module/game version checking for future game content patches.

1.22:

- Fixed a .2DA loading issue when a module has a Hak Pak.
    - Added option to turn off environment mapping for creatures and items. This should fix most crashes for ATI users.
    - Fixed a bug with deleting Scripts not fully removing all references to said scripts.
    - Fixed bug where resizing the area so that the Start Location becomes invalid would cause a crash.
    - If the user tries to find a non-existant start location, they get a message.
    - Restricted editing Conversation Options from the conversation editor can only change the conversation options.
    - Test that the jounals in the conversations files are valid when the conversation is loaded into the editor.
    - Conversations have a new default EndConversation script that tries to restart the creature on its waypoint route.
    - Better help text to explain the 'No Permanent Death' checkbox.
    - With one creature selected, a right click over a tile will show a menu to add a pathing waypoint.
    - Selecting a creature will show its waypoint walking path.

Hak Pak Editor
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    - Fixed a bug where replacing a resource could cause the Hak Pak to become corrupted.
    - Removed the ability to add .mp3 files to Hak Paks as .mp3 files are not supported by Neverwinter Nights and the ability to add these files was causing confusion.

1.20 :

- Added code to prevent non-Neverwinter Nights files from corrupting modules in the Toolset.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.