1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

To all Kerry supporters...

Discussion in 'Alley of Lingering Sighs' started by Hacken Slash, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

To all Kerry supporters...the real ones...not those who spew their hatred for all to see...those who are too hurt to really speak out at this time. You know who you are. You are my friends.

Your love of America is every bit as strong as mine. Your fears and loathings of the Bush Administration are equal to my support. I know how much you hurt...how much you ache to preserve the nation you love.

And you do love America. I admire you. I respect you. I demand that you be a vital part of this nation as we face the challenges against us. I'm sorry that your desires were not met with the vote of the majority...but nevertheless, your desires are still vital.

In 1814 OUR White House and Capitol building were burned to the ground. The consummate moment of American shame...but we went on. We will go on from here...please don't be hurt, but lend your immeasurable talents to the Nation we both love. We are less without you.

God Bless America...and God Bless all who love America.

2. Ankiseth Vanir Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Sorry, I love America too much to support Bush. He is completely incompetent and his only reason for being reelected is because he likes homos less than John Kerry. He puts forward the idea of a constitutional ban on gay marriage even though he knows it won't pass. He has his wife go out and whore the idea that stem cell research is pointless (let's leave this to actual intellectuals, shall we). And he is intentionally ambigious on what supreme court justice appointments he would favor, although it's safe to say his appointments would overturn Roe v. Wade. Whatever motivates the uneducated evangelical base, eh? The three most inane issues conceivable is what Bush uses to drive a wedge between the nation. A 'uniter' my ass. If I ever got the opportunity to talk to Bush one on one, I'd give him a long lecture on why he is a prick.

He wasted $120,000,000,000 on a COMPLETELY unnecessary war. That number is so large it is almost arbitrarily large. The end result? There is no end in sight; it is obstructed by Bush's failure and hubris. A thousand soldiers and a hundred thousand civilians dead because of a Bush/Hussien family feud. Forget the genocidal warlords of Africa, or North Korea and Iran. If we went there instead, the benefit to cost ratio would be orders of magnitude greater.

Let me break this down. I could give you hundreds of more reasons why Bush is a horrid President. But, what it comes down to is the fact he is a moron. Someone with his mental capabilites (or lack thereof) shouldn't decide who lives or dies. Period.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Oh well, Hack, you tried.

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Hack, as someone who voted for Kerry without truly supporting him, thank you for the gracious gesture. It'll be a honor to work with you to improve this country over the next four years, decades, whatever.

5. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

To all Bush supporters...the thoughtful ones...not those who spew hatred and ignorance for those of different religious or cultural backgrounds, nationalities, or sexual orientations...those who truly believe that Bush is our best hope uniting the country under a sensible platform of security and compassionate conservative values. You know who you are. You are my friends.
    Your love of America is every bit as strong as mine. Your trust of the Bush Administration, however, is equal to my mistrust of that administrations motives and competence, a mistrust that has only deepened after four years of what has seemed to me government by deception and bullying. I know how much you want to believe the nation can be unified at this time...how much you wish your sensibilities were shared by the 49% of the population that voted against Bush.

And you do love America. I admire you. I respect you. And I know, having watched 9/11 from my apartment one mile away from ground zero, that there are many challenges faced by the US at this time, challenges that would be best served by a united country. However, though I know that both sides of the partisan divide in this country share blame for the creation of the so-called "two Americas," I believe that the balance of this blame falls on an administration (and the ideology that fuels it) that has sought without fail to take partisan advantage at every turn, to use the groundswell of national feeling and support for the president after 9/11 to push through a radical social and economic agenda, and even to run a re-election campaign charged by a clear us-versus-them, inside-vs-outside, you're-with-us-or-against-us rhetoric, targetting as enemies not only those outside our country, but also those within: homosexuals, non-Christians, pacifists, supporters of a woman's right to choose. I sincerely feel as though the ideal and hope of social and religious tolerance with which this country was founded is under attack.

You demand that I be a vital part of this nation as we face the challenges against us. No doubt I, and those who think as I do, feel just as strongly about defending our nation at a time of war. However, to ask us to unite with you in furthering policies that we feel are completely misguided and against the interests of our country is really to much.

I'm sorry that your desires were met with the vote of a slim majority...but do not presume that this gives you a mandate to push forward without serious compromise. It is in the interest of the victors that the defeated accept defeat and "get with the program." While we accept the results of the election, believe you me we will not surrender our country to the agenda of the Bush administration.

Why you cite the War of 1812 I have no idea. Or rather, I see it as an attempt to equate the War in Iraq with a war for national survival, rather than a war of choice, and so yet another instance of "you're with us or against us." Certainly all Americans want what is best for our country, and we will lend our "immeasurable talents" to that end, whether it means compromise, or working with you, or working against you. This is our fundamental right, and it is our America as much as it is yours.

God Bless America...and God Bless all who love America.

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Tal - which one (Hacken Slash or Bion)? Or both?

8. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Well, Hacken Slash's was nicely put too, but I don't agree with that one.

9. Cernak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Thank you, Hack, for your very generous sentiment.

10. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Good work, Bion.

11. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

As Splunge said - Oh, well, you tried.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.