1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Thread of Random Babbling, iteration 111

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

My friends and I had talked about how if we had an accident somehow it'd be one of those things that you dump the body and swear to never tell anyone. Then soon as we were brought into questioning alone, we were fairly certain that each one of us would rat the rest out :p

Playing Warhammer for the first time tomorrow and it should be interesting. Rather than purchase all the models my roommate and his friends just use paper representations of the model bases for the most part. It's going to be a 2v2 battle and I'm running an Empire army that is heavy on Calvary to support my teammates Chaos charge. Also have a large support battery of war machines. Should be fun.

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Wait - Empire and Chaos teaming up? One of your generals is confused :p

When I started Tyranids I went in the shop and there was the part timer and two vets. I said I wanted to start Tyranids because I liked the models - oh wait, no, I must mean Eldar because they have nicer models. I was new to 40K so just wanted one Tyranid army - oh no, I'm wrong again, I must want Space Marines or Tau as a beginner. I want to go close combat - Oh! I get it, she wants Orks!

I WANT MY BUGS DAMNIT.

3. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Confused? Nah, I think one of his generals is in need of a good purging. Burn the heretic!

In regard to starting armies, I've got to question the experience of the guys in the shop who would advise Tau as an excellent beginner army. Marines? Yes. Orks? Definitely. Tau? Eh, nope.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I'd question their reccomendation even after me stating I liked Tyranids because they were more organic and I didn't like mechs :rolleyes:

5. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Rags - You obviously have poor purchasing habits. :p

In other news....Le sigh... :(

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was really hoping someone would change the 'how to get rid of a dead body' thread to a 'how to get rid of empty jar of peanut butter' thread....

7. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    I have learned something troubling. There is a children show in Québec that was made in the '70, but every people in their 30s or 20s have seen every episode. Yesterday, I learned that my co-worker PLAYED IN IT! She was a little girl then, but when she told me one of the sketch she was in, I remembered it instantly! That is sooo weird!! :lol:

8. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Don't know about the empty one, but I can think of at least one person who will gladly rid you of a jar full of peanut butter ;)

9. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I have two clown fish. They haven't decided who's going to be dominant yet so they're called Bert and Albert for now

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Well, how? :p

My dream last night was quite awesome. There was a boisterous landlord's son and a woman who was carrying a baby. And they got attacked by a giant metal-eating snake, which slithered after them after eating the guy's spear. Thrilling moment, with awesome music even (orchestra! Yes, apparently my dreams are fully scored :p). The snake died after eating some rats, which tore it up from within. A bit disappointing, I know. Cool while it lasted.

11. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Not happy.

12. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I'm starting to wonder if I shouldn't get back into the cheese business. Would there be a market for high quality French cheese in the US? The major problem being that US regulations regarding foodstuffs are really a pain.

13. 8people

Media:
    [​IMG] If it's real and/or healthy it's banned? :lol:

I've heard so much weird stuff about american food. Their chocolate tastes awful! A lot of my friends have been appalled by the food quality on holidays.

14. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Then come here to sell your cheese. We'll take it! :)

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    I should have gone to bed ages back. I'll pay for this tomorrow, I guess.

16. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Heh - I'll second that feeling, Decados.

Iced over, glass-like roads look quite different when one is in a car on one of them.

17. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

My Reiksguard regiment had the Banner of the Daemonslayer, so at least they let everyone know how they felt :p Also killed a lot of my teammates troops (not to mention TONS of dwarves with a Comet of Cassadria... after my opponents own comment wiped out about 800 points of our troops).

The fun definitely came from the Volley Gun. My 4 rounds (one was for fun on my teammates last unit standing) hit 16, 16, 18, 24 times. Sooo much fun.

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Meh. Canadian customs are incredibly annoying about what you can bring in too :(

On the bright side the customs officers (at least in Montreal) are incredibly nice and friendly. So long as you're not trying to smuggle stuff at least.

19. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Same here. 6 AM such an unseemly hour to be posting. Just found a new axe in Dragon Age, the Axameter, perfect for my Dwarf.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Anger and black coffee feeding me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.