1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This Sucks! (A list of things that are making you unhappy)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

What sucks in my life, wow!

I have tons of work that needs to be done on my house. I can do it but I can't afford the supplys unless I work OT, and if I work OT, I don't have time to do the work.

My truck is slowly dying despite my best efforts to keep it running, and I can't afford a new one.

My computer is really starting to get outdated and I can't afford a new one, and I can't upgrade anything else except the video card, which wont help much.

My wife and I seem to be slowly drifting apart and she doesn't want to talk about it.

I love my job, but the people I work with can't get along, and it drives me nuts. I feel like I play the negotiator all night.

Thats the highlights! :bang:

2. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Pulling a groin muscle when you sneeze too hard. Ow.

And as someone who genuinely suffers from ADHD, boredom re-he-HEEEEEALLY sucks. It is quite literally unbearable. I would hit myself repeatedly just to stave off the boredom.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I agree...those commercials suck! Even if I donated money, they guy says that only 80% of ever dollar donated goes to the "child", and even then...the *parents* receive the money, and they don't necessarily have to spend it on the child in question. Why should I give $$$ away just so some poor kid's parents can afford some booze? :nono:

Anyway, not much has changed since my last post. One thing I can add is the fact that my relationship between me and my fiancé feels like it's drifting apart...and I know it's because of the fact that we're living at my parent's house. We have *very* little time to have any intimacy because my mom doesn't work, and my dad is retired (for the moment). But the worst part is, we won't be able to get approved for a home until we pay off some of our debt...and to do that, we're going to have to stay here for several months after the wedding. :bang: :rolling:

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    My computer refusing to work ONCE AGAIN sucks 24 species' testicles.

Loneliness stll sucks more, tho.

5. Dragon's Jewel Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Drifting apart seems to be a reoccuring theme...
    My husband (fiancee)(whatever) and I ran into a rocky bit, and last week this time, that would have been what was pissing me off. However, we had an 'incident' where he desperately needed someone he could completely trust, and that person turned out to be... me. So now, oddly, everything is better than it was before.

You know what's *really* pissing me off? People who take offense at *everything* you say, and then become determined to give you the cold shoulder and remain pissy about it for weeks. Not that the inattention of this person really matters to me-far from it-but that she somehow thinks that it should.

And laundry. GOD do I hate laundry. Give me a sink full of dishes any day...

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

People who can't be bothered to do something correctly. BG portraits are bitmaps, right? So why are people putting portraits out for d/l as BG playable,yet they are not bitmap images!! :grr: :flaming:

And those who can't follow simple rules, such as don't flush the toilet and they flush. SOBs.

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

All the stuff I've seen downloadable in ZIP files are bitmaps, and the others can be turned into bitmaps during the download process. After right-clicking and choosing "Save Picture As...", just change the file type to bitmap or "All Files (*.*)", and then change the extension on the filename to BMP. It then gets saved to your hard drive as a bitmap, rather than the JPG or GIF that it was on the site.

8. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Just one from me:

People nt understanding sarcasim in a text message, eve tho they know i usually send sarcastic remakrs by text!

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Why should *I * do *their* work for them, Fel?!? The artists claim these portraits are compatable with BG 1 and 2 and they are not! :nolike: It's not like these so called artists really drew those pictures anyhoo. Most are blatant ripoffs of fantasy paintings and books or games. Or worse, badly done coposites of BG NPCs with some actor/ess face on their heads. :rolleyes:

10. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Because bitmap images are huge compared to JPEGs

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Bank holidays! I HATE them! I wish we didn't have any.

12. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Me too, and all those African charities :mad: Anyone notice how they are always on at mealtimes? To make you feel guilty for eating :mad:

13. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Madam, I would like to trade to chores. :p I *loathe* doing the dishes. Laundry is soooooo much cleaner, and easier. Move a few dials, add clothes, add detergent, and go about being lazy for a bit until they are ready for the dryer. How sweet of a chore is that?!? :D

Heh, not me. I was raised by the queen of quilt trips. I feel no guilt for anything I see on tv. My mom had my guilt sensors desensitized by the time I was 12. :p :eek:

One thing that I just realized...I spent an hour on the phone trying to get my WiFi card installed and properly configured...and in about two days I'll be getting a new HDD...which means I'll have to format the drive, and do it all over again if it decides not to cooperate with a clean installation of WinXP...and I'm really hoping it will. :p :rolling:

14. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I hate those commercials for the Christian Children's Fund or whatever the hell it is.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree...those commercials suck! Even if I donated money, they guy says that only 80% of ever dollar donated goes to the "child", and even then...the *parents* receive the money, and they don't necessarily have to spend it on the child in question. Why should I give $$$ away just so some poor kid's parents can afford some booze?

Most of the time the "aid" that is sent to these foreign countries gets stopped on the border at customs. By the time that it reaches the small sickly children it's no good anymore.

15. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Judgmental holier-than-thou asshats. that's all i am saying.

16. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Christian Missionaries = bastards

One of my cats refusing to use his litter box the last 3 weeks, dispite him having no problems the last 2 years...

Dreamweavers templates not staying in position

Work

Apart from the above I no complaints

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I did mentioned the atmosphere was most unpleasent at work, didn't I?

Well, last night things came to a climax, and I had a complete freak-out. I was in a foul mood when I left for work, and the two rivals started to bicker and snap at each other, I completly lost it and told them how fed up I was of that bull****. Eventually, my boss arrived, and he listened to everything I said, then, when I was done, he slammed the final nail in the coffin by nodding and saying "Damien is right. If you two don't ****ing cool off, I'm mutating one of you to another department. Grow up, for ****'s sake, and if the rivalry is so intense, then go solve that ****ing problem outside. I won't stand for anymore of that buffonery."

Slack-jawed, the two apologized and got back to work. My boss nodded at me and smiled before heading back to his office. He's one hell of a nice chap.

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Seconded.

Cheeky foreign pupils who use the 'I don't understand english' line to avoid getting trouble.

They seem to understand when I point out that they're now going to spend an hour after school copying down idiotic lines for being little ****ers. Remember guys- 'Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely'. I love my power.

Every filthy git on my landing who doesn't wash his hands or flush after the toilet (and I'm looking at the Shaghai contingent. The Hong Kong guys have mastered hygiene)

Everyone who ever spoke Latin.

Aristotle

Aquinas

The Bulgarian 'girl' in my history class. Only Pig **** resides between those ears. If she ever, EVER threatens to hit me again, or kicks me under the table again, I shall actually lose control.

Hmm, well I feel a bit better now, but much more ranting is needed. Excuse me while I throttle the stuffing from my pillow.

EDIT: SO, now I've calmed down, I won't knife her. Perhaps fisticuffs though.

[ May 04, 2006, 19:58: Message edited by: Daie d'Malkin ]

19. MrSnake Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

My Hangover is anoying me a little at the moment

20. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    The people in my projectteam, we need to design a network for a school with 100 computers and personal data(protected by law btw), they suggest using Sweex for the router and switches. You know, those things you can pick up for 30 euros...

I'm trying to get a DMZ into the systen, but noooo, putting public servers in a internal network seems a good idea for them :rolleyes:

@Daie, hit her back in the face, hitting a women is no more "dishonorable" than hitting a guy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.