1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This Sucks! (A list of things that are making you unhappy)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

You're in my mind, buddy. Things are exactly the same for me. You won't be the only bitter old man around. :heh:

2. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

People keep killing my friends back home and I can't do anything about it since I'm stuck in Japan. To date I have lost 1 friend to suicide and 2 to murder by people that they lived with. If this keeps up I'm going to run out of RL friends soon.

"If you can't laugh at the world then what else is there"-anon

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    DoTW: Thanks, I think I'll write a gospel of luke-warm someday.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Or we could just start an obscure Doom Metal band.

What's pissing me off ATM? I'm getting more shift cuts at work. Of course more rest, but the damn apartment and bills won't pay themselves by magic. :mad: :mad: :mad:

5. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Water Bills. It falls from the sky ffs! How can they justify the charges!

6. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Oh yeah, let's start a band!

Which brings me to being pissed off for not being already in a band. I want to sing, damn it!

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Crushes suck. itchy nose sucks. Broken washing machine sucks. Computer breakage sucks.

and of course, oneliness sucks.

/me huiggles people

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    *me hugs back*

loneliness does suck, and so do crushes, yes indeed

9. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Right now my academic life sucks.

Most of the stuff that I thought (hah!) had worked out in my research is slowly starting to tell me I was wrong. Most of the new stuff I'm doing isn't working at all. And if that wasn't enough I'm getting closer and closer to the deadline for my end of year report, and I'm nowhere close to finishing it (hell I've barely started the damn thing). And if that wasn't enough I can't concentrate on writing the thing because it's 11pm and I'm tired.

Sigh.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Man, that sounds really bad! Sorry to hear that.

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    @Arahar - that's sounds really bad. If I were you however, I would stay in Japan! :eek:

This sucks!

I was going to install BG2 on my dad's computer so I can play it up until I can afford a new HDD and I can't figure out his password to logon to windows...and he won't tell me either! I mean, come on! I *built* that computer for him, and he won't let me use it?!?! :bang: And to make things worse, I forgot what the Administrator's password I set for him was. I could have sworn is was the same password I use for everything... :confused:

The other things that sucks is having a grumpy/b**chy fiance Grrr! :grr: :rolling:

12. Arabwel

Media:
    People who take thingsd at the face value and refuse to even admnit to the possibility of there being more to things than what they percieve.

Oh, and labeling everything to do with sadness as "emo".

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

what really sucks for me is this accursed research paper that I can not seem to make head way on. First late paper I've had in over over two years, and even the stress that brings doesn't seem to be enough to jumpstart my brain, when I think about the paper, I just want to sleep.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Another thing that really sucks for me is that I'm in ontario, but the Mormon women that find me on the Net (or that the Sites pick out for me) are mostly in the US (Utah, California, Arizona...)

Makes it hard to find a date...

15. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    This sucks...I had the worst day of my life today.

To understand how much it really did suck, I have to walk you through it. :bad:

So I left for work at around 6:30pm like normal, but once I got to the main highway that talked me straight to work, my car starts beeping at me. I look down and the sucker is overheating! Now, this is my new 2003 VW Jetta...so I was concerned, but I decided to just go the rest of the way and get to work on time.

Work went by ok, other than the fact that I was starving for the 12 hours that I was there.
    Before going home, I checked all the fluid levels under the hood, and they were all fine, so I go home. Once again, it started overheating once I got on the highway.
    So I get home, and call the dealer. They tell me that if I get the car there within 45 minutes, they could have it ready before I needed to to work again. So I wake my fiancé up, and we rush out the door.

By this time in the morning, it's rush hour traffic, and I'm following this crummy old van that keeps slowing down for the stupidest reasons. So when she slows down as she approaches a set of train tracks, I think that's the reason...but then as soon as she passes the tracks she stops...fast. So to keep from hitting her, I slam on my brakes and come to a stop within a foot of her. Now, my fiancé was following me (to take me home from the dealer after dropping off the Jetta), and she has to slam on her brakes, but they FAILED! So I see her in my rear view mirror trying to swerve, but *BAM* she smacks into to me at about 15 to 20 mph.

The Jetta has some damage to the rear bumper, but our Acura has a smashed headlight and the corner of the bumper is all smashed in.
    We get the Jetta to the dealer, and we limp the Acura back home. I have some minor whiplash, but my neck was killing me at the time, so my mom gave me a ‘Loratab’ and a muscle relaxed pill, and I was out for the next 8 hours.

When I wake up, my neck is still very sore...but my fiancé looks like she had been crying. So I ask what happened and it turns out that her step dad passed away this morning.

We go back to the dealer to get the Jetta, and it turns out that the water pump and a temp sensor were bad. The good news was that we're covered my two warranties...the bad news however was that we had to get the "major" tune up that we had been putting off for the past 3000 miles to keep the warranties valid. So we ended up shelling out $350 for a tune up.
    While in the shop, they had their body shop guy make an estimate on the damage. It's going to cost about $1500 for the Jetta, and about $1700 for the Acura...which is more than the car is worth.

So to sum it up: broken car -> car accident involving both our cars -> step dad passing -> $$$$$ we don't have. :bang:

This sucks! The only good thing that came from today’s events is that I was able to call in sick. :bad: :rolling:

16. Disciple of The Watch

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I guess you REALLY should have stayed in bed this morning, Kit...

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Wounds in weird places that defy medication and won't heal. A bandage would be great, except where the cut is is unable to hold a Band-Aid.

18. Arabwel

Media:
    /me hugs Kit

right now it sucks that I can't pay my bills today like I want to because I need money for the hairdsser's on Tuesday and even though my dad promised to compensate, he can't send me the money until Wednesday earliest so.... :bang: Hate late fees.

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I hate those commercials for the Christian Children's Fund or whatever the hell it is. Nothing like that to make you realize what a miserable and selfish person you are as listening to those commercials. To know I'm choosing a college education over the life of some poor child in a third world country... not even the staunchest capitialist can truly justify what I/most others in first world nations are doing. We may have "earned" our places, but I know sure as hell that those children didn't earn a life in conditions that will likely cut those young lives short before adulthood.

To live one life is to make another life suffer so it would seem.

20. Disciple of The Watch

My job is starting to piss me off. First, I suffered shift cuts, which isn't good, then there's some rivalries developping in the shop, and I try the hardest I can to stay in neutral grounds, which is tough because both guys are my friends. As if that's not enough, we recently found out the foreman is a cocaine addict, which explains his truly unpredictible moods. The atmosphere is truly unpleasent.

As I said in RBP, I have some doubts about school. I'm very seriously considering a return to college.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.