1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

This is a rant!

Discussion in 'BoM Blogs' started by Nakia, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I am sick and tired of some, I stress some, Europeans who think they can make general blanket statements about citizens and residents of the United States of American and because the post a disclaimer it some how excludes other members of the forum they post in.

Let me make this clear most of the Europeans from quite a few different countries can differentiate between insulting everyone and insulting those who may actually deserve to be insulted. On Steam I currently am having discussions with a man from Russia. A nice, very interesting. His English is very good. We toss things back and forth and agree on a lot things. Now some of you know that I am old enough to have vivid memories of the Cold War. It was scary, we really expected Russia then the Soviet Union, to bomb us at anytime. Now I am friends with those "awful" people at least one of them.

So what happens some creep from Norway comes on a forum I have been active in and proceeds to insult Americans. There are quite a few Americans on the forum. The rules of the forum state that you can't be personnal. You could get banned if you are personnal.

This guys English isn't great and I get the impression that either does not understand what we post or that he is so set in his own ideas, opinions of who we are and what we are like that he doesn't bother to try and understand what we say.

Now this 2013. So what does he post several different times but saying that Americans have a John Wayne complex, also a Rambo complex. John Wayne has been dead for 34 years. He died in April of 1979. A lot has happen since then. In the sixties and seventies we had a sort of revolution. Blacks demanded rights, women demanded rights, gays demanded rights. More sexual freedom and honesty. Also great use of drugs not a good thing in my opinion. The protest against the Vietnam war with flag burning and some rather nasty protests. The Kent killings by the National Guard. A sad occasion

We do not all walk around with hand guns in our pockets just waiting for someone to attack us. In fact I don't know anyone who does that. New York City has very stick gun laws. Crime rates in NYC have dropped but I don't know if that is due to the gun laws or not. Statistics don't really prove much unless they get very specific.

Criminals can get guns. They do not want regeistered licensed guns. They file the ID off the guns they get a hold of or so I have been told.

We do have a problem here in the USA and maybe some of you that are knowledgeable about the Constitution can give further information.

The Federal Government cannot ban guns. They can regulate them to some extent in various ways but they cannot ban them.

States have much more authority. Assault weapons are banned in New York and New Jersey. I checked that out. Hand guns need a carry license. New York and New Jersey permit long guns, rifles, shot guns without a license but they have to be registered. New York City requires licenses for all guns and only certain people can get a license to carry a hand gun. You have to have a damn good reason to get a carry license and the average Joe Blow cannot get one.

Sure you can get illegal guns just go to a state which has less restrictive laws fulfill l their requirement and purchase one. This bad but without a constitutional amendment which I doubt would get the need 2/3 states agreement it is not going to happen.

I just wish the guy would stop hitting us with a sledge hammer about the subject and stop insulting us in general. Our men are all walking around pretending to be John Wayne while we women mess our pants lusting after them? Come on use a little common sense.

Thank you Sorcerers Place for giving me the opportunity to vent my anger and frustration.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.