1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things you`d like to be changed in IWD2?

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Dragu&Barud, Feb 22, 2003.

1. dshadow Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

While knowing a monster's stats before you fight them might be interesting, it won't serve much real purpose in a game like IWD 2 as 99% of the enemies in the game have to be fought anyway and you don't have a choice about when you fight them. It might be better in games like BG 2 where you could right click on Firkraag, see he was way too tough for you to defeat and decide to come back for him at a later stage. But in IWD 2 it wouldn't work very well because whether the enemy was too tough for you or not you'd still end up having to fight him.

2. Kabuki Man Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] Khelban: Thank yoU! I was begining to think i was the only one that went nuts when i couldn't go to the other areas they even had Names over..

That bugged the living hell out of me.. It Really Did..
    Why name Areas you CAN"T GET TO!

Buldar's gate had the right idea of COVERING the map with areas to ransack.. i Don't care if it would've taken 50 Discs, If they do the game right, people won't mind swapping a friggin disc when they advance in the plot.. !!

Detailing the armor/weapons would've been nice..
    Named Weapons/Armor
    Xp cap remover would make my day (Is Trying to make one..)
    Staff's with item usablity X times a day.. Spells.
    Popularity/karma
    Alignment should Effect Conversation

Class should Also Effect them; Monk char won't agree to kill all the Black Raven Monks... Dark cleric might join up with Dreadmaster in Graveyard..

Prestige Classes! Thank who ever Reminded me of this!! Gods how i wish i could make my Ronin on the Compy version...

More Armor Types.. weapon types.. Incombat Skillz for Pure Fighters.. (Make that 3rd * beside Large Sword matter!)

Different materials for armor.. (IE: Iron, Mithril, Adamantite.. etc)

Tarasque!! 3E Tarasque was Hellish!

Oh, and BTw, WTF was with the dragons in IWD2? They drop faster than a NY hookers skirt at the smell of a Benjamin...

Dragon's aren't supposed to be sissy's.. :mad:

3. Firithwingion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

but you gotta love HoF mode, finally a challenge, unlike uber-ez BG2(unless you download weimer's tactics, but we won't talk about that now). HoF mode is the only reason i bought this game. That and the 3E subraces.

For anyone who's tried tactics mod for bg2, think about this: HoF mode + Tactics mod... scary huh?

4. Urgazhi Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] tell me more of this tactics mod....
    it has a slight hold on my interest threshold

5. Skywind Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Hi! I new here.

I just think that half-orcs should have bonus to constitution too, other than strength.

Since Aasimar and Tiefling are offsprings of gods or demons, they should be Powerful, at least as powerful as the underdark races.

6. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Aasimars and Tieflings are half-spawn of LESSER demons (tanari'i? Maybe...) and lesser angelic beings (devas)...

The tactic mod makes a couple boss-type enemies stronger, like Gromnir in ToB, Firkragg in BG2 etc.

7. Dragu&Barud Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] Hey fellas!How are you?!Long time no see...Poor
    Barud was infested with disease,buuuut his great
    constitution helped him recover and now I am back
    to post again!
    Hey do you know what`s so imprtant in this game and there isnt in any game:TEAMS!!!Yeah!Teams!It would be rather cool if there are teams like Drizzts for example.They will be very strong but very difficult to play as.Let me show you how I see it.
    Drizzt is a drow and Bruenor is a dwarf they are both fighter types and if they are attacked by foes they will automatically release special TEAM
    feat"GUTS"for example wich will boosts all of their rolls by 1.Same for magic users.Imagine this
    party(unfamous):Kreen is a sorcerer and Arina is a sorceress too.If Kreen casts Fireball and Arina casts Cloudkill then their spell will meld into Firemist wich has power of Lv8 spell it will cause
    20D6 damage and anyone who remains in the field of
    the mist will be burned for additional 1d10 per round.This feat will be called "Twinmeld"and will be used only by them.Well thats it!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.