1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things that piss you off...for no good reason

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Death Rabbit, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I find 'bling bling' jewlery (sp) very annoying. It just looks tacky and well, quite silly.

And dammit i hate people who think they know everything! They need a ****in good wallop!

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Here's one - my boss handed me a document, an informal specification for some online reports that I have to validate. Why couldn't he have taken 3 seconds to square the pages neatly before stapling it?! :mad: Hey, I never said I wasn't anal...

@DR: I sold my soul long ago to the great gods Hershey and Nestle. Pray for my hips, instead. :lol:

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    @ Rally

Why does your story conjure up the phrase, "Hi, Rally...what's haaappening? We need to talk about your TPS reports." :p

Somehow I know you'll get the reference. ;)

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Sorry, DR, it's escaping me... :(

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Rally said:
    I started doing this Atkins diet about a month ago, and I knew I could give up beer, bread & pasta, but I didn't think I could give up chocolate.

So I found a Canadian company that sells sugar free, low carb Belgian chocolate. And amazingly enough, it's pretty good!!!!! No sugar and only 3.3 grams of carbs per bar. It's called Ross Chocolates. They have 10 different types, but my favorites are milk chocolate and chocolate mint.

By the way, Atkins is pretty amazing too! I'm down 24 pounds already!!!

PS - that quote about TPS reports is from "Office Space." ;)

6. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    And you fancy yourself a Quote Game veteran. Shame on you. :nono:

Office Space? Say hello to Lumburgh for me? :p

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Haven't seen that one yet but it's towards the top of our rental list. And if you'll notice, most of the quotes I respond to or provide are from movies that are pre-1987!

What can I say? Most movies out today aren't worth the price of the babysitter...

@Sir Bel - well done on Atkins! That's discipline that I just don't have anymore. But doesn't it drastically cut down the number of places where we'll be able to have lunch? :roll:

8. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    As long as they have some form of meat and green veggies...I am good to go. I haven't had a slice of pizza in over a month...So maybe I could make a special exception...

9. Ahrontil Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Office Space is '****ing A!'.

It's so true to life it's just not funny. (But at the same time it's hilarious.)

What's is currently pissing me off is the fact that Network Associates has been able to trademark the word 'sniffer'.

In computing terms this is like trademarking the words assembler\compiler\word-processer\bit\byte\monitor. Network Associates didn't invent the term sniffer, why should they be the only people allowed to use it? What are all the other creators of 'packet sniffers' going to call their products?

If their trademark had been 'Network Asso-Sniffer' I would have at least understood, while still not agreeing with the trademark offices decision.

The strange thing is that I have no good reason to feel this way, as I will take every oppurtunity to ignore their trademark and promote othe people's SNIFFERS regardless of who thinks they own the word. :p

10. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

Dont they have SNIFFER DOGS ? What will they be called now?

Im begining to get pissed off with our college drummer. Ass practises every night.
    "Go to ur GFs room idiot!!" :bang:

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Let me add something:

uncertainty

When you don't know what's happening and can only guess what will happen. Especially if you can't influence anything. Or if you can't even rest assured that you will know something soon.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.