1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things that make you laugh

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by TelexStar, Oct 10, 2000.

1. Seid Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

In Brynnlaw in the Pirate lord's home when you try to convince him that you're crazy and let Minsk talk to him and the pirate lord asks:
    "Why are you pointing that hamster at me?"

I also like when Viconia tells Jan that he has a poisonous spider on his neck and Jan starts to scream that he is too young to die.

2. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Viconia said something hilarious to me today.
    semi-accurate quote-

"The pleasures of the flesh haven't been lost on you Tenalt. I am glad. I had thought your labido as barren as a Northern monk's"

3. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Lilarcor always makes me laugh.

Korgan's omelette line when Aerie has her baby in ToB (something about him being dissappointed that elves didn't have babies from eggs, because he was in the mood for an omelette).

Valygar in the government district. (this is vaguley what they said)
    Noble: Oh, Valygar! How's your mother?
    Valygar: She turned into a lich and I chopped her head off.

You and Anomen in the Copper Coronet.
    You: Where did you get that horrible accent? Have you been reading too many romance novels?! (Hehehe.....)

4. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Dungeons & Dragons pics at the back of Ribald's shop. God I hated that unicorn...

5. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] The darkest period in D&D's history... :D

[This message has been edited by Divine Shadow (edited August 02, 2001).]

6. Blue Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

...Anomen saying his line about "this is the worst pool of evil and corruption if ever I saw one" (or something like that) just as he enters the hall of the radiant heart to receive his knighthood..... LOL

...and finding the picture of Elvis in the back of the Shadow thieves place ... and a picture of Imoen in the painter shop in the promenade, while saying that "nothing here interests you"...

... and the scenes outside the radiant heart with the lady knight, the stupid bard and his gnome friend - taken straight from that film - what has the name.. cyrano or something...?

7. Okay .. here we go .. i have laughed alot in this thread.. but here's one.. (should maybe be in the ToB section) When the (young) adventures in one of the bhaal spawns hideout comes back with the .. uhm was it a eye.. ? i laughed.. u gotta check it out

8. Frog Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

Hey Blue, that stupid bard is Garrick from Bg1.

Brave Brave Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick led the way! BRAVE BRAVE Sir Garrick, Sir Garrick ran away.

LOL I love that.

[This message has been edited by Frog (edited August 04, 2001).]

9. shadow_thief Guest

Frog, "sir" usually represents as a knight. Gerrick is a bard. Not a knight.

10. Laksol Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Once Lilarcor sword said (80% right ;)):"Come onnnn! Let's get on doing something. Find someone rich and kill... find someone richer just kill...find someone richest still kill!!!"

[This message has been edited by Laksol (edited August 04, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by Laksol (edited August 04, 2001).]

11. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Shadow_thief, I always thought that line of Garrick's was a nod to Sir Robin the not-so-Brave from Monty Python's Holy Grail (the one with the annoying minstrels), so maybe that's why they put the Sir in.

12. TheBully Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

The male prostitute on the pirates ilands, if your a male character he tells you hes not into that kinda thing but he knows some or are or summing.

Then the female one saying, "your friends can come up as well if they like to watch" or something like that anyway.

13. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

That elf in the Copper Coronet who comes onto anything female (Salvanas). Talk to him with Jaheira, Viconia, Aerie, anything else female, and watch him be cruelly rebuffed.... :D

14. Will Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Jan's haughty disdain for Bertrand the "Companion" ; Gnomish gigolo. Heh...

15. Gopher thighs Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Maybe wandering off the original area slightly, but a hasted party who subsequently fail to save vs horror is pretty funny to watch, even if it does mean your butt is being liberaly kicked

16. Malekith Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Viconia: minsc, that tattoe on your face. does it have tribal significance or did some nursery's fingerpainting class assault you with blue pastel?

Minsc: i do not like the tone of your voice, dark elf! The face i have is the face the ladies love! Boo loves Minsc's face, too. Don't you Boo? Don't you? Yeeeeeesssss.

17. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    jaheira "nature could find a home here, if it were properly cleansed and balanced" - in druid grove

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.