1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Things that make you laugh

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by TelexStar, Oct 10, 2000.

1. The Kurgan Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Hey Sylvus, to put it frankly when u change a character or drop him out. I strip him down. Its a game. YOU earned those items and if you need them put them on another character. He was the one willing ot join, whatever u give him is up to you, but its pointless to put it on something that's gonna sit in one spot for the rest of the game. IF he were to go out and do something useful while i'm gone, then i just might give them something.

But i don't take things that seriously.

TheKurgan

2. Mobeus Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Toward the end of a long day of adventuring, Mazzy & Valygar:

Mazzy: "Goodman Valygar, when we next rest, please spread my bedroll confortably. And gather extra wood for the fire, it seems a bit chill."

Val: (grumble, grumble) "Ah, as you wish."

Mazzy: "My weapons seem a bit dull. If you would take care of them along with yours, thank you."

Val: (grumble, grumble) "Now, that's going too far."

Mazzy: "Why, what ever is the matter. I thought you would be pleased. After all, every knight needs a squire. I thought you would consider it quite an honor to serve me."

Val: (grumble, grumble) "Ah, well, if you would have asked that way, perhaps so..."

The whole conversation was excellent. The voices and inflections made everything crystal clear. It was hilarious!! Valygar reminded me so much of D'kkon (sp?): patiently enduring the pretentiousness of others, and yet trying to make the best of whatever comes his way.

A real Kodak moment!
    :) :)

3. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Ahh, home sweet home. Wait, I don't live here.

Jan Jansen

4. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

When I gave a beggar a GP, Minsc says some things from an oxfam advert.
    (this is from memory so its not 100% right)

"Give a man a coin, and he can support himself for a day,

but give him a sword and HE CAN SPEND A LIFETIME KICKING EVIL LIBERALLYIN THE BUTTOCKS!"

-Sep

5. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Mazzy: "You canse the wrongness in this place..." in my stronghold!

Did you look CLOSELY at Galvary's medallion on Brynnlaw?

The vampire queen's name: Bohdi, but my friends call me Dead.

6. Vanyril Guest

[​IMG] When I was in Spellhold talking to Dradeel:

Jan: I know of this man, but from where? I cannot recall.

Minsc: That's a much shorter interjection than Boo has become used to, Jan. Are you Ill?

Jan: Hrmph!

I was LMAO :)

7. Biff the understudy in the Five Flagons. :D :D :D

8. dragon903 Gems: 5/31

Now i love this part in Baulders Gate 2.When you defeat a Behoulder it falls down to the ground and thats funny. Theirs alot of funny humor in this game

9. ElGuapo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] How 'bout Nevin and his Uncle Lester? They bickered 'till the bitter end!

10. idoru Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

vincenzo at the inn in Umar Hills... when you look in the room behind the counter at the inn, and find about a million copies of his little book.. :)

11. Auger Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I like the guy in Trademeet who, if you speak to him, says how he wants to be an adventurer and if you repeatedly talk to him (like, 20 times) he asks you a different stupid questions every time.

- You ever kill a dragon?
    - You like bastard swords?
    - etc
    - You going to start throwing stones at me now?

Then he gives you +2 sling stones and like 5000 exp. I just imagine some lonely Programmer at Black Isle putting that in the game without anyone really noticing.

12. greylin Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Oh, you mean neeber... Just be glad you never met noober. The dialog that almost made me fall out of my chair was the conversation between haer'dalis and jahiera in waukeens promenade. The line " The only protests I respond to are hunger strikes and then only too late" gets me every time

13. Lothar Gems: 5/31

Well, this isn't technically part of the game, but I've found it an amusing exercise in irony. Using the Cloak of the Sewers, you can change into a troll. If you are a warrior type, and have Nalia's Castle as a stronghold, you can change into a troll, and go on a rampage, killing everyone in the castle. Heh heh-reccommended for evil characters only.

14. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Wow, this is quite the archaic post.

I kinda hoped to see a post of mine from when I first came to the boards(when this was a new thread).

15. Gibben Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Well, not in-game, but in-boards . . . Gonzaga's reply to topic: Bug? Nalia a spider forever. . . third down from top. I agree, she would like that. And, I think you should facilitate by turning into a troll (via sewer cloak) to do it. Ahhhh, Karma.

16. Divine Shadow Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Oh God I loved that beholder. Oh...and of course Edwin and his old girlfriend.
    Liacor is hilarious too.
    " And grandma said I would never amount anything greater than a butter knife"
    " Do you feel lucky punk?!"
    " I LOVE the smell of daisies in the morning!"
    I also love some of the completely wacky conversation choises you have.
    My favorite has to be:
    " To hell with it. Right you are Minsc!
    We put evil in a box and label it not-to-be-opened-'til-midwinterfest!" or something like that.
    And this: (from BG1 when the amish emmisary ironically ask's if you are dimwit like the rest of the people in the building))
    " Hello I'm Dimwit. And this is my friends Braindead and moron."

17. shadow_thief Guest

LOL! I remember that convo. Here's another one, I can't remember it too well but anyways:
    Spector Beholder(or something like that): I guard this chest forever.
    Me: Why?
    Spector Beholder: Because I have to.

18. garathorn Gems: 5/31

i've had the sewer sword say "who's your daddy" before and i cacked up laughing

19. Oricalcum Gems: 5/31

Out-of-game= A mpeg of a man shocking himself with a 200,000 volt stungun.

In-game= Minsc started ranting with crazy analogies to my character, something about Evil being grass and Minsc the lawnmower? Almost that crazy. My character's only response was "ohh kayy..."

20. Serora Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

I had just completed the Umar Hills quest when Minsc said, "Look Boo, squirrels! Quick! Throw some nuts at them!" And Jaheria snaps at him to be more graceful in nature. :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.