1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Theories (both serious or funny)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Alienboy, Mar 1, 2002.

1. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Frog, don't even think about it! No cruelty to cats.

Theories:
    - Some objects are specifically created to stick in one's mind until one buys them, whereupon one immediately forgets them and never looks at them again.
    - The day you haven't done your homework is always the day the teacher will decide to collect it.

Scientific experimental procedures:
    - The semblance of self-confidence is everything.
    - If all else fails, blabber.

I live by the two above rules :D ;)

2. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

French proverb:

If you ugly at 20, you are unfortunate. If you are ugly at 40, it's your own fault.

I have always liked this; perhaps it sounds a bit cruel on first reading, but the meaning is that as you age, you slowly take on an appearance that reflects who you really are- it's a praise of inner beauty in a way. I am 30 now and finding that the person in the mirror looks more and more suitable to play the role of "me" every day- it's a great experience.

My other favourite "theory" is that I'm filthy stinking rich, living a life of luxury and ease, and so is everyone else I love or even know well. Don't think you're rich? Travel in the countryside of a third world country and realise that most of the people who've ever drawn breath on this planet lived much the same way. Study history, and realise that the "glorious" kings and queens of Europe were cold and hungry a lot of the time, compared with our snuggly warm homes, well-stocked kitchens, and indoor plumbing. And the peasants were lucky to eat a potato a day.

3. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Ok i think the world needs several things:
    Here are my top 25

1)Love
    2)Freedom
    3)Happiness
    4)The occaisional and totally legal war.
    5)Banning of all boy bands from being allowed to breath oxygen.
    6)The allowing of monkeys to wear pink
    7)A really huge dog that craps on your neighbours lawn for revenge pruposes.
    8)The legalisation of Cannabis.
    9)A complimentry Umpah Lumpah for every child.
    10)Fish that can swim backwards.
    11)No treatment for smoking related illnesses.
    456) Better maths lessons.
    13)no unlucky numbers..............ow!
    14)A chemical that will make annoying people shoot themselves.
    15)Daily forced mating between ugly loners of the ages 16-17 and attractive female supermodels.
    16)Free whisky on sundays
    17)The right to fart in bed whenever we bloody want to.
    18)The abolition of *that time of the month*
    19)An in depth manual with every manual to explain how to read the aforementioned manual.
    20)Complimentry small furry things that we all may use to exert our frustrations on.
    21)Free Brandy on wednesdays.
    22)The ability to breath in space
    23)The letting go of any criminals that say 'please'.
    24)Abolition of slavery
    25)Death to all those who eat spinach and say 'yum'.

4. jack-of-all-trades Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

#1. Chemistry is a conspiracy to make me fail.

#2. Life will be hard no matter what you do.

#3. Animals have a secret network to plot our doom as a race.(I got bored on this one)

EDIT: spelling mistake

[This message has been edited by jack-of-all-trades (edited March 03, 2002).]

5. Damona Silvercloud Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Buttered toast and cats! hah! That's too much! I didn't stop laughing for ten minutes. Damn my imagination, and yours too, Frog.

[This message has been edited by Damona Silvercloud (edited March 03, 2002).]

6. Arahar

Arahar Hmm, it's a dwarf. Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

The world is truly run by mole people who have telepathic abilities that force some people into colonies where they sit around and say philosophic and deep things that seem extremely funny when said but looked at people who study things like this they say "Wow! Thats deep."

It kinda reminds me of this thread.

Frog I tried your theory, it doesn't work:(

Yes I'm insane but who is sane?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  7. the god Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] that cat/toast thing isn't original. in fact, i remember reading somewhere that some physicists actually tried it out (cat landed on its feet, incidentally). ;)

8. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Now the logical application of the aforementioned theory is to have a few cats and a piece of string around whenever you eat breakfast.

9. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] mmm... buttered fur! :shame:

10. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I have enough 'theories' that it would make uhh...um...I need a simile...uh...snow...

nevermind...

11. Capstone Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] The end of the world is coming in 23.47 standard days.

12. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Why do they call it a hot water heater? I don't need my hot water heated, I need a cold water heater and a hot water storage tank.

Also, why do they ask me to get on the plane at the airport? Evil Kenevil can get on the plane, I'd much rather get in the plane. ... Then, upon landing I'm asked to de-plane. Where did that word come from? Have you ever been asked to de-car, de-train or de-rickshaw?

I'm considering building my house out of balsa wood. That way when kids are playing on my lawn, I can set out, pick my house up over my head and yell, "Get off the lawn". I think it would be effective.

I named my dog "Stay". He's really messed up now. I keep saying, "Come here Stay." "Lay down Stay" "Fetch Stay" :rolleyes:

13. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Why legalise cigerettes and alcohol and not canabis when the legalised ones are "said" to be more harmful? Hell i don't know, i only do booze!

And why the hell are we here?

We talk about heaven and hell ... so like, shouldn't heaven be the palce where the greater beings dwell and Earth be hell where the corrupt and money minded b******s dwell?

14. TheBlackRose Gems: 13/31

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.

15. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

16. the god Gems: 13/31

[​IMG] which don't you have Sir Dargorn-
    the former, the latter or both? :grin:

17. Theory 1:
    All hot boys live in Hell.

Theory 2:
    When the science teacher asks to see your science binder, always say it's in your locker because the teacher will go on and on for 10 minutes about how it's essential to have your binder here.

Theory 3:
    It's only fun looking forward to weekends, march break, long weekends, and summer because once you are on the break, it's sooo boring....

Theory 4:
    Haffa nike dai!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.