1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Themed parties

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Felinoid, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    I know she's 'Polgara the Sorceress', but the group needs a healer and she's doing that in the books, that's why.

Anyways my Dragonlance group:
    Fizban(Paladine) - Wizard(or Sorcerer)
    Michael - Priest
    Soth - Paladin
    Tas(slehoff) - Thief
    Raistlin Majere - Wizard
    Caramon Majere - Fighter/Barbarian

2. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

heres my attempt at a group ofcharacters from anime shows, feel free to suggest classes characters should be if you feel different from the ones stated, assuming you know the shows of course.

Hemura Kenshin: Kensai
    Jubei Kibagami: Kensai/thief
    Gattsu: Berserker
    Sanosuke Sagara: Monk
    Alexander Anderson: Undead Hunter
    Alucard fighter/Sorcerer
    Edward Elric: Fighter/Cleric (may not be the best choice, but he heals his brother, and his is a tough fighter, plus my group needs a healer)

(hmm two kensais is that a little to much)
    (and i am aware that there are more than six characters)

has this been done yet a diablo Party?
    Barbarian: Barbarian
    Druid: Shapeshifter
    Paladin: Paladin
    Amazon: Archer
    Assassin: Assassin
    Necromancer: Necromancer
    Sorceress: Sorceror

(and again i am aware that there are more than six characters)

[ August 19, 2006, 07:34: Message edited by: Elfen Lied ]

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

1. Paladine is a GOD. Though Fizban did travel with the companions for a time, I'm not sure he'd be appropriate as a full-time companion. Besides, he's clearly a Wild Mage with all those spells going awry. :grin:
    2. Who the heck are Michael and Soth? Wait, Lord Soth? How the heck does an undead knight fit in? :skeptic:

A little tweaking...with some SPOILERS!!!
    Tanis - NG Half-elven Male Fighter
    Tasslehoff - CG/CN Kender (SKed halfling) Male Thief
    Caramon - Human Male Fighter (min-maxed :p )
    Raistlin - TN/NE (depending on time frame) Human Male Mage

Supporting characters...
    Kitiara - NE Human Female Fighter (defects)
    Sturm - LG Human Male Paladin (killed by Kitiara)
    Flint - Dwaven Male Fighter (dies after Sturm)
    Goldmoon - Human Female Priest of Mishakal
    Riverwind - Human Male Barbarian

I could be more specific, right down to stats, if I could just find that damn book. It had stats for important NPCs as well as the gods.

EDIT: Damn. It's only NPCs, not PCs.

[ August 19, 2006, 03:08: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Fel, those stats are around online. I'll post a link a little later. You're close on the alignments, but not perfect BTW. ;)

[later]

Raistlin Majere ( Master of the Past and Present )
    Race: Human Gender : Male Class: Wizard - Black Robe Order 20th Level Alignment : Chaotic Evil (True Neutral as a Red Robe)
    Str 10; Dex 16; Con 10; Int 17; Wis 14; Cha 15;

Caramon Majere
    Race : Human Gender : Male Class : Fighter 12th Level Alignment : Lawful Good
    Str 18(63); Dex 11; Con 17; Int 12; Wis 11; Cha 15

Flint Fireforge
    Race : Neidar Dwarf Gender : Male Class : Fighter 7th Level Alignment : Neutral Good
    Str 16; Dex 10; Con 18; Int 7; Wis 12; Cha 13

Goldmoon ( Cleric of Mishakal )
    Race : Human Gender : Female Class : Priestess 8th Level Alignment : Lawful Good
    Str 12; Dex 14; Con 12; Int 12; Wis 16; Cha 17

Kitiara Uth Matar
    Race: Human Gender : Female Class : Fighter 15th Level Alignment : Lawful Evil
    Str 14; Dex 18; Con 14; Int 13; Wis 7; Cha 14

Lauralanthalasa "Laurana" Kanan
    Race: Qualinesti Elf Gender : Female Class : Fighter 5th Level Alignment : Chaotic Good
    Str 13; Dex 17; Con 14; Int 15; Cha 16

Palin Rintalaisin Majere
    Race: Human Gender : Male Class: Wizard -White Robe Order Alignment : Lawful Good
    Str 13; Dex 16; Con 15; Int 17; Wis 16; Cha 13;

Riverwind
    Race: Human Gender : Male Class: Ranger 12th Level Alignment : Lawful Good
    Str 18(35); Dex 16; Con 15; Int 13; Wis 14; Cha 13;

Sturm Brightblade
    Race: Human Gender : Male Class : Knight of Solamnia 10th Level (In the original game, he was a Fighter) Alignment : Lawful Good
    Str 17; Dex 12; Con 16; Int 14; Wis 11; Cha 12

Tanthalas "Tanis" Kanan
    Race: Half-Elf Gender : Male Class : Fighter 10th Level Alignment : Neutral Good
    Str 16, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 13, Cha 15

Tasslehoff Burrfoot
    Race: Kender Gender : Male Class : Handler 12th Level (Same as a Thief, but no Backstabbing) Alignment : Chaotic Good (Funny, I remember him being listed as Neutral)
    Str 13; Dex 16; Con 14; Int 9; Wis 12; Cha 11

[ August 19, 2006, 17:30: Message edited by: Klorox ]

5. Elfen Lied

has this be said before a LOTR party?

Aragorn: Human Ranger
    Legolas: Elf Archer
    Gimli: Dwarf Berserker
    Gandalf: Human Dual class Figher/Mage (1 or 2 levels of fighter, mages cant use longswords unless multi or dualed right?)
    Boromir: Fighter
    Frodo: Thief

or prehaps a party made up of some of characters from Warcraft (well some of them, the troll npcs and heroes are hard to do without SK ing them)

Elves
    Illidan Stormrage: Elf Kensai (if possible SK ed to have slayer change to mirror his metamorphisis)
    Malfurion Stormrage: Elf Avenger (SK)
    Kael'Thalas: Elf Sorceror
    Tyrande Whisperwind: Elf Fighter/mage (gotta be able to use bows nad cast powerful mage spells)
    Shandris Feathermoon: Elf Archer
    Sylvannas Windrunner: Elf Archer
    Alleria Windrunner: Elf Archer

Humans
    Uther Lightbringer: Human Paladin
    Arthas Menethil: Human Paladin
    Jaina Proudmoore: Human Sorceress
    Antonidas: Human Sorceor
    Khadgar: Human Sorceror
    Anduin Lothar: Fighter
    Danath Trollbane: Human Ranger racial enemy trolls
    Turalyon: Paladin
    Kel'thuzad: Human Necromancer (he was one once)

Dwarves
    Muradin Bronzebeard: Dwarf Berserker
    Kurdran: Dwarf Berserker

Orcs
    Thrall Durotar: Half Orc Fighter/Cleric (earthquake is a priest spell right?)
    Grom Hellscream: Half Orc Berserker
    Kargath Bladefist: Half Orc Kensai
    Orgrimm Doomhammer: Half Orc Berserker
    Gul'dan: Half Orc Sorceror (SK)
    Teron Gorefiend: Half Orc Necromancer (SK)
    Garona: Half Orc Assassin

[Tried to not make all the Orcs fighter as Berserkers even though it suits just about everyone of them]

[I am aware some of these characters are dead]

feel free to coment on any of the chars and suggest classes you think they should be if they differ from the classes i suggested

[ August 26, 2006, 07:26: Message edited by: Elfen Lied ]

6. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Heh... I thought I'd killed this thread aeons ago! :shake:

Anyway, just thinking about Elfen Lied's suggestion for a Diablo II party, what about a Diablo (+Hellfire) party?

Warrior: Sword + Shield fighter (or maybe paladin, as warriors could cast some spells)

Rogue: Archer seems the obvious choice, but the Sharpshooter kit from Song & Silence could fit too.

Sorcerer: Fighter(7)/Mage (x). You could wield any weapon, wear any armour and you had to learn spells from scrolls. Sounds like a Fighter/Mage to me.

And getting into Hellfire territory -

Monk: Monk. No further explanation needed, methinks.

Bard: Blade. Special ability was dual-wielding, and could cast some spells.

Barbarian: Barbarian or Berserker with (Two-Handed) Axe & Mace. O.K., there aren't any two-handed axes in the unmodded game, but Weimer's Item mod adds some, as does the BoM Item Pack (I should know; I coded the buggers!).

If you're wondering about the last two, they were in the Hellfire expansion, but they were hidden. You activated them by editing one of the game files so as they'd appear to select. Not that anyone really played Hellfire, mind you.

7. Elfen Lied

you may have killed a similar thread but evidently not this one

and yeh hellfire is a rareity, the hellfire barb was alright, with his rage.

i was thinking of a diablo/hellfire party but any diablo game party is kinda weird, technically everyone should be at least one level of fighter as every class can use all weapons that is assuming the class the are like ranger, barbarian or paladin cant already

8. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

BTW, Aragorn is a Paladin IMO, and Gandalf is closer to a Druid than a Wizard.

9. Elfen Lied

then why do they call aragorn a ranger?

an yeh i can see where you are coming from with the gandalf thing, but he is a white wizard now, wizards are usually sorcerers or mages

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

From my brief knowledge of LotR, didn't Aragorn hide under the guise of Strider who was a ranger?

11. Elfen Lied

hmm yes if i recall he was in hiding as a ranger, but a paladin also seems like a logical choice,

he uses a bow at some point, and paladins arent to known for there use of missile weapons

but i suppose he is both depending on which part of the story line it is i guess

12. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    He should be a Ranger (in IWD2 you could just make a Pally/Ranger) since Tolkien referred to the Rangers of the North as the descendants of Numenor, the men of the West, hence Aragorn's nickname: Dunadan.

Aragorn knows too much about life in the wilderness and tracking to be a Paladin and not a Ranger (besides he doesn't worship explicitly a deity as a Paladin would/should).

He only uses a bow in the movies, not in the book. In fact in the book he only uses torches and sticks (fighting the Black Riders on Weathertop and at the fords) and later on his sword which is forged anew, he doesn't use any other sword or weapon.

First it is important to decide whether the books or the movies guide your choices (if you choose the book you can include Glorfindel), since the world of the LotR is so different from the FR it's possible to argue endlessly about what class/alignment would suit a character better (which is why IWD2 is IMHO a better game if you want to build a LoTR party).

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.