1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Themed parties

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Felinoid, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    Worf should definitely be a Half-orc berserker - way too big for a dwarf.

Arwen – Elven Fighter/Cleric

Hmmm... What about Elrond instead? It was only in the movie version of LotR that Arwen was anywhere near a combat situation (first movie). In the books she never got involved in any way. We know at least the Elrond was at a time a warrior, and we also know he has healing abilities, making him a bit better of a choice.

2. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

I am currently playing this party, theme from R. A. Salvatores "Paths of Darkness" series:

Jarlaxle: Elven Kensai (I know, other classes are better suited, but anyway...)
    Artemis Entreri: Human Assassin
    Rai'gy Bondalek: Elven Cleric/Mage
    Kimmuriel Oboldora: Elven Sorcerer

3. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

I thought about that, but he's full Klingon, not half Klingon. And there's no full Orc in the game (inferior to a Half-orc anyway).

4. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

I don't think Worf is a Berserker either. He's more controlled.

I've started a "Record of Lodoss War" party (shouldn't be too far back if you want to search a page or two):

Parn: Human Paladin
    Deetlit: Elf Fighter/Druid
    Ghim: Dwarf Berserker
    Slayn: Human Sorcerer (he and Ghim always walk next to each other)
    Etoh: Human Cleric of Lathander
    Woodchuck: Human Fighter>Thief

The party is a pretty good and balanced one, but I got bored because there's no banter. I'll try this party in IWD sometime though.

5. Felinoid

Actually, it makes him a perfect candidate for a non-chaotic (probably even lawful) Berserker. Most of the time, he's calm, cool, and controlled. But when he gets into combat...wham! Suddenly all that Klingon lust for battle comes raging out.

6. Klorox

Klorox Baruk Khazad! Khazad ai-mênu! Veteran

Can't be a lawful Berserker though, unless y'all download the patch YOU made! :)

(BTW, awesome job man!)

Brettoni: Great book series. I haven't read it in years, and wonder if the Stormbringer books are even around anymore.

7. Tofa Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

what abot the belgariad by david eddings?

Garion: fighter/ sorcerer (sk)
    Belgarath: thief/ sorcerer
    Polgara: sorcerer
    Silk: thief
    Barak: beserker
    Mandorallen: knight

it was a long time ago that i read the books. can anyone fill in the rest?

8. Gregor Gems: 7/31

Just rewatched Kill Bill Vols I & II: the Deadly Viper Assassination Squad would be interesting to play...except they'd probably all be just Kensais.

On the other hand, how about this?:

Stan - NG Fighter
    Kyle - LG Cleric of Jehovah
    Cartman - NE Sorcerer
    Kenny - NN Theif

:D

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I did a Uma Thurman Bride character in my one and only full run through of BG2. Kensai / Thief.

10. Felinoid

LMAO. Though it's spelled Thief. ;)

I'd make some changes, though. For one, I'd put Kenny as a Beastmaster for two reasons:
    1. The rats that always seem to show up.
    2. Beasmasters patently suck, so he'll be dying a lot. Appropriate, no? :grin:

And IIRC from the episode where they were playing LotR, Kyle is a paladin. Stan could be the cleric instead, as the prophet of the Scientologists. :shake: That still leaves us short a thief, though, so I'd consider adding some of the others, like maybe Butters or Tweak, since they were tried as replacements for Kenny after the "permanent" death in the movie (which has since been reversed, I believe).

And the best thing about it is that you can get appropriate soundsets! There's already a Cartman soundset on this site, and anybody with a bad mic can make a Kenny soundset by holding their hand over their mouth. :shake:

11. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I am thinking about a Red Hot Chili Peppers party. All Bards of course and take Yoshimo through for the thief aspect.

12. Gregor Gems: 7/31

I ALWAYS misspell that word. Must be a mental block. :rolleyes:

No kidding? There's really a Cartman soundset? That rocks!

It's always been in the back of my mind that if I were ever to try making a mod, a South Park mod would be fairly easy. Portraits and soundbites are readily available online. Or even a Simpsons mod:

Homer: NN Kensai (remember the Whacking Day episode?)
    Marge: LG Cleric (She'd choose her God over Homer)
    Bart: NE THIEF (Seems obvious)
    Lisa: CG Mage (She's smart and studious)
    Maggie: ?

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Well, Elle is definitely an assassin/fighter, what with the poison thing and all. On the other hand Bill and Budd can definitely not be kensais, since they use ranged weapons.

And if you'd have Pai Mei in there instead of someone else, you'd definitely have a monk.

14. Pseudospawn Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

@Gregor
    Maggie would definetly be a Druid, how else could she survive living with bears. :p

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Maybe by being an archer. What with shooting Mr Burns and those gangsters :D

16. Gasha Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

About the Eddings party, I'd say

Garion: Fighter/Sorcerer (with SK)
    Belgarath: Sorcerer (the thiefish part is not THAT big anymore)
    Polgara: Sorcerer
    Kheldar: Thief
    Barak: Berserker
    Mandorallen: Fighter
    Hettar: Ranger
    Durnik: Fighter

If you include the Malloreon, I would add
    Zakath: Fighter
    Cyradis: Diviner
    Beldin: Sorceror (maybe, and it's a big maybe, Monk/Sorcerer with SK)
    Durnik: Fighter/Sorceror

17. Gregor Gems: 7/31

Surely you're not serious! Mandorallen's got "paladin" written all over him!

18. Gasha Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I thought so too at first, but then again: He isn't a holy fighter. He isn't unusually devoted to any god, and he doesn't have any spell-like powers

19. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Gasha Polgara is more cleric, don't you think?

20. Elfen Lied

Elfen Lied The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to

hmm she is 'Polgara the Sorceress'

it does make sense to have her a Sorceress

but i can see where you are coming from

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.