1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Voyage West RP

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Dec 29, 2006.

1. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Kala, still in her room searching through her bag, suddenly dropped everything and straightened up, shocked. Cursing loudly, she left the room at a run.

"Spellman! What have you done?" she muttered loudly.

Arriving on deck she slowed to a hurried walk and, while her eyes scanned the deck for signs of smoke, she moved over to where Max was standing.

"Master Spellman" she said, in a stern voice. "I felt that release of magic. What have you done?"

((OOC: Work is extremely busy these next seven days, so I may not be posting too regularly))

2. Arrow Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Silandris wanted to say something comforting but he just couldnt find the words.
    The man ,on the other hand, looked like he didnt care.
    Still...He couldnt just leave. He noticed he was still holding a piece of his cape.
    "You can at least let me patch your hand up, friend.I know my way around medicine and I would be happy to help"
    He raised the hand showing the torn up cloth.

3. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Trailen looked at the man "Thankyou, I would appreciate that...I am Trailen by the way" he held out his hand so the man could patch him up to the best of his ability "if this voyage continues like this, your knowledge of medicine might become invaluable to me" Trailen chuckled, enjoying the freedom of his emotions while it lasted.

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Max raised an eyebrow at Kala's acusation.
    "A burst of random magic, and you blame me? I can assure you I have done next to nothing all day. That man over there just attempted to pick up the Fiend lord's mark, but was able to resist its power. The magic you felt was no doubt a result of his resistance to her will.

Well... that and the fire he evoked. Kala, I do belive that he is the other innate mage on this voyage."

There, he had said it. What she would do with the knowlage was her own choice.

"Before you accuse me of anything else, I would recomand you examine him yourself."

5. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Corth tried to recollect everything he knew about Lycaenia.
    She plays on their vanities, their wishes and dreams, and promises them things in order to subvert the entire world. She called to those with potential power. Innate magickers who felt rejected seemed to flock to her. Wizards, on the other hand, hardly ever sought her out, they were usually interested in their own power.

Corth wondered if anyone could hear her call as easily as he could? Or were they only drawn to the item because it seemed to fascinate them? Corth heard the call as clearly as if someone had spoken to him;
    :You can never show yourself to them. They will hate you. Fear you. Come to me. Receive what you truly deserve. You gave up your life to serve a God who took everything from you. You gave up your life to serve a God you hated. Come to me. I will keep you safe. I will help you make them see that you are righteous and not to be feared. Who are they to judge you? They don't know your sacrifice. I will reward you with everything you've ever wanted; Family and friends...I will give you peace...:

The offer was tempting. It really was. But, Corth knew, and fully understood The Lady. It all came at a price. A price that he had already paid. To someone else. And he had the amulet - and the scars - to prove it.

Corth shook his head to clear his mind of the seductive voice and focused on the event at hand. Clearly, Rellyn was a wretch. Whatever slums he had crawled out of, he was the best that Lycaenia had to work with. But, now, had Lycaenia abandoned him in favour of someone else?

It was believable. Corth saw Trailen almost succumb to The Call. And was thankful when Trailen flinched away from it at the last second. Corth looked towards the wizards huddled in conversation; Kala and Max. Could they hear the Call? Or were they hearing it and ignoring it? Surely they had power. Or the potential.

Corth wondered if his own - intimate - knowledge of daemons and The Planes made him the only one to hear it clearly?

Corth looked towards Alandra; Bards already had a bizarre sense of their own self-worth. Perhaps The Lady would manipulate The Bard?
    Corth realised there was a far more easily susceptible target; Captain Urgeld. Whose fame and fortune were already considerable. And his hunger for both was obviously never satiated.

6. Arrow Gems: 2/31

"Nice to meet you , Trailen" said half elf
    "now this might sting a little" he said and spraid
    the gel on the wounded hand covering it with cloth a moment later.
    "My name is Silandris" he then lowered his head a little with a worried look in his eyes.
    "Im sorry but my supplies are not that great"
    I need fresh plants to neutralize the wounds and these that I have with me, are begining to dry out"
    "Hm I hope that on the island maybe..."he mummbled more to himself
    He than quickly raised his head
    "I can give you these..." -
    He pulled out a dozen of dry leaves out of his belt and held them forth
    "Put two or three in the hot water and drink it.It may taste like carrion but it will take the pain away" he smiled

7. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    "Thankyou Silandris, my hand feels less painful now, although I will keep these just incase" Trailen smiled. He looked around the ship and saw Max look in his direction as he spoke to a lady...had he seen too?

8. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

A deep frown grew across Kala's face. Without turning to look at Trailen she nodded and spoke quietly to Max.

"I see. I apologies for blaming you. I was not aware that there was another... obviously less strongly willed innate upon this ship. But that is a worry for later. First we must remove this amulet before it can tempt anyone further. I admit, I know very little about devils and demons - it has honestly never interested me. Do you have any ideas how we can get rid of this thing?"

9. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    "I have been able to deal with imps and other minor demons in the past, but I am afraid that there is little I can do to help when it comes to the Great Fiends." He replied to Kala

At this point, Max became aware of a wispering sound in his mind. He could guess where it came from. Gradually the wispering changed into discernable words.

"You are lying to the woman. You know more then you say about Fiends, Mage. You would be put to better service working for me." Lyceinia wispered.

"Oh shut up" he thought back.

"Remember mortal, I always get what I want. Sooner or later, you will work for me. Most definately sooner. Why fight it?

Max shivered, then relised he had remained silent for some time.

"Probably the best bet would be to throw it over the side of the railing with out touching it, as it would almost certinaly try to corrupt any who touch it. I can also say it would take great power to destroy such an object. Power we don't have."

"But you could have it. Pick up my symbol and become my servent, and there would be no need to worry about disposing of it. Or perhaps my other servent could let slip something of your past. It is your choice"

"As I have said to others of your ilk, I want nothing to do with you. Max replied

Max heard laughter in reply. Laughter that sound wrong, devoid of feeling "You almost sound as if you belive that. I will know if you change your mind, Master Spellman."

Max wasn't overly worried about Ryllen saying something. Who would belive the words of a devil? But the fact that his past was a subject of common knowlage in the Infernal planes made him nervous.

10. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

It finally happened. The Lady had most likely tried at those who she thought worthy - and failed. And, now she was grabbing at anything she could get. Corth read it on their faces, the same sailors who had been averting their gaze from the icon, were now looking at it lustily with greed.

:That's it! Take me before the others do!: Came that same seductive - almost hypnotic - voice in Corth's head.
    You do know that, if I choose to pick up the icon, I will never use it. I might not even get the chance. You understand that I will never serve you. was Corth's reply
    :But why!? I will protect you. Vailorath abandoned you. You abandoned Vailorath.:
    No. I abandoned the Church. Not Vailorath. You don't know me.
    :I know who you were...Better, I know who you can become.:

I hate who I was. And I loathe what I could become with your help. I have dedicated my life to destroying those who would do wrong and those in their service - no matter the cost. Corth broke contact. Or, at least, he tried to. The Lady was - in the end - a God.

Corth strode purposefully towards the amulet lying still on the deck. :Don't do this!: wailed the voice in his head.

I do what I have to do. To protect the others. thought Corth. Corth only prayed to whichever God would listen, that someone would stop him.

11. Arrow Gems: 2/31

"Hm,I dont wont to intrude Trailen but..."
    He could hear a silent whisper in his head
    "But I..."
    The wissper slowly became a voice
    "Did your god leave you, petty one?"
    "Who..What are you?"
    "Im the one that knows your deepest desires,your deepest feares.I am the one that can return what you lost.." voice spoke in the silent sweet tone
    "Why should I trust you?"
    "You have no other choice" the voice agressivly raised its tone and than suddenly restrained
    "Your pathetic attemps to live again are futile.
    I CAN GIVE YOU ALL YOU WANT HERE...NOW"
    "NO"- Silandris yelled out loud, and in that moment the voice was gone
    He looked at Trailen and around himself
    "Why you lookin at him, he cant help you,that fool
    cant even help himself hehe.I can feel your weakness..." the voice returned
    Images were just rollin in front of his eyes
    "Yes.."-he said "NO"
    He than heard laughter in his head slowly fading away
    "I must try and find some help or this demon will devour me"-he said in himself pressuring his hands against his face hoping the deamon wont speak to him again

12. Rotku

Kala shook her head.

"No, that wont' do. If we thrown it over the side it'll only resurface at a later time, somewhere. It must come with us. Is there anything to stop me carrying it, until we find a means to dispose of it?"

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Max was honestly suprised by the suggestion. While he knew Kala would act to save others, even if it ment her own life was forfit, there were few who would rick geting involved with Fiend Lords. He's view of her had gone up several degrees.

"Hmm... provided you don't actully touch it, you should be fine. I dislike the idear of keeping it on the ship, but if you insist on doing so I will aid you.

First thing you would have to do is hide it out of sight. The less thought about it, the better. There in the problem of her mental calls though. No one on this ship can block out a god... unless you know something I dont?"

Max turned to regard the necklace and saw that Corth was standing above it, looking down at it with hatred, fear and... something else.

He wouldn't... would he? Yes, he would. Max thought to himself.

Though he doubted it would work in time Max flung out a hand and let lose a small blast of force at Corth, hopeing to knock him away from the necklace...

14. Rotku

Kala paused, glancing in Corth's direction as Max sent the small blast his way. Without waiting to see his reactions, she turned back to Max and continued in a whisper.

"Well, do you think you could lift the amulet up and throw it as far away as possible with magic, but once it is out of sight drag it back to the side of the ship? Once it's there, I'll fasten it in place. That way it will be out of sight and reach of everyone. As for the voices, we will just have to be on guard."

15. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31

Corth's fingers were almost brushing the amulet on the deck when a small burst of what seemed like wind, picked Corth up and pushed him backwards a few feet. Corth landed - hard - on the deck.
    It's only bruising thought Corth, as he began to rise.

Was someone preventing him from destroying the artifact? Or was someone pushing Corth out of the way to get to the amulet for themselves?
    Corth never saw who had sent the spell at him, but there were only so many wizards on board the ship. Corth hated wizards.

But, maybe that was the plan? That Lycaenia had made him think that he could destroy it, in order for Corth to pick it up? Or, perhaps in thinking that he was the only one to bear the burden, The Lady would, slowly over time corrupt him.

Corth only knew one thing; That he had to pick up the necklace. He didn't know why. Lycaenia could be calling to him. Or, Vailorath himself might be urging Corth to destroy it. Or, perhaps it was Corth's sense of self-sacrifice that made him want to pick it up so that no-one else would have to bear the burden.

It would be so much easier if Vailorath gave me a sign... Yes, Corth had left the Church. But, he still believed in Vailorath, and The Duty that he placed on Corth - and all of his priests. That evil must be held in check, at whatever cost was neccessary.
    Corth still believed. So, why had Vailorath stopped answering him? And, worse, why had He taken away Corth's clerical powers?

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Max considered Kala's sujestion. It would probably be for the best if they could destroy it.

"Aggred." He said.
    "We'll announce to the crew that we intend to throw it over the side, and have witnesses when we do. That way no one will think it remains on the ship... not immediately anyway. Whill I still think we should just get rid of it, it should be destroyed."

Max saw that Corth had recovered from the bolt of force, and was still looking... no. No, that wasn't right. He was glaring at the symbol.

"Kala, we may have to do something about Corth, Soon. He doesn't look... stable."

17. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The amulet suddenly began to dissolve into the air, the metal flakes being carried off into the breeze.

"Odd." said Alandra, "Can't say I've seen anything like that happen before. I wonder if she turned her back on Ryllen or if someone is watching over us."

With the disappearance of the amulet, the attention of the crew was focused back at Ryllen, and Haukor's proposed execution.

18. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Max blinked in suprise at the dissaperance of the necklace.

"Well... that makes things easy." He said to Kala.

19. Arrow Gems: 2/31

Silandris saw as the amulet dissapeared in air.
    He walked to the people gathered around it and asked
    "Is it over?"

20. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Alandra moved up next to Silandris and shook her head.

"Now is where it really starts. We've a got a follower of Pyltharam in our midsts, he won't let a fiend worshiper off so easily, his god wouldn't allow him. I'll be curious to see how this is handled as those who worship fiends are typically executed for their actions because they are truly dangerous, but on the other hand I suspect certain members of this crew won't be keen on executing a man who seems to be our prisoner."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.