1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The things, people and places that annoy the hell out of you

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Runescarred, Aug 30, 2010.

1. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

The two lesbians who just moved in downstairs. I don't care about their lesbianism, knock yourselves out, ladies, but they fight like cats and dogs -- from midnight to 2am in the frigging morning! Loudly. I am of the humble opinion that they are in an abusive relationship (and I say that with all sincerity here -- the one just seems to be more dominant, pushy, aggressive, and just <w>itchy than the other.) I gave them a warning last night, in my polite, self effacing way -- "I don't mean to be a dick, but the walls here are pretty thin and my wife and I have to work in the morning. It's 2am, ladies."

Next time will not be self effacing. Next time will be "hey, shut up! You wanna fight, go for a walk to the field next door and let us sleep!"

2. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Reminds me of a line I read somewhere on the Internet 'Two femmes should not be together, someone has to keep the drama in check.' :D

3. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

Made me lol :lol:

4. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Did I mention that I hate this opportunistic piece of crap more than anything? I'm no MJ fan, but she is no crusader for decency and morality -- she's a grandstanding money-grubbing <snip -- snipped with extreme frigging prejudice>

5. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Social workers. I'm convinced they clone them. Mental health workers (doctors, nurses)

6. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

One thing I hate is NOT seeing Shell on the boards. It's good to see you, my friend!

7. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Great avatar, Shell! :)

People who think following the rules of savoir-vivre equals conformism.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    People who send you FB invites to events in other countries.

starfox64 likes this.
  9. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    [​IMG] Hi LKD :wave: missed you! And thanks Runey :) Another annoyance is having no computer and being forced to use my mobile to get on the boards :( it takes forever

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Two things: (a) rude people in bars in general and (b) misogynistic gays in particular.

I went to a bar with a friend and his 8 month pregnant wife. We only found a large table, so after we sat and there were some seats left. Place gets crowded, and two girls come along asking if they can seat themselves with us. Sure thing. Soon after two guys (gays) come along, and seat themselves as well. Fine as well. Then three more people come along, that one guy demanded we make place and I told him that my friend's wife needs the space, and that thus the table is full.

He just couldn't take that as an answer. After a plainly disgusted look at that [​IMG] pregnant woman [​IMG] he then started complaining loudly why we wouldn't move to another table and made himself an obnoxious nuisance generally.

WTF? How brazen and stupid is that? Give them the little finger, and you've given them both hands ... Well, I told him in no uncertain terms exactly how brazen and stupid I thought it was and he hates me now. Belatedly he got the message and took his crowd with him. What an a**hole. When they left one of the girls had to add that now we'd have the table for us again. I explained her that she wasn't the problem, and that she had been pleasant company and was welcome to sit there as long as she wanted. Geez. :rolleyes: Not the brightest bulb she was, but pretty.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2010
  11. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    My company is headquartered in San Francisco and I go there every now and then. I hate it when I accidentally walk into a gay bar and the guy start picking up on me. I mena seriously, after the first 'I'm ignoring you and just sitting here drinking my beer' cant' you get the damned point?

I REALLY hate when I accidentally walk into a gay bar and nobody even tries....

:p

12. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    An old friend of mine used to go to gay bars while she was training as a nurse. She liked being able to go to a bar and have a drink without being hit on.

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Then she was lucky not to go to gay bars where patrons would complain about the menstruation stench or some such. That gays always like women or are nice to them, as Sex in the City tries to tell people, is an urban myth. Same for the idea that gays are always somewhat effeminate or gifted with good taste, and that they are good a decorating things, and dress well.

I have worked at a company with ~60% gay staff. My old boss there, gay, told female employees on their first day at work, pretty much verbatim, that they'd better put their uterus in a glass for the duration of their employment (which, wording aside, everyone understood to be an implicit (illegal) threat of firing in case of pregnancy). I have made the experience that in some gays there is a distinct misogynistic streak, and a great dislike for little children and mothers, bordering to hostility and disgust.

I lament that I have been able to observe that, since I'd have preferred them to have to tact to at least stfu about it in their presence. But alas, it appears to be a thing they feel they needed to express.

There is great diversity in gay people, including some nice folk and some quite obnoxious folk. That's just as with everybody else.

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I want to re-iterate (and this seems to be the right place for it) how much I hate Kanye West.

What a colossal douchebag. Seriously, WTF is wrong with this guy? He storms onto a stage to ruin a young girl's moment in the sun with a load of racist crap*, acts like a complete tool there, and now she's a bad person because she allegedly uses his useless behaviour to bolster her own career? And she didn't jump to his defense? He doesn't deserve any defense from her, he did something ignorant. What a dick. I hate this guy with a passion. And not because he's black. Because he's a douche, plain and simple.

* I know there's those who have stated on other threads that West's antics on stage had no racist overtones, but I beg to differ. And he certainly is more than willing to throw the racist label at other people. I'm no fan of George W., but Kanye is an <snipped with extreme prejudice>

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] H is not a vowel or an accent. It's a consonant that is pronounced in the english language in all but a few rare instances. Why so much abuse for the eighth letter?!

16. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

I'll tell you who really grinds my gears -- liars. People who sign contracts that they have no intention of keeping, people with the morals of a dog in heat who think only of themselves and have no, none, zilch consideration for the society that supports their lazy asses. I advocate the death penalty for people who rip off the government and their fellow citizens.

17. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I advocate the death penalty, period.

18. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    I hate that demanding system notification popup that flies up on your screen from down in the corner every five minutes after you've installed a system update, warning you to restart your computer or you are doomed.

pop - "Don't forget to restart your computer!"

(Starts composing e-mail to girlfriend - "Dear sweetheart, it is with great sadness that I must inform you - ")

(Starts compiling spreadsheet with critical financial data for tax accountant before IRS arrives - )

(Starts work on The Great American Novel, fully immersed in creating the best opening sequence ever seen by mankind in a literary work - )

:nolike:

8people likes this.
  19. Marceror

Marceror Chaos Shall Be Sown In Their Footsteps Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Gaear, how about this as an alternative... maybe you should try listening to your computer's advice a little more often, instead of acting as if you somehow know better than it when the time to reboot is. I mean, really, it's a computer: it's smart.

Surrender your will to it, or else!

Yes, this one annoys me highly too! :D

20. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Moar bad advice! :p

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.