1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The things, people and places that annoy the hell out of you

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Runescarred, Aug 30, 2010.

1. Rahkir

Rahkir Cogito, ergo doleo

I've been mistaken for a woman online as well. Woman-man BFFS4Life! :D

Semi-annoyance:
    -Adults who hate celebrities directed at children (Hannah Montana, Barney, etc.) I have yet to find anything wrong with my brain after watching a lot of Scooby Doo and a few episodes of Barney as a young boy. [I went on to get a 2nd in class score on my ACT, below only a man who got a perfect score, and then a 4.0GPA in college] What's wrong with loving everything when you're four or five? It think it'd be wise to wait until your child is at least a preteen before forcing the sadness of the world into their little brains (If you have the choice). :D
    But that is more of a bias I tend to avoid than a true annoyance. ^_^

2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've always found that the programme content isn't the problem. The problem is when your kid wants...the...same...damn...programme...on...15...times...a...day.

It rots your brain faster than heroin

3. Rahkir

It may rot the adult's brain, but repetition is very important from a child developmental point of view. :D

I agree though; "Hair Spray" being on the TV fifty times* in one weekend was enough to drive me insane.

*Hyperbole for dramatic effect

4. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Similarly, I find it irritating when teens lash out (oftentimes violently) at the things they liked only a few years before, like Barney. I guess it's a part of the whole claim to autonomy thing that they have to go through, but I just wish they didn't have to be so self-conscious and dramatic about it.

We get it, teenager. You are edgy and sophisticated. Now go have a soda pop and play some video games. And leave Barney alone.

:bad:

5. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

LOL I had my daughters visiting me this weekend, and I asked them their opinion of Justin Bieber. My 12 year old said he's an idiot, my 8 year old said "I like his music, but that's it!"

ION, I don't like people who can't control their tempers. Enjoy:

Woman stabbed during anger management class

A woman in Bellvue, Wash., is accused of stabbing another woman during an anger management class.

The Seattle Times reports that Faribah Maradiaga is charged with second-degree assault after police allege she "blew up out of control" and stabbed a classmate in the arm and shoulder several times with a three-inch blade Saturday.

Maradiaga was reportedly complaining about a video the class was watching, when the victim told her "the video was good and to give it a chance." The two women exchanged words and violence broke out, police said.

6. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I especially hate that when Americans and Europeans says that when in fact they are actually pertaining to technological set backs.

A couple of things I dislike when it comes to hospitals... well technically I really dislike only one of them, the other just irks me.
    - doctors telling you that bed rest is a must but the nurses have to systematically wake you up in ungodly hours to take your medications.
    - doctors keep preaching about how bad junk foods are but the hospital is littered with vendo machines with chips, cookies and soda pops.

And for the record, it's only this past few weeks that I realized Runescarred was female and Kitrax was male. :o :D

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Kitrax is male? :eek:

8. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Telemarketers. :nolike: Especially the ones who just won't take a hint.

Telemarketer: "I'm calling from <name of Internet Provider>"
    Me: "I might as well tell you I'm not interested!"
    Telemarketer: "But listen, bla bla bla bla..."
    Me: "Look, I'm really not ..."
    Telemarketer: "Bla bla bla bla and bla bla bla..."
    Me: "Hey, as I said..."
    Telemarketer: "Blablabla doesn't that sound good?"
    Me: "As I told you several hundred bla's ago, I'm not..."
    Telemarketer: "Why don't we just say that I write to your current Internet Provider and tell them you're switching to us, and we'll start the process right away?
    Me: "NO!"

... It kind of degenerated from that point. I've censored the rest, as my use of language was ... :flaming: ... shall we say, not BoM compliant.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I've taken to using this tactic on telemarketers:

T: May I interest you in . . .

Me: Hold on one sec, please.

I then put down the phone and go about whatever business I was doing. The next time I am near the phone, I pick it up and inquire politely about whatever it was they were trying to sell me. Strangely, they never wait.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh. I just say "I'm not interested." and hang up without waiting for any response.

11. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I do the same. I say "thanks, I'm not interested, have a great day" and then just hang up. I don't wait for their permission. They are not my friends, I am civil but not cozy.

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I hate weak bin bags. You don't even have to toss in a used coffee pad to let them rip. You can make that happen by just looking at them or threaten them with a feather duster!
    How am I supposed to get rid of all these body parts?! I might as well start a pig farm, Brick Top style...

13. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Our friend just bought a farm ans is renting out pigs :) You pay for a pig, he raises it on his land and then has it butchered for you.

We're going to have a lot of bacon!

Migrains annoy me, I can't find anything to go to help them. Kev is in agony with one and all I can do is give him one of my old painkillers and neurofen so he can sleep and have a small break from the pain. I'm taking him to the doctors tomorrow so maybe we can get something decent.

Also the weather is annoying me right now.

14. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Something fun to try is to time it so you pick up again just before they've reached their limit, then ask them if they're still waiting, and then ask them to hold again. Sometimes they'll hang on for an extra cycle or two. This works best if you bait them initially with a fake "my god!" show of interest. ;)

15. Rahkir

When I lived in the UP I bought a pig from a friend; it's way more delicious than anything store bought [and the place was as humane/clean as could get]. You better have a big freezer ready in the garage/basement to store everything you'll get. Best bacon ever though... applewood smoked with a little pepper, mmm.

Edit, and oh, I used to get intense migraines exactly this time every year. (Vomiting from the pain, ulta-sensitive to sound/light, etc.) What always helped me feel better, besides sleep, was lots of caffeine/really salty food. Not sure why caffeine helps; maybe the imps who stab you in the eyeballs and brain with unproportionately large hammers are allergic. Yes, they stab you with hammers, that's how annoying and nonsensical they are. Otherwise the only way for me to get over them is to ride them out in a dark room with a good movie playing dimly in the background (drowns out the buzz/thumping).
    If your friend is having a migraine, the best thing is to probably let him sleep, or sit next to him and stroke his hair. Not much else you can do, so don't beat yourself up. ^_^

16. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

My brother is a huge BG II nerd (well, surprise!), oddly fascinated with Jan Jansen. He got a call from a telemarketer a few weeks ago.

Telemarketer: Good evening, could I interest you in one of our products? It's a *at least ten adjectives in gradus superlativus here* toaster!
    Brother: Is that so. Tell me more, please.
    Telemarketer: *ranting, ranting, ranting*
    Brother: If you would be so kind, could you answer a question?
    Telemarketer: Why, of course!
    Brother: Will a turnip fit into it?
    Telemarketer: Excuse me?
    Brother: A turnip. Would it fit into your toaster?
    Telemarketer: ... but... well... these products are usually designed for BREAD?
    Brother: Then I am not interested, thank you.

:D

Morgoth likes this.
  17. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    That's fab!

We get loads of trick-or-treaters every halloween so we bought two big tubs of Celebrations the other day because they were on offer and it means we've got loads of sweets on for the kids.
    Anyway, 1 tub of chocolates + my time of the month + Rob trying to take away the chocolate = Rob minus a finger and me covered in chocolatey goodness!

18. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That's great! If I... let's say, provide that pig farm with food, would you still eat that bacon? :evil:

19. Silvery

Media:
    Sorry, thought that I'd put my last comment in the RBP d'uh

20. Runescarred Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Well, I bet people trying to take your chocolate are annoying, so it fits here, too. :D

Edit:

Damn the post-communist, space-saving blocks of flats and their stand-up showers! I miss having a tub.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.