1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Sucky Music Thread

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Disciple of The Watch, Nov 17, 2005.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Just a correction, here, CoF is NOT Scandinavian... they're from England. And they suck. Big time.

When I said everything that comes out of Scandinavia is great, I was talking about METAL not that crap radio-friendly music! I HATE RADIO!

2. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

The Rasmus are a fine example of hunting the almighty buck. I never liked them to begin with, but on their first couple of albums they played this strange semi-funk kind of stuff, and seemed honest. Then they got bigshot hit producers from Sweden, changed their style completely, and whaddaya know, big international success. This new "gothic" image of theirs is about as much their own thing as Finland is in Africa.

Long story short: They turned from an honest crap band into a phony crap band.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Uh, 2 of the founding members of The Cardigans are from metal bands - Peter Svensson and Magnus Sveningsson. :nono: :p If you don't want me poking holes in your statements, then narrow your subject from such a broad base.

:shame: I can't believe no one else has Pat Boone's CD of metal covers. Ah, the glories of old school. :lol:

Trying to steer this out-of-control boat back on target, I must say that clarinets suck.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Indeed - clarinets suck! They sound like geese...

(not that I'm really sure what a goose sounds like, but that's the general impression I get)

5. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I can find something good in most genres.

NĂ¼-Metal: The first Korn album, Deftones.
    MTV-pop: Pink and a lot of misc good songs.
    Hip-Hop: Beastie Boys, Dr. Dre, Snoop.
    Black Metal: That "Blashyrk(?) mighty raven dark" song by Immortal, the video rules too.
    Post-Harcore/Emo/Pop-Punk: Sum 41, My Chemical Romance, Green Day and pretty much every epitaph band, if you want to put them in this category.
    Power Metal: The chorus of Under Jolly Roger (especially the drum fills) and some Manowar.

Stuff I really hate is whiny pop like Coldplay, Kemopetrol and Lene Marlin, boore pop/rock like U2 and Maroon 5 and power metal, or whatever, like Nightwish, Running Wild, Stratovarius, there are too many to mention, but they all seem to be either finish or german. It's funny how metalheads rant on Britney, for not putting any emotion in her music, but they own every Nightwish album.

6. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Oops. I apologize to all scandinavians. ;)

I rembered the band name: Dimmu Borgir.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Old Dimmu is good stuff, Fabius... Stormblast, For All Tid, Devil's Path... They began to suck on Enthrone Darkness Triumphant (the album that made me stop listening to them), and Death Cult Armageddon is their worst (heard that one in a party at a friend's place and it sucked BIG TIME).

Also makes me wonder where the hell they fish such stupid names. They take a dictionary, and look up for 3 random words? Ex: Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, Godless Savage Garden, Death Cult Armageddon, Spiritual Black Dimensions... WTFF? (what the ****ing ****)

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I don't doom entire genres, even if there are some genres I don't find much redeemable in....

but the one thing that gets me is clones. After an artist gets successfull, gazillion carbon copies appear - THOSE I have a definite dislike for.

9. Disciple of The Watch

Agreed, Ara.

But without all those carbon copies, what would the pathetic radio stations patch up their programmation with?

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Commercials? :p

11. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

BLACK METAL!!
    or silence

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Duct tape?

13. Disciple of The Watch

Epoxy sealer!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.