1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The SP IWD2 Adventure

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Harbourboy, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Day 93:

“Cool, a monastery! Kiii-haaaa!” exclaimed Disciple of the Watch making a chopping motion with his hand “Wish we had a monk in the party. A monk would be tougher than you weanies.”

“Actually, I have some skills in the arts of unarmed combat” explained Chevalier.

“Bah – if you went into combat unarmed, you’d end up with no arms, literally” replied Disciple.

“Well, at least Chevalier wasn’t the one who set that whole hive of Duergars on us back there, unlike a certain Lorekeeper / Bard / Barbarian I could name. What a nightmare that was.” pointed out Nakia.

“Come on!” responded Disciple “Those losers were supposed to give us cool magic items for clearing those monsters out of the caves and they didn’t pay up. Nobody reneges on a deal with Disciple of the Watch and lives!!”

“Well, mighty Disciple, I think we only really got out of there alive thanks to our faithful Living Impaired friends and Harbourboy’s exciting new Firestorm spell which effectively blinded those gray dwarves so they couldn’t aim their crossbows at YOU.” said Rallymama.

So, having passed through the river caves, the party is now at the Black Raven monastery enjoying a well earned rest although it seems that one of them will have to take the mysterious test of the Eight Chambers before they can progress any further……

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 13
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 8 / Fighter 4
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 12
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 6 / Wizard 5
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 9 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1

2. Brettoni Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Harborboy,

Just out of curiosity, what were the starting stats of your PCs?

3. Bion Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

4. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    :lol:

One of these days, somethings not going to take to well to being chased about by him and he's gonna get a fair bite.

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Nice one, Bion. Unfortunately, Steve Irwin's wisdom (and Intelligence) would be so low, he wouldn't be able to cast any spells.

Day 100:

"Now, I think I've prepared him properly" explained Chevalier, "now all you need to do is blast him with lightning."

Harbourboy was not at all convinced that Chevalier knew what he was talking about, but proceeded to cast Chain Lightning on the unmoving flesh golem.

Zap!

At first, nothing happened, then the flesh golem creaked and moved, before declaring:

"I WILL OBEY THE MASTER!"

"Woah!" exclaimed Disciple of the Watch. "For once (and this is saying something), you have impressed me, Chevally-boy. An Enhanced Flesh Golem to follow us around and do our bidding. That is one of the coolest things I have ever seen! If I had an army of them, I could take over the w...... er, let's carry on then, eh?"

The party is deep in the Underdark now, on a mission to clear out an infestation of Driders. The best new spell discovery has been Harbourboy's 'Trollish Fortitude' which regenerates 5 hit points per round. This is a huge help and pretty much frees up Rallymama's Heal spells to be used on the other characters.

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 13 (Flaming Star Mace +1)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 9 / Fighter 4 (Currently working through an array of darts of all types)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 12 (Moonblade of Selune)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 6 / Wizard 6 (Greatsword +3)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 9 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1 (Harmless Staff - the one with hilarious random effects)

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I never got the 'Harmless Staff'. Is that in the vanila version or from a mod?

7. Harbourboy

It's in a crate in the Black Raven monastery. It has all sorts of whacky random effects with over-the-top oriental kungfu style names. For example, "Three Jade Mist!" poisons your opponent.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oops, my Nakia did not look carefully enough. Oh well. Glad your party found it. Sounds like fun and the perfect weapon for DotW.

Edit: oops, left out the word not once again.

[ August 31, 2006, 23:13: Message edited by: Nakia ]

9. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    :D funny as hell, love reading it

[ August 28, 2006, 00:44: Message edited by: Trellheim ]

10. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Eh, I don't think DotW wants this world. Seeing it burnt to ashes would be good enough for him... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

WHAT!? Ehh, hold on... random effects, eh? Well, both DotW and I are pretty damn random as well... you just might be right.

11. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

And to think, Steve Irwin is pretty much an icon for Australia to the outside world. You have no idea how much that depresses me as an Australian citizen.

12. Bion Gems: 21/31

"Rally, look, a dragon! Isn't she a beauty. Moves faster than a dunny door in a cyclone... Crickey! She bit off my leg! No worries, I've got another..."

Or how bout this: Harbourboy battles a medusa!

(OK, I s'pose if Irwin doesn't work for you, this might.)

[ August 28, 2006, 17:17: Message edited by: Bion ]

13. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    :lol:

Excellent video Bion!

14. Harbourboy

Nice one, Bion. Where do you find this stuff? Loved the Clash of the Titans reference. Shame about the awful attempt at an Australian accent though.

Day 104:

"Well, now that those Driders are history, let's go back and loot that chest under the monastery." suggested Disciple of the Watch.

"Yeah, there's bound to be some good stuff in there." agreed Nakia.

"That would be stealing." pointed out Chevalier.

"Not to mention the small matter of those Iron Golems that were guarding it." added Harbourboy.

"Bah, you wimps." spat Disciple. "Those golems have been asleep for centuries. They'll never wake up....."

Of course, Disciple's optimism was misplaced and the golems did wake up. This is traditionally one of the toughest battles in the game. The party only managed to get through by applying every buff known to man to Chevalier, which gave him 37 AC plus a load of Mirror Images to protect him whilst he swung away with his Greatsword +3, assisted by two zombies and a rapidly regenerating Harbourboy. In the background, Nakia and Disciple had to keep running around in circles to stay out of reach of the two golems that they were distracting. Rallymama used all three of her heal spells on Chevalier. In the end, the treasure was not much use to the party (Bracers +4 are really useful for characters who wear no armour, but this party has nobody like that).

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 14 (136 hit points, including +10 from Mail of Life. Constitution 13)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 9 / Fighter 4 (120 hit points. Con 14)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 13 (104 hit points. Con 10)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 6 / Wizard 6 (96 hit points. Con 12, when wearing Ring of Hearty Strength)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 10 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1 (98 hit points. Con 10)

15. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Croc Dundee / Paul Hogan is a much better Australian representative as he is at least sane, though he still doesnt have all that much upstairs.

16. Harbourboy

Day 109:

“Why isn’t he coming with us?” asked Harbourboy.

“Well, the Enhanced Flesh Golem cannot be exposed to daylight.” replied Chevalier.

“Oh no!” cried Nakia “We have to say goodbye to Fleshie?”

“Fleshie?” exclaimed Disciple of the Watch “His name’s not ‘Fleshie’! He’s a highly advanced killing machine. His name can’t be ‘Fleshie’.”

“Oh well” sighed Rallymama “May Selune watch over you, faithful golem.”

“Bye bye, Fleshie!”

With that, the party left the Underdark after a heated battle with the dreaded Illithid Elder Brain. Luckily, the Will saves in this party are quite high, so the mindflayer psychic assaults did not have as much effect as they could have.

Once out into the sunlight, they immediately had another big fight against some more of Isair and Madae’s cronies, although Nakia came to the fore in the encounter with some very clever use of Force bullets on the Earth Elementals (enclosing them in Otiluke’s Resilient Spheres) and Stunning Darts on the wizards, to help up even up the odds. Her astronomic dexterity based attack bonuses mean she almost never misses and these magic effects were like gold.

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 14
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 9 / Fighter 4
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 13
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 6 / Wizard 7
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 11 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Woo, another update! Still looking interesting.

18. Harbourboy

Day 117:

“Snakes” sighed Chevalier “Why did it have to be snakes?”

“Bah” spat Disciple of the Watch “Snakes are cool. These Yuan-Ti are idiots. That’s why I like using this excellent Blood Flail on them. Poisons the bastards, just a real snake should.”

“Anyway” interrupted Nakia “Do we have to go through this swirly portal now?”

The party is well into Chapter Five, having been through the following recent adventures:
    - braving another balloon ride with Oswald
    - battling hordes of undead (having two clerics is great)
    - defeating the renegade Banite, Hrothgar
    - tackling random bands of the Yuan Ti who have taken over Kuldahar

Next assignment is the journey to Chult to find away to destroy the mysterious “Guardian of the Cross Roads”.

The party is already a bit nervous as to how to accomplish this with their current resources. Send a hyperbuffed, but low hit point Chevalier in? Surround it with a horde of undead? Use a shapeshifted low AC Harbourboy?

Levelling up has slowed down now so they probably can’t expect much more increase in power before the big clash.

First though, there is temple full of Yuan Ti to deal with…….

Current status:
    Harbourboy - Human - NG - Druid 14 (Flaming mace +1)
    Nakia - Lightfoot Halfling - CG - Rogue 10 / Fighter 4 (Dual wielding Brilliant Short Sword and Short Sword of Shadows)
    Rallymama - Moon Elf - NG - Silverstar of Selune 13 (Moonblade of Selune)
    Chevalier - Human - LG - Paladin of Mystra 6 / Wizard 7 (Greatsword +4 or Halberd of the North)
    Disciple of the Watch - Human - NE - Lorekeeper of Oghma 11 / Bard 1 / Barbarian 1 (Poisoned Blood Flail)

19. Bion Gems: 21/31

Crikey, now my little joke takes a tragic turn. RIP Steve Irwin...

20. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Even you Bion can't predict the future.

I don't remember this part of IWD2 anymore, so it's even more fun reading now. Thanks a lot Harbourboy.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.