1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The silly LOTR movie

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Ragusa, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Kinda like DiCaprio's in Titanic. And we know how that went. :D

2. Sapiryl Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I would never go so far as to associate any self respecting male actor (and some who are not self respecting) with our dear Leo. :toofar: I never saw Titanic, and vow that I never will. Nothing like profitting off of a huge disaster and loss of human life, with no historical preservation ideals or moral lesson. :flaming:

EDIT: I know you were only joking, I was just being finicky.

[This message has been edited by Sapiryl (edited February 05, 2002).]

3. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Chill out, I was only joking. And Titanic was actually a good movie.

4. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Titanic was a great movie.....:toofar:

It was nothing but a 3 hour long sob story.

Sure it was an expensive movie, but great, that's just too much

5. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Titanic ?? ugh..

Well I found the movie surprisingly good. That's mainly because I was expecting another StarWars Episode I disaster (read "kiddy movie"), and seeing limbs getting torn off and all felt really good (don't ask :p ). Nowadays, we know for sure that any big budget movie will have incredible special effects, costumes etc., so that was no surprise.

I think Arwen should get killed asap in the movie. And Frodo's wide eyes should be gauged out yeah! Good riddance nihahahah

6. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Invoker... the worst thing you can do as producer is to let the hottest chick of the movie die... :)

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Hehe...they'd lose the male 50% of the viewer population. The inverse is true for the cutest guy actor and the female fans. ;)

8. Invoker Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] ok, ok she can die at the end :p
    j/k

9. the god Gems: 13/31

tolkein liked titanic, though it made him want to go to the toilet (see seperate post).

10. Taluntain

Media:
    [​IMG] the god, watch it... You're attracting attention you don't want to attract.

Anyway, drop the Titanic already. It was a joke, and not supposed to turn this into a Titanic topic. The next one who posts here mentioning the Titanic gets the IOTW plaque. Seriously.

11. the god Gems: 13/31

sorry... will try to be new rather than old testament from now on.

12. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] Meanwhile, back at LotR...
    I see the DVD will be the directors cut, 3.5 hrs and lots of missing footage.

13. Yolar Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I think they did a great job making the movie. At some points it´s even better than the book:

Imagine they had used all the songs from the LotR, hobbits singing everywhere...A new Sound of Music in the making!

14. Eze&Sharkie Guest

Well,peeps i want to announce that i dont hate Boromir,i LOVE him. It was a great movie, but i would have liked it more as a ten hour one...

Eze&Sharkie

P.S.Kill Arwen!

15. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The songs are well placed in the books, so it's not true that the foilm is better than the book because in the film are only one or two songs. It's right though, that the film is good without the songs.

16. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I still haven't seen it :mad:

17. Oblate Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

[​IMG] I'm too scared to see it. Don't want Hollywood mix up my fantasy.
    I saw the first LotR film. Which was horrible.

18. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

The director is not from Hollywood, so the most of the actors. So, Hollywood won't mix up with your fantasy... :) Go and see it!

19. the god Gems: 13/31

the film is excellent- really liked it. as long as you take it more as a representation rather than accurate adaptation it's hard to dislike.

if you're too much of a purist and want the story just as it is in the books, GO READ THE BOOKS! :almostmad:

yes, the animated film was awful, though remember that the director intended for a second part to be produced (the animation only went up to half way in to 'ttt'), but could not get funding for it.

20. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Every movie is less detailed then book... It's all depends on your expectations:

Expect a movie that is as detailled as the book and be disappointed.

Expect a good fantasy movie with good graphics and like the movie.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.