1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Riddle Game

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Lost Meme, Nov 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

2. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

A shiny thing?

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Close but no cigar

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Is this a real riddle? I don't even understand it.

5. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    A hole? That's what is usually in mine. :)

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The One ring?

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

You realize Daie told someone else to post a riddle, not guess what was in his/her pocket.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, Saber. But some of us can't resist the chance to be silly and he did respond. :outta:

9. Saber

Heh, I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a party-pooper, I just like seeing riddles :) . Although, I never figure them out. But still, I like seeing them. Anyways, sorry 'bout the lack of silliness on my part, I'm bored (is that justification?).

10. DarkStrider

@Saber NO

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Enough of this nonsense.

When is a door not a door?

12. Saber

When its ajar.

13. Harbourboy

Good work Saber. So you were lying when you said you could never work them out. It is now your turn.

14. Saber

Right, I thought this one was pretty clever (I hope it hasn't been used, and I've read all the pages, and I don't remember it being used):

There is a common English word that is nine letters long. Each time you remove a letter from it, it still remains an English word - from nine letters right down to a single letter. What is the original word, and what are the words that it becomes after removing one letter at a time?

15. DarkStrider

Do the letters stay in the same order ?

16. Saber

Well, yes. You take one base word and take out one letter, and the remaining word has to be real. Then you do the same to that word. No rearranging.

For example, I would take: Cart --> Cat --> At

17. Saber

Can nobody guess this? I don't want to give it away too much, but its been three days, so would you like me to give you the word, and then you guys can figure out the words that come out of it?

18. Nakia

Media:
    Maybe give us the first letter and see if anyone comes up with something.

19. Saber

Alright, the first letter of the nine letter word is

"S"

Not that that helps very much.

More clues if you ask for them.

20. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I have no idea nor do I have the patince to find that 9 letter word... but I have to say I'm interested enough to come back and know the answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.