1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Riddle Game 2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Feb 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

/me puts a generic bow on the generic cuddly toy and passes it to dmc

Was it already posted in these threads?

2. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I don't think so, but I think that might have been on a Mindtrap card, or something similar.

Anyway, if you were to put a marble into an empty bottle and then stuff a cork in the bottle's opening, how could you remove the marble without taking out the cork or breaking the bottle?

3. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I would take to it with an angle grinder and cut it up a bit as I do not think that is technically breaking it though I am probably wrong. But could there be another hole in the bottle perhaps?

4. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Remove the bottle, and the marble goes with it.

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Turn the bottle upside down and bounce the marble on the cork to force it out

6. Bahir the Red Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Teleport it out

or

use a deadly laser beam that will pass harmlessly though the glass, but will destroy the marble

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Wait for 1000 years for the cork to rot away then tip the marble out.

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Call a glassblower to deform the bottle into something new, without breaking it.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Push the cork into the bottle and then drop the marble out of the opening. The cork has not been taken out, it has been pushed in.

10. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Harbs takes the prize. (Unless, of course, Bahir can prove his teleportation ability.)

11. Harbourboy

Really? Which crazy half-assed answer was correct?

[The one about pushing the cork in - solves the problem according to the criteria without resorting to absurd silliness or Bahir's teleportation powers - dmc]

Anyway, I'm crap at riddles. Um, what has four legs, is green and brown, and is lethal when it falls out of a tree on to you when you're not looking?

[ September 18, 2006, 07:54: Message edited by: dmc ]

12. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Two soldiers in camoflage? ;)

13. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I would say drop bears but they are generally white. A drop bear in cammos mayhaps? ;)

14. Harbourboy

Not two soldiers in camouflage and not drop bears. This riddle is clearly better than I thought.

15. Saber

A squirrel-coconut hybrid with green duct tape wrapped around it?

16. LeFleur Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

A table, a chair?

17. Harbourboy

Ha ha, this is hilarious. I heard this riddle when I was a kid so I figured someone would know it for sure. Of all the guesses so far, LeFleur is the closest.

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

A snooker table. Or a pool table, I suppose, so long as the baize is green.

19. Harbourboy

The Magpie is correct. Your turn.

20. Saber

/me scratches head

Snooker?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.