1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 6

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

It must be really bad if even Aldazar can't get it......

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Showdown in little tokyo? Don't know if thats the title... He did a movie once with Brandon Lee.... Can't remember the name....

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No it is not Showdown in Little Tokyo (however, you are correct about that being the title of the film that Dolph did with Brandon Lee).

O.K. - I am getting a little tired of this quote being up so I will give the complete give away quote.

"Then you go in pieces"

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Still no idea here. You over-estimate our skills, JSBB.

5. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Doesnt give much away to me. :p

6. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

OK just from that last one, I would guess that the film's name is 'We come in Peace' - coz then it would form a horrible pun. If I am right, somebody else can have a go because that is pure guesswork... :1eye:

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Ooh, very very close guesswork there Vukodlak. Yes, it is a very bad pun but there was only one Alien bad guy.

If that isn't enough of a hint then please follow the final hint given below. If you can't "guess" it after that then it will be quite sad. :p

(1) Go to the favourite B movies thread,
    (2) look for my first post,
    (3) find entry with similar title to that guessed by Vukodlak, complete with listing that it stars Dolph Lundgren-
    (4) post film title here and then go ahead and post your own quote.

8. Harbourboy

I Come in Peace?

OK - I'll assume I'm right, given JSBB's instructions and to get this game moving. Here's one I guarantee that Aldazar can get, but I saw it again the other day and just have to post it:

"How's the serenity?"

[ January 18, 2005, 04:44: Message edited by: Harbourboy ]

9. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Last Samurai?

10. Harbourboy

No, not The Last Samurai. This is a film from the 1990s. The words are spoken by a man on holiday with his family. I'm betting that this is one of Aldazar's favourite movies, but I could be wrong.

11. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Man on holiday with family, National Lampoon's **** vacation.
    I think most were probably 80's films though.

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yeah the National Lampoon's vacation films were all from the 80s, as were the Great Outdoors and Summer Rental which would have been the other family vacation films that came to my mind.

Oh well, I will have to keep thinking about what else this one could be.

13. Harbourboy

Hmm, I guess this is too hard for you guys but would be too easy for Aldazar (who appears to be missing in action).

This film was an early outing for one of the stars of Troy.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@JSBB

wasn't Vegas Vacation (also with Chevy Chase) in the 90s? or was that not a National Lampoon flick?

15. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Is it an Australian film perchance?

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

@ Enagonios - You are absolutely right about National Lampoon's Vegas Vacation - it WAS released in the late 90s - I had completely forgotten about that lame duck piece of trash.

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Hey, it wasn't THAT bad :p

hehe I liked the fake i.d part. :D

and the daughter was pretty hot this time ;)

18. Harbourboy

Sorry guys for posting one that looks too hard. Yes, it's an Australian comedy cult classic. Shame Aldazar never turned up. Eric Bana is the actor from Troy who is in the film. It's all about a family who live right next to an airport and have to defend their house against being demolished.

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Ah, I think I remember this one - it had us stumped for quite some time back in one of the early quote games.

It is from The Castle is it not?

20. Harbourboy

Correct as usual, JSBB. That's going straight to the pool room. Your turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.