1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 6

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

JSBB has it :p

@Takara

my next hint was going to be "the baby is voiced by Roseanne" :p

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31

O.K. - here is the super extra easy beachball of the day.

"You're good, baby, I'll give you that. But me? I'm magic!"

I was a little annoyed at them modernizing this quote in the movie but I guess the original unmodified quote would have sounded a little too silly.

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Daredevil?

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yes it is from Daredevil. Go ahead Vukodlak.

5. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

@ JSBB: What is the original unmodified quote?

Ok, lts see:

- You're one of them, aren't you?
    - No. I'm something else.

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

That is from Blade.

The general wording was actually pretty close to what was used in the movie with one very noticable change (some people have claimed that the one word was the only change, it isn't - I actually brought my old comic collection out of storage to prove this at one point).

The main noticable change was that Bullseye called Elektra toots in the comic vs baby in the film. I conceed that toots sounds a bit too retro, and it probably didn't seem reasonable to cater to the relatively small percentage of the audience who actually read the original comics that were published 20 something odd years ago, but a part of me would have liked to see the quote unchanged.

Edit: The movie version wasn't even as close as I thought, the actual quote should be " (Put up a pretty good fight toots...) (...you're pretty good...) (but me...) (I'm magic.)"

[ January 14, 2005, 02:16: Message edited by: JSBB ]

7. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Quite right - blade it was. Onwards..

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

"Exploit experts, their expertise is essential. That's a quote, page 35 from the Switzer manual."

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Duck Soup?

10. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No, it is not from Duck Soup.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No idea then. I don't think I've got one of these movie quotes right for ages......

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Trust me, this film is just about as far away from Duck Soup as conceivably possible.

Personally, I suspect that either Aldazar will know it or that it will take a little educated guessing for someone to get it.

Ah well, I am feeling generous tonight. Here is another quote from the film - basically the punchline for the Switzer manual references.

"Never trust nobody, Caine Manual, Page 1, Chapter 1."

Edit: Lets see if any of these three quotes helps.

"Flat head is basically correct, it's like tuning your radio to K. I. L. L."

"So that's why we came here huh? Pump Boner. Interesting technique. It's very illegal and you got so much out of him!"

"Extra caffeine! Lousy American coffee couldn't keep a hamster up at night!" :coffee:

[ January 15, 2005, 03:30: Message edited by: JSBB ]

13. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

They don't. Any chance of a hint (as opposed to more quotes that is)?

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Lets see, to start with I would think the quotes give a pretty good indication of what class of film it is. If not let's inspect the highlights from the career of the film's lead actor.

This film's lead actor is best known for playing (1) a psychotic Russian boxer (2) a psychotic re-animated corpse-cyborg (3) a psychotic cyborg assassin-religious nut (4) a gun wielding psychotic vigilante and just to buck the trend here (5) a sword and laser pistol wielding hero who typically runs around wearing fur briefs and sometimes a set of pauldrons.

I have one more quote that is probably the best known one from the film but it is such a dead give away that I will hold it back for now.

15. Harbourboy

Hmm, these clues still don't help me much. Unless you're talking about Dolph Lundgren. In which case, I have no chance because his movies are far too F-Grade for to have ever seen them.

16. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

You just about mentioned every Doplh film that I know -
    1 - Rocky IV
    2 - Universal soldier(?)
    3 - Johnny Mnemonic
    4 - Punisher
    5 - HE-MAN

The only other two that I can remember are the one where he's afraid of white (blackjack was it?) and the one where he plays a hired assassin with a heart of gold (no idea of the name). It's neither of them two is it?

Any Dolph fans out there?

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yes it is Dolph, but no the film is not one of the ones that you are talking about.

18. Harbourboy

Therefore it is probably one of the F-Grade ones I mentioned previously - hence why JSBB thinks Aldazar (aka the Straight to Video King) might know it.

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hey, I actually saw it in the movie theatre and I taped it at some point when it was shown on t.v. (probably between midnight and four a.m. but that is when all of the most enjoyable b-films get aired ;) ).

It is definitely a 100% grade B smelly cheese of a film but I really, really like it.

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Hey! Don't knock The Dolph! No luck here yet though, give me time to check my collection...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.