1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 5

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by JSBB, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    A little hard to invoke the impatient jackass rule due to the multitude of guesses, isn't it? :)

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Aye, but they are all wrong. I cant guess again as I looked it up.

3. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not really; as per the rules, all we need is 24 hours from an undisputed guess (currently Ara) to be able to move on (it would be her turn).

4. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Sirens?

5. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Nope, think a slightly more well-known (Oscar-winning) Australian actor. The other Aussie actor you might know of may not be as well-known overseas but IMO is a far better actor.

edit - and apologies for my tardiness, once again I got called in to work. Such a drag, that :D

6. Apeman Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

The Quick and the dead?

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Nope, I guess you've got the right one for one of the actors in it, but who was the other Aussie in The Quick And The Dead?

8. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Taking a wild stab ...

Maybe it was that movie where Mr. Crowe plays a skinhead leader? I'm trying to remember ... was it called 'Hooligans'?

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

That was Romper Stomper. And no, that's not it either. Since it's taking a LOT longer than I anticipated, another clue: the other Aussie actor of note was Jack Thompson (also in "Midnight In The Garden Of Good And Evil and Star Wars Episode II among others) and Russ played a homosexual man.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No idea. This is too hard, just like my TV one.

11. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Well, I don't know what else to give as hints, and I may not be able to get back here for a few days as the library is closed for a few days so to sum up:
    It's an Aussie movie made in 1994, Russell Crowe plays a homosexual man, Jack Thompson plays Russell's father who has a stroke and spends part of the rest of the movie talking to the camera. It has a name similar to that of a Tom Clancy-penned book which was made into a movie starring Ben Affleck and Morgan Freeman. If that doesn't help any further, then someone who Googled it can post the right answer.

12. Beren

Media:
    "The Sum of Us"

Sorry, I IMDBed this one. Kudos to Aldazar, this was quite a poser.

13. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

okay, since Beren didn't take the liberty, I'll invoke the IJ this xmas ;)

"You're a hallucination brought on by too much alcohol. Russian vodka poisoned by Chernobyl."
    :D

it's from a movie very appropriate for this holiday :)

14. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Bad Santa?

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

nope, its an older film

16. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Scrooged?

17. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

bingo! vukodlak has it. it's the scene when Bill Murray encounters his version of Jacob Marley(sp?). really funny movie :D

18. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

- Dear Lord, please don't let me fu*k up.
    - I didn't quite copy that. Say again, please.
    - I said everything's A-OK.

:)

19. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Armageddon?

20. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31

Veteran

Not a bad guess, but from a much better film...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.