1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 5

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by JSBB, Sep 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    nope. Far more obvious comedy than that

I'll give a much bigger hint. It was based around a private police force

2. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The only film I can think of off-hand involving a private police force was Kuffs, so that's my guess.

3. Takara

Media:
    indeed it is. :grin:

I found that movie hilarious. Your turn

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

is that the one with christian slater in it? that's pretty old haha

5. Takara

Media:
    Not that old. early 90s. But yes, it is the one witrh Christian Slater and Bruce Boxleitner.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ok, im posting so that this gets bumped up to the top of the heap again. if aldazar hasn't come in by tonight or tom morn and i hear a good one on tv, ill turn into the IJ :p

7. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I loved that movie. Kuffs was one of the first movies I ever saw that had the main character talking to the audience and the quote I'm posting next is from another movie that has a main character talking to the audience:

"I'm tired of living in sin with my own right hand."

8. Takara

Media:
    Ferris Bueller?

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Nope, not Ferris.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Bruce Almighty?

11. Takara

Media:
    sounds really familiar, but without another hint, I wont be able to get it.

12. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

American Pie? Just a wild stab in the dark.....

13. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

None of the above, it's an Australian film with two very well known actors who have worked a lot in Hollywood films.

edit - back in 2 days most likely, hopefully the above is enough of a hint to jog someone's memory, or else you guys can wait a little over 48 hours.

[ December 17, 2004, 23:36: Message edited by: Aldazar ]

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Castle?

15. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hrm, i really have no idea, but it sounds like such a Jason Lee line, so I'm gonna go with.. Chasing Amy?

16. Takara

Media:
    Was this the one with Heath Ledger and Bryan Brown? The quote sounds familiar so I'll go with two hands.

17. Beren

Beren Lovesick and Lonely Wanderer Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Going with the Australian actor clue (Guy Pearce), I'll guess, "The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert". The theme of that movie, which I saw a looong time ago, fits with that quote.

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I'll take a stab at it being The Dish then, which is the only Australian movie of note I can think of at the moment...

However, I'll guess that Takara is most probably right...

Edit: Just googled it and it's some movie which I've never heard of :)

19. Takara

Media:
    Heh, I did out of curiosity myself. No idea why the quote sounds familiar. Never heard of that movie either.

20. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Um, abiother rather blingd guess (And with the movie I am suggesting... ahh, irony!)

The Proof?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.