1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bion, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

No, it is neither from My Cousin Vinny nor Ghostbusters 2.

2. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I asked my Dad and he said its from a movie calle "The Eliminators" or something. I don't know. It sounds like a bad comic book name to me.

3. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yes, Jaguar's Dad is indeed correct, the quote if from Eliminators. I found this review after I posted the quote, it gives you a pretty good idea of the total cheesefest that the film is. They even include sound clips including one of the quote that I posted. :lol:

Oh and as for it sounding like a bad comic book, here is another quote from the film

"What is this anyway, some kind of God damn comic book? We got robots, we got cavemen, we got kung fu!" ;)

4. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Well, credit where credit is due. My dad wanted me to post one of mine:

Nun: You don't believe in God because of Alice in Wonderland?
    Loki: No, "Through the Looking Glass." That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or...or with his tusk, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do...what do they do? They...they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensure the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions...by inhibiting our decisions, out of...out of fear of some...some intangible parent figure who...who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says...and says, "Do it-do it and I'll ****in' spank you!"

5. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I recognise that one immediately. Dogma. One of the best lines of any movie I've ever seen.

edit - Here's mine.

"Oh come on. There's only one reason a good little bible-school girl pays a visit to a Planned Parenthood clinic.

Holy sh*t, she's planting a pipe bomb?!

Ok...2 reasons."

6. Bombur

Bombur I'm always last and I don't like it

[​IMG] @DR: I have no idea, but that's a great line! :p

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

I think I saw that quote in a recent film review. I think the review was written by Ebert and that he liked the film. Saved seems to be the only candidate that comes to my mind, am I right?

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It shouldn't really count because you haven't actually seen it (no fair! :mad: ) but yes, it's from Saved - one of the most enjoyable movies I've seen in recent years.

Go.

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hey, at least it isn't as bad as the time someone guessed the quote because it was in the tv commercial. :p

"This is more important than selling ice cream, there's clowns going around killing people, we're all in danger!"

Well, this is a little obvious but it is the best I can come up with right now.

10. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Killer Clowns from Outer Space, right?

Also - that "someone" you're referring to wasn't me, was it? Can't remember.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yes, it is from Killer Klowns from Outer Space and no I don't think you were one of the parties in the "I saw it on a commercial" occurance.

Edit: It was Hephaestus on a quote from LKD way back in the original quote game.

12. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Kind of an easy one.

"Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Sneeze, and it's goodbye Seattle."

13. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Roxanne? I'm guessing it's a big nose joke. The only other is cyrano de bergerac, but since it mentions America, I'm guessing Roxanne.

14. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I knew that one would be too easy. Oh well - I'm lazy.

15. Takara

Media:
    In the meantime, I got this plan. It's called "Save Ass". And the way it works is this - I slip outta one of these windows and I run like a b****rd!

16. Zurga Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Eddie Murphy in I Spy perhaps?

17. Takara

Media:
    No. It's not I spy. This movie is a little bit older than that. 70s

Since it's been a while, I'll add a clue, and another quote.

Look at that, two cops wishing me luck. I'm doomed

It's probably the greatest B-Movie ever made. IMO

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Assault on Precinct 13. God, I'm not old enough to know that. I'm just cheap and those kind of movies are like 99 cents a week.

19. Takara

Media:
    Whee! it is Assault on precinct 13. Did you know they are remaking it? urgh. It has Ethan Hawke, but I'm still worried.

20. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.