1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 4

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Bion, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Ok, I'll try for a less vague hint.

'Important' in the sense that it is today considered a classic. It was nominated for 9 oscars (but won only one due, in part, to very good competition) and consistently makes various critics 'top 10/20/whatever lists (and is one of the top 50 best rated films on imdb). It is also the last film its director made on U.S. territory.

The two quotes I have posted are spoken by two oscar-winning directors who have roles in the film.

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Based on the hint I would have to say that the film is Chinatown.

3. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Finally! Yup, it's Chinatown. The two qoutes were spoken by John Huston and Roman Polanski. After finishing Chinatown, Polanski fled the US to avoid a prison sentence for statuatory rape. The film's only academy award is for best screenplay - godfather 2 won most of the awards that year.

Edit: 666 posts eh? Hmmmm.... :evil:

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well I promised a quote from a really bad B movie so I guess I had better deliver. Just to be nice I will stick to one that people may actually have heard of, this time at least. ;)

"Well boys, what have we got here?

Looks like we got a nice crispy taco supreme over here chief!

Looks like I got a strawberry thick shake over here! What do you got?

I got a pizza with the works to go Jimmy!"

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Police Academy 2

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No it is not from a Police Academy film.

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Naked Gun 33 1/3

8. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No it is not from a Naked Gun film either. You are thinking far too respectible. The film in question is complete utter trash.

9. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Loaded weapon 1?

10. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Super Troopers?

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

No it is not from either Loaded Weapon 1 or Super Troopers.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hehe i think its time for a hint jsbb

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Lets see, as everyone appears to have guessed the characters speaking are in fact cops who are describing the corpses of three criminals who were killed in the kitchen of a restaurant that they were trying to rob. The cops are not the main characters of the film - the main character is the one who killed the criminals.

Oh and yes the dead criminals have been respectively shoved into the deep frier, drilled with the milkshake blender and baked in the pizza oven. Yes, it is that bad of a film.

14. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

The Toxic Avenger?

15. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well it looks like Colthrun wins the "I have really bad taste in movies too" sweepstakes. ;)

The Toxic Avenger is the gory cheesefest in question.

My next hint was going to be the Mayor's quote about the public not standing for a monster dry cleaning little old ladies. :)

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

the toxic avenger..? is that like out of a comic book or something? it sounds familiar.. or was that "toxic crusaders"? hmm..

17. Colthrun

To be honest, that was the only part of the film that I have seen... and no matter the amount of therapy I undergo, I still remember it :)

I think we need a softball after JSSB's piece of art.

"Listen pal, your client's a scumbag, you're a scumbag, and scumbags see the judge on Monday morning".

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Robocop. I'm fairly sure...? (was thinking Judge Dredd but then they wouldn't NEED to see the judge on monday if it was..)

19. Colthrun

Enagonios is right.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

cool. awright here's mine.

"As I see it, sex is my only reason for living."

"Be careful that you don't cut your hand then."

hehe cracks me up. while this movie wasn't too popular (i think). it's not very obscure either. a lot of actors that are famous now are in it. They looked considerably younger though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.