1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 2

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Death Rabbit, Jun 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kam Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

2. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Key Largo
    I had to ask my parents if they knew that. They asked their parents. Shows how much we know, doesn't it.

We grow copious amounts of ganja here, and you're carrying a wasted girl and a bag of fertilizer. You don't look like your average horti-<CENSORED>-culturalist.

3. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels!! Top movie, watched it yesterday for about the dozenth time this year.

And just because I know I'm right, I'll jump right in with mine:

"I'll be back" ;) but seriously, here's the REAL one, I couldn't help but have to put that one in.

"You want the truth?"

"Yeah I want the truth"

"You can't HANDLE the TRUTH!"

4. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

That would be from A Few Good Men.

My quote is "You never plan ahead! You never take the long view! I mean here it is Monday and I'm already thinking of Wednesday! It is Monday right?"

5. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I think that's from Tremors.

As I'm quite sure that ít's correct here comes my quote:

"Sometimes you have to lose yourself before you can find anything"

6. notforyou Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I don't know if the previous one is from Tremors, but since no one commented - Baldrak's is from Deliverance, I think it even says that on the movie poster and DVD cover.

Can't think of something good, so someone take it

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

My quote was indeed from Tremors. I didn't know Baldrak's quote so I googled it and it was from Deliverance. Since the floor is open I will toss out this quote

"What kind of threat are we dealing with here, biological, chemical or other?

Right now I'm leaning towards other."

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Phantoms. That Ben Affleck sure is a treasure, ain't he?

"Boy, you're gonna be busier than a three-peckered goat."

[ December 11, 2003, 20:23: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31

It is from Phantoms. I found it quite a disappointing film actually. I spent most of the film hoping I would get to see Affleck get torn into little bits by the Phantom critter.

10. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Sorry I'm a little late but JSBB got my quote wrong.
    It's most definitely NOT A Few Good Men. Not in the words I posted anyway, and my quote IS wiord for word straight from the film in question.

So does that mean my quote is still active?
    If so, apologies again for being late. I figured this one may be assumed to be from A Few Good Men, that's why I picked it, but I can guarantee you it's not.

11. JSBB Gems: 31/31

If my guess at the quote was wrong then I say that the quote should stand.

I actually knew that it wasn't the exact quote from A Few Good Men but in my experience roughly half of the quotes posted here are not exactly correct as people tend not to turn the film on to check a quote that has to be come up with on the spur of the moment. That is why I keep a word document with quotes that I have checked and plan to use.

I am aware of two other sources with almost the same quote but they are both actually further from your quote's wording then A Few Good Men. Breakfast Club is the first and an X-Files episode is the second. I imagine that there are a great number of parodies out there that have used varients on the Few Good Men quote but none of them leap to my mind.

12. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Well, you're right JSBB, it's not from either of those.

Maybe a hint might help so each of those lines was spoken by a different one of 3 characters, the next line (reply by the second character) is:

"Shut the f*** up"

13. JSBB Gems: 31/31

If that is the next line my best guess would have to be one of the three Scary Movie films.

14. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

@Aldazar..."Hot Shots, part Deux"?

15. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Yeah, I think its Hot Shots 2. Or some other spoof movie. You really should make sure that not more than one movie has the same quote before you post it. A Few Good Men is a really famous film, as is that line. Maybe a new rule should be introduced for The Quote Game 3...

16. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Actually, I'm pretty sure it's from "The Big Hit," a movie that came out a few years after that line was made so famous. The actors speaking being Marky Mark, Lou Diamond Phillips, and Bokeme Woodbine, respectively. Am I right?

And actually, Aldazar is still within the rules. The actual quote from 'A Few Good Men" breaks down like this:

You want answers?
    I think I'm entitled.
    You want answers?
    I want the truth!
    You can't handle the truth!

So, slightly different. It was a quote of a quote, and we all know a copy of a copy isn't quite as clear as the original. :D

edit - If I'm right, then my post from above still stands.

[ December 12, 2003, 17:37: Message edited by: Death Rabbit ]

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Spot on Death Rabbit.

@Baezlebub - I did make sure the wording was different between the two films. The fact that they are both quite similar is the reason I picked that one. Though I re-iterate, I made certain that the dialogue was different between the two. That's also the reason I put the quote that Ahnuld made famous first as a joke.

Absolutely LOVE The Big Hit. But then I am a fan of a bit of mindless action. Anyway, you're up Death Rabbit.

18. Death Rabbit

Media:
    "Boy, you're gonna be busier than a three-peckered goat."

19. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31

Wanna give us some clarification DR? Thats not what many people would call the easiest of quotes...

20. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

I can remember Tommy Lee Jones saying it, but the film name escapes me. Hints?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.