1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 14

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shoshino

Shoshino Irritant Veteran

Media:
    one of my faves, but I'll give someone else a chance first.

2. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Another quote:

Leave comedy to the bears, Ebenezer.

3. Shoshino

Media:
    ~waits patiently~

4. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    That was of course the famous dying line of Scrooge's sister Fan on her death bed after she made him promise to take care of his nephew Fred in the classic 1951 remake of "A Christmas Carol" titled "Scrooge," featuring Alistair Sim in the title role.

"Ebenezer ... promise me, Ebenezer. Promise me you'll take care of him. And leave comedy to the bears, Ebenezer. Leave comedy to the bears."

5. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Close, but not quite.

Frog: If you please Mr. Scrooge, it's gotten colder, and the bookkeeping staff would like an extra shovel full of coal for the fire?
    Rat #1: We can't do the bookkeeping, all our pens have turned to inkcicles!
    Rat #2: Our assets are frozen!
    Mr. Scrooge: How would the bookkeeping staff like to be suddenly... UNEMPLOYED?
    All Rats: HEAT WAVE!

6. Shoshino

Media:
    LOL, you may as well have named the 'actors'

7. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Did they do a Muppet Christmas Carol? If so, that's my guess.

8. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn dmc.

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Seriously??! I have no recollection of a Muppet Christmas Carol. I must google it . . .

Softball time:

It will be nice working with proper villains again

10. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Did you write it two times to make sure we understood the quote? :p

11. dmc

Media:
    Nope - something weird with the boards when I posted I guess. I'll delete one of them.

12. Shoshino

Media:
    The "Softball time" part is throwing me, I'm sure that quote is said in oceans 11 (the crap one, not the original)... right before a car explodes?

13. dmc

Media:
    It is Ocean's 11. The softball comment was because I thought this quote was a piece of cake. I was going to use the "Ted Nugent called and wants his shirt back" line, but went with this one instead.

14. Shoshino

Media:
    I was trying to think of a movie based around baseball or softball

Im going back to christmas movies:

"And when santa squeezes his fat white ass down that chimney t'night, he's going to find the jolliest bunch of a$$holes this side of the nuthouse."

Edit...

so we can say ass, but not a$$holes?

15. Shoshino

Media:
    another one:

char1: Where do you think you're gonna put a tree that big?
    Char2: Bend over and I'll show you.
    Char1: You've got a lot of nerve talking to me like that

16. T2Bruno

Media:
    Bad Santa?

17. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation?

18. Shoshino

Media:
    Blades is up

19. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Paul, remember what I said. If you can't be polite to our guests, you have to sit at the kiddies' table."

20. Blades of Vanatar

Nothing yet?

Ok, from the same film...

"On a similar note I must confess to you, I'm giving very serious thought... to eating your wife."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.