1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 14

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Dead certain -- get it, dead? Heh.

Van Helsing is correct.

2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Girl: Why are men bald?
    Man: Sometimes they're bald because their head is shiny and they don't have hair on it. So their head is just more of their face.

3. nior Gems: 24/31

More quotes from the same film, this might give it away.

Boy: Why does your father act like a retard?
    Girl: He is.
    Boy: Are you a retard too?
    Girl: No!
    Boy: How do you know?
    Girl: Because he told me.
    Boy: But he's a retard!
    Girl: It takes one to know one.

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I am Sam?

5. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    No you're T2Bruno... okay, that was lame even for me... :lol:

6. nior Gems: 24/31

Yes T2, you are Sam... er, I mean I Am Sam. :grin:

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was twelve going on thirteen the first time I saw a dead human being.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Stand by Me.

9. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn Saber.

10. Saber

The perfect blossom is a rare thing. You could spend your life looking for one, and it would not be a wasted life.

11. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Last Samurai?

Saber likes this.
  12. Saber

Yessir! I love that movie... if I had the time, I would watch it right now! Your turn.

13. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

"Think of yourself a scabbard, Mistress McGregor, and I the sword. And a fine fit you were, too."

14. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

15. Blades of Vanatar

Correct Ironlord. Roth's portrayal of the selfish, spoilt, uncaring gentleman of the period was outstanding.

16. Ironhawk Skylord

I agree. But when is Tim Roth not outstanding?

Anyway, here's the quote:

Dallas: I've gotta tell you, Casey. I'm not impressed. After everything I heard about you, I thought you were gonna be more like... me. But you are a sheep like all the rest.

Casey: There will come a time, when even you can't handle it any more. You'll pack it up... or you'll put a bullet in that pretty little head of yours, or someone else will.

17. Ironhawk Skylord

No one?

One day I hope I learn the balance. Right now, I either make it too easy or too hard. :D

Okay, another quote, same movie:

Kasarov: Well, I tell you something, Casey. If I was you, I'd clean up this mess, because your wife's gonna come home and she's not gonna be very happy.

Casey: Any suggestions?

Kasarov: Well, I'll tell you, if, uh, I'm not mistaken... I think today is garbage day.

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

had to google it. seems like an interesting one but i'd never heard of it.

19. Ironhawk Skylord

Hum, probably not interesting enough, although I like it.

Okay, I'll try with several other quotes from the same movie and if nobody gets it, I move on to another?

Casey: There's a .45 in the fridge, and you grab a f*cking frying pan!

Dallas: Now... Answer my questions, before you start losing appendages.

Dallas: Your cow is calling you.

Nick: Two fridges. Welcome to suburbia.

Cop: Picard or Kirk?
    Nick: No question... Kirk.
    Cop: Hell yeah. You gotta respect a man who can f*ck a green b*tch and destroy an entire civilization in sixty minutes.

20. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    None of that rings a single bell. I can confidently say I have never seen whatever movie this is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.