1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 13

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Not a Sam Jackson movie. If it were, I'd be duty-bound to spell it "muthaf*cka." :)

T2 - of course, I should have known that.

2. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Looks like I need to drop a big hint - I'll be incommunicado for the rest of the week, so we'll have to put this baby to bed sometime today.

I'll hint in the form of a second quote, same scene.

A: What happened?
    B: Eh, I ran into a door, don't worry about it.
    A: What happened?
    B: Hey, she crossed her legs too fast, alright? Just mind your own business.

Ack! Nothin! Ok, here's one last softball, but after this I won't be back so someone else who's seen it will have to confirm.

Fans of this film argue whether the film itself was the reason for the great surge in popularity of the activity portrayed in this film, or if it's actually the other way around, meaning that the film's cult status is the result of the recent surge in popularity of said activity.

For good measure, one more quote:

"Vant a cookie?"

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

still nothin :/

4. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Ahhh, the cookie quote did it for me.

John Malkovich was great in 'Rounders.'

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ack! :doh: I woulda got it if the hint was oreo specific ;)

6. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Four days and no new one? Well here's a total softball to get it going again:

"Give me four fried chickens and a Coke"

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I was actually waiting for some sort of confirmation....

That is, of course, Jake. The Blues Brothers.

Another softball:

You really don't think you'll win, do you?

8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hmm, going from the position of the word "don't" in the quote, this sounds more like the start of a pep talk than a villain's rhetorical question so..

Little Giants?

9. Death Rabbit

Media:
    I'm pretty sure that's from Batman Returns, spake thus by the Penguin.

Assuming I'm right, here's the next one, from the Independent Republic of Softballistan:

If we think of J. Edgar Hoover, J. Edgar Hoover will come to destroy us.

(For the record - mine was from Rounders, T2 had it. Sorry for not confirming, but as I said, I was incommunicado).

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    That sounds like it could be from Ghostbusters (and the Stay Puft marshmallow man showed up instead. :D )

11. T2Bruno

Media:
    Ghostbusters

Edit: A minute too slow... I guess the next round will go to Mr Stay-puft.

12. Death Rabbit

Media:
    Koo-wrecked.

13. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    "Seriously, when was the last time you ever turned on the radio to listen to popular music? 70's, 80's? Michael Jackson was still black? Pearl Jam, maybe?"

Sounds like someone was talking about me. :D

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Die Hard 4

15. Splunge

Media:
    Well, it was called Live Free or Die Hard, but I'll give it to you.

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

blah, its still the 4th Die Hard :p

"Don't think."

"Right. The great ones never do."

Okay, the quote is kinda vague so I'm gonna drop some hintage right here. These lines are uttered right after the pair are about to kiss and are interrupted (The first is uttered right after the interruption, and the second part is uttered as the other person leaves). and the lines refer to a conversation the pair had earlier in the night about football players.

17. T2Bruno

Media:
    The Replacements?

18. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ah I was afraid the hint would be kinda misleading :doh:

the football angle isn't really important in the movie except that the man in the pair used to play/is famous for it. I just dropped the hint about the football question because taken out of context the lines don't really make sense. The movie isn't a comedy. Imo it was one of the best romance movies of the 90s. And the scene occurs on a boat/ship.

19. T2Bruno

Media:
    Still drawing a blank....

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hmm ok, ill post a more memorable quote from the same movie. I was afraid to do so at first because I thought it would be too obvious but the one I chose was too vague I guess.

"When are you happy?"

"I guess I'm happy when I don't want to be anywhere else but where I am."

same 2 characters as the previous quote. this time it occurs on an airplane and comes out just a bit later in the movie than the previous one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.