1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 13

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Enagonios, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chas Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

No. But the quote is from a movie with a similarity to 300.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Meet the Spartans?

3. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Troy

4. Chas Gems: 14/31

No to both. Soldiers are not the similarity from 300 to the movie. The lines are not said by real soldier

Here is another line and the correct wording of the quote:

Char1: They come, your highness, in numbers and weapons far greater than our own.
    Char2: Numbers do not win a battle.
    Char3: No... but I bet they help.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  5. Chas Gems: 14/31

I cant believe no one has this one yet. There are two threads in Sensorium just for this movie.
    The last line is said by a boy.

6. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe?

Either that or Blazing Saddles... oops only one thread on that.

7. Chas Gems: 14/31

Yes Chronicles of Narnia.
    The lines were said as the witch's army approached.
    The similarity to 300 is that they both have mostly computer generated characters.

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Today, I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

Hint: This is considered by many to be one of the most memorable speeches in modern history -- repeated with the same amazing emotional impact in the movie about the man.

Hint, hint: B&W, baseball....

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  9. Chas Gems: 14/31

Surprised no guesses yet. Maybe because this is too old of a movie for most of the members here?
    Anyway, it is the Lou Ghareg (Spelling?) story. I think the title was "Pride Of The Yankees"

10. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn again Chas.

11. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I wish I would've checked it last night, that would've been the first one I got... And I've never even seen the movie :/

12. Chas Gems: 14/31

Char1: Behind this door, a dark entity. Evil, ancient and hungry.
    Char2: [sighs] Oh, well. Let me go in and say hi.

13. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Literally just saw the scene 15 minutes ago on FX. Hellboy.

Again we see there is nothing you can possess which I cannot take away.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  14. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Oh dmc - come on...Indy 1: Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. I've watched that countless times. :D

15. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    OK, take it away.

16. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    This should be easy:
    "I told you I'll make my career with you, Cleric."

17. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Yup. ;) Equilibrium.

18. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    Easy easy. Go.

19. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    "It's like our sergent told us before one trip into the jungle. MEN! 50 of you are leaving on a mission. 25 of you AINT coming back!"

20. T2Bruno

Media:
    Ants?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.