1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 12

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. JSBB Gems: 31/31

You got it Enagonios.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

without a doubt one of the weirder movies I've seen haha.

"You shouldn't wound what you can't kill."

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Dang! That's so familiar! I've just seen that movie!

So I'm going to guess it's one of these: Spiderman 3, To Live and Die in L.A., or Déjà Vu.

Can't think of anything else I've seen recently in which there'd be talk about killing.

5. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

it's Spiderman 3. Said by venom.

6. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Well it's been 5 days now so I am allowed to IJ this.

"Well, it takes a Dick to know a cock, and that's what I wrote."

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

:doh: sorry guys, forgor to leave the answer with someone before I left for vagation. in any case it was indeed venom's line from spiderman3. easily the coolest line in that overly cheesy movie imo.

8. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    So who gets to continue now?

9. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

If I had a choice it'd be you.

10. Takara

Media:
    Well i'm sorry but my IJ still stands, you can check the rules if you think it isn't allowed because I followed the rules exactly allowing it.

11. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

Well since you want to be like that(it's not his fault that Enagonios went on vacation) the answer is Howard Stern's Private Parts, funny scene too "Our first clue is blank willow"... "Well Gene I didn't write it too neat so I have a sloppy *****." Go ahead Iku-Turso after all, I just like answering them.

12. Takara

Media:
    Yeah, either he can go or you can, private parts is correct.

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Oh, well if you insist Shadow Assassin...

I think I'll go with an easy one (might have been here before as well):

"Is this to be an empathy test? Capillary dilation of the so-called blush response? Fluctuation of the...pupil? Involuntary dilation of the iris."

14. Shadow Assassin Gems: 13/31

you're right, quite easy, Blade Runner. again somebody else can go.

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Yup, that it is. Next!

16. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

UA: I have to deal with insurance agents. Grubby little men in raincoats with dandruff.
    PC: Well I don't have dandruff. Sir.
    UA: Yes, I don't think there's any need to demonstrate your contempt for authority quite so early.

This is likely to be a tricky one. 1971 film set in Scotland and starring probably the most famous Welsh actor to date.

17. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Wait, Ioan Gruffudd wasn't born until '73... :p

But a Movie? I coulda sworn I'd read that "grubby little men in raincoats with dandruff" line in a novel...er, quite some years ago...

*wracks dusty brain to remember more details*

Suspense...maybe a adaptation of a Robert Ludlum book? Or, Len Deighton? Ugh, maybe it'll help someone... :grr:

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

The Spy Who Came In From The Cold? Richard Burton, if I get extra points, is the actor.

19. Takara

Media:
    Nope I think it is Local Hero. The most famous actor for me would be Dennis Lawson.

20. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Spy Who Came in From the Cold was mid-sixties. I don't think Carc is talking about RB (although I agree with kuemper -- Richard Burton is the best and most famous Welsh actor to all classic movie buffs). The most famous Welsh actor for the younger generation is Anthony Hopkins.

No clue on the movie though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.