1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Quote Game 11

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

By process of elimination, the language suggests Guy Ritchie so I'll go for the one I haven't seen Layer Cake?

2. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It is indeed directed by Guy Ritchie, but Layer Cake is not correct. You're getting closer. :)

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Snatch?

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Very close, but not correct.

5. DarkStrider

Revolver then?

6. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Sorry. Not good either.

This movie has been a breakthrough for Guy Ritchie, Jason Statham and Vinnie Jones.

7. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels

8. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    *Ping*
    Point for nior. :thumb:

9. nior Gems: 24/31

Alright, here goes...

"I don't see how you cherish the memories of the dead by killing another million."

10. DarkStrider

The Rock?

11. nior Gems: 24/31

Right DS.

12. DarkStrider

Woohoo

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled about their shores... burning with the fires of Orc.

EDIT: Bonus shiny windmill on a stick for anyone telling me the poet and poem this alludes to?

13. DarkStrider

Ok the film came out in 1982, and is one of the finest of its genre. The Director made another film of this genre which is also a classic.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

hmm, got no clue. sorry about the delay guys, you know I'd NEVER forget about the quote game :rolleyes: but we were hit last thursday by the strongest typhoon/storm that I've ever seen (my mom said the last time it was this bad was in the 70s) and it took out power grids all over the nation. villages over here looked like jumanji with trees and branches blocking roads all over. anyways, I just got electricity back last night and in case anyone was wondering, the quote I posted was from "Problem Child".

15. DarkStrider

Hi Enag :wave: nice to know you're safe and sound

The Diredtor is British

16. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

hmm, the prophecy?

17. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Oh man this is Blade Runner isn't it?

18. DarkStrider

Yes Enag it's William Blake's America, A Prohecy. Have a shiny Windmill on a stick :D

And yes Vukodlk it's Blade Runner my third favourite quote from the film, the others being "Is this test to see if I'm a Replicant or a lesbian, Mr Deckard" and of course Roy Batty's dying speech "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ... " which apparently was completely improvised by Rutger when the scene was shot.

19. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

'Say what you want about Jesus, but leave The Rings alone'

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Gamers?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.