1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The NPC you hate the most

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ezellohar Shark, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

[​IMG] Personally, I hate Edwin. I know he is the best mage of the game (overpowered a bit no?)but he is also an annoying, smug bastard. In fact, my first time through the game I could not resist killing him (I haven't played as evil yet, though - I might let him live). The second time I didn't kill him, I left him petrified in the guild. I really hate him!

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Put Edwin, Minsc, Jaheria, Nalia, and Viconia together in the same party. It's like watching one of those TV's that can show 4 different channels at the same time: 3 stooges, Full Metal Jacket, Mash, and Good Will Hunting.

Comedy *Central*.

3. Mriswith Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I must be one of the few folks that actualy uses Anomen. Maybe I just got attached to him after running through his quest. In any case, him, and Mazzy both have a -10 AC at the moment. Of course, that is due to the Drow Plate +5 that Anomen has, and Mazzy has the Dragon scale armor on. I also have Keldorn, and use Valygar as my scout. Jan is my lock smith/trap removal person as well as spell backup to my Gnome Illusionist PC.

As for characters I do not like, that blasted Bard Haer'Dalis. I tried to use him for a while, but if I have the AI on, he won't keep playing his tune, and if I try to put him in the fight somewhere, he either has to use his sword play abilities and can't move, or gets his butt handed to him. I dropped him to pick up Keldorn when I went through the area right behind where you find Keldorn. As for other characters I am not fond of, I have to agree on Aerie. I cleared her keep for her, but did not do it with her in the party because I had Cernd with me after finishing off his quests (before he hit 14th). Cernd was fun when i had him. I liked having the healing spells, and his elementals NEVER go beserk. That, and his insect swarm spell is EXCELENT against enemy mages, and even can do a number against other character types as well. Plus, its fun to have someone that can whip put some werewolf powered tail whuppin now and then. :)

4. Viking Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

I can't believe I kept Nalia instead of taking Imoen... (Stupid really given the whole plot!) Still, she would have lost me at least 2 mage levels at the time, and that was enough to drop her there and then. I do have a save to go back to, so I will swap them over for another run later....

NALIA does get my vote as the most annoying, least likely to ever pick up again etc NPC that I've played with so far.

Next time I think I might just take her with me to feed to a suitable dragon! (After liberating the flail of ages of course).

Anomen however has never been out of my party, and he will run again as they say. Good cleric, good tank, makes me laugh. His OTT self-righteousness is great. Nalia's perpetual questioning about "How is this helping those less fortunate?" really does P* me off. Who does she think leads the party, eh? Every time she dies I'm oh so tempted to make it just that little more permanent.

Aerie is another that is unlikely to get a runout at the next game. Well, at least we soon disabused her of the romance notion. Get a life woman!

5. Kill_Lexington Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

anyone who is of neutral or good aligment yes i want to rip minsk's throat open i hate him so much

6. StressedE Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Jan Jansen gets my vote.
    He is the coolest character in the game, but that burp voice is soooo annoying I never want him in my party again

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.