1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The NPC you hate the most

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Ezellohar Shark, Dec 28, 2001.

1. Zaragoth Guest

Nalia.
    1. She's annoying
    2. She's annoying
    3. She's annoying.

2. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Anomen, Cernd and Haer'Dalis...there're so many better people to pick for whatever you might want one of those three for! I'll take Yoshimo over Haer'Dalis, Keldorn over Anomen and Jaheira or Viconia over Cernd....those three really have no purpose except for variety....and I can't see myself playing with Valygar or Mazzy either...again, far better NPCs around...

And Minsc is fantastic...I'm almost tempted to kill innocents just to hear him say "May the gaze of my hamster *change* your evil ways!* ;)

3. Sol'Kanar Guest

*Ahem* Inquisitors, the best class you say? I will assume for a moment, as logic dictates, that you are *not* simply a raving moron, and ask you what is the merit? He cannot do any of the things that, in my mind at least, make a paladin a paladin. They can dispel magic and use true sight, but then, any wizard can do that, and without one of those you will have a much harder time with the game. The only benefit I see is that they are immune to hold and charm, and effect easily duplicated by many spells/items that I for one, always have. And even so, they cannot lay hands or cast spells. In fact, I'd use either one of the kits over this one if I were to play a paladin, what is the big deal?

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

[​IMG] First off, melord, I never said they were the best class, only the best kit for the paladin. Reasons are simple. Lets start with the disadvantages first.

No turn undead: big deal, it's at half the level anyway, so you won't be able to harm much with it. Better idea is to simply have your cleric turn them, and have your paladin do what he does best; fight.

No lay on hands: Wow, heal around 40 hitpoints once per day, big deal, when a cleric can completly heal the person with one spell.

No spells: Probably their biggest disadvantage, but you're max casting level will only be level 9, limiting your use, and a cleric has more than enough spells on his own. And you'll only get up to level 4 spells and I'm not sure this is even possible without the experience cap remover. Not to mention most cleric spells have very long casting times, so you're better off simply doing what you do best; fighting.

Ok, now for the advantages.

True Sight/Dispel Magic: You forgot to mention that he does it at TWICE HIS ACTUAL LEVEL! You can dispel ANYTHING with these, and they also cast instantanously! Also makes the Inquistitor a great party leader, since he can dispel any effects such as hold or charm on his comrades, and unlike a priest or a mage, he's not affected by these spells, so he'll always be around to do it.

Immunity to Hold/Charm: This is priceless, since it almost totally prevents your Inquisitor from being taken out of battle magically. This works great in conjuntion with Dispel Magic.

Summary: While not as versatile as a Cavalier, he's as great as party leader, and IMO a better fighter. Extra abilites such as Turn Undead and Lay on Hands are nice, but how often do you actually use them? Let Clerics do their own job, and pick an Inquisitor. I'm in no way saying that Cavaliers are any less as useful, simply backing up my opinion. Oh, and I feel a "Why do you need those immunities to hold and charm when you have 50% magic resistance with the Holy Avenger?". Simply put, I don't use the Holy Avenger, as I find it way overpowered, and I always thought that Paladins/Knights would be using a Shield.

5. zaknafein Guest

once again i have to agree with archer14 and jack funk. but not just because of lord saravok. veryone except for the avid anomoen haters seem to hate anomen bashing so i say. BASH ANOMEN. also he breaks the duel class rules

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I must state that I like Annoy-me a lot, despite the moniker I\ve givewn to him...

I dislike Aerie, Nalia and Cernd. Why? the reason I do is their personalities. If I like a character's personality, I can overlook weaknesses in favor of personality. Why? Because that's what people do, they hang with people they like!
    And, they don't suit my playing style.

Ara
    (I hate my life... I hate it! Hate! Hate!)

7. Lord Sarevok Guest

Well, I suppose Anomen bashing is ok on this particular topic, but about the time I just got on this site, there were about 3 topics entirley dedicated to the arrogant bastard, so I get kinda sick of it sometimes ;). Most everyone agrees they don't like him, including me, so lets leave it at that shall we?

Oh and regarding his dual class...it might have had something to do with his personal experience, so he didn't have to follow the rules. I can think of tons of times where the BG series strayed very far from the rules, this isn't the first. Like Aerie, she's an elf, so she wouldn't be able to be a cleric/mage, but that's how Quayle taught her....

8. Alienboy Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

No one has mentioned Hear'Dalis yet.

1-I am NOT HIS RAVEN.
    2-He pretends to be poetic.
    3-He is a Medieval Choir boy.
    4-His not that great character.
    5-I don't think he has an evil bone in him.

p.s i agree Jon Irenicus is pretty mean at the start but people set should set aside differences like torture.

[This message has been edited by Alienboy (edited January 12, 2002).]

9. Eilonwy Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

I think I hate Anomen the most of all...
    My motivation is:
    * He is arrogant
    * He is bragging bastard
    * He is a very annoying thing
    * He complains about everything
    * a.s.o
    That is just some of the most motivated reasons I have for hating him.
    (And Wild, you evil laughs are nothing compared to my "Muahahaha"s...)
    :p

[This message has been edited by Eilonwy (edited January 09, 2002).]

10. I love bg2 Banned

allright then we all hate anomen we get the idea we dont need to talk about it anymore everyone just shut up about him already

11. Lukki Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

I use Anomen a lot. Sir Anomen has 16 wis and that gives a lot of clerical spells. Anomen had 2 lvl 7 cleric spells in my game.

The chars I don't use/like are Nalia, Keldorn, Aerie, Cernd, Haer'Dalis, Viconia and Mazzy.

Mazzy and Keldorn are not very strong fighters.

Viconia leaves when you have over 18 rep and you lose reputation when you take her.

Cernd is useless. Aerie is weak and VERY annoying.

Nalia is just.. annoying.

Haer'Dalis wasn't good at anything.

I played the game through with
    Cavalier
    Minsc
    Anomen
    Jaheira
    Jan
    Imoen

(Yes I know Nalia can be a good mage and viconia can be a good cleric but do I really need them?)

[This message has been edited by Lukki (edited January 11, 2002).]

12. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] All this Anomen bashing and only ONE post from Archer14 ?! :aaa:
    This shows incredible restraint!

Congratulations Archer14 - the tablets are obviously working. :grin:

:D :D :D

[Don't push it. :nono:] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited January 11, 2002).]

:aww: Sorry - just a bit of fun.

[This message has been edited by Hardcase Von Crudd (edited January 11, 2002).]

13. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Aerie

1) She whines.
    2) She keeps whining.
    3) Just when you think she's done whining, she starts again.

And for the extra credit:
    4) If your girlfriend is like this, bail. Eject, Eject, Eject. That's what the red panic button on the side of the cockpit is for: flare, chaff, chaff, flare.

But anyway, her 'romance' music is really cool, so it's a tradeoff.

14. LiquidusSnake Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I Myself Cannot Stand Edwin, But I Keep him in my party,

1. He whines alot
    2. He critize-es everything
    3. and his voice gives me a headache

15. zaknafein Guest

i have a better idea. why dont people stop saying to stop anomen bashing when this is a opinion poll and all these people hate anomen so they are doing the right thing

16. Lee Gems: 1/31

Here's one thing i hate, it's one of the things Aerie says when you make her move, i think it's (and excuse my spelling)
    "Faster than chicheka fastpaws"
    God, i always dread hearing this, and it's because of this that i've never been able to to have her stick around long enough to have a romance. It drives me nuts, i cringe whenever i hear it, don't ask me why though.

17. Hardcase Von Crudd Gems: 5/31

[​IMG] I am in the middle of the Aerie romance and she just told me who Chiktikka Fastpaws is (that's how you spell it, by the way).
    Chiktikka Fastpaws is the racoon sidekick of the Gnomish god, Baervan Wildwanderer.

I realize this is a little off topic. Sorry about that.

And now, back to our regular thread...

18. Enchantress Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Nalia :evil: Why?

1. "For the needy!"
    2. "For the needy!"
    3. "For the needy!"

It's nice she's so caring in such a condescending way....gggrrrr. :toofar:

19. Corr Raven Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Imoen.
    Always has some attitude- please be gentle with monster. I feel like crying. soooooooo annoying

20. Okay im going to say it for the first and the last time. I LIKE ANOMEN-the-annoying-cleric-who-has-annoying-voice. OKAY?

Good.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.