1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The NBA lockout, does anyone care?

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by dmc, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Smiling Imp Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Meh, I guess in that case, the prices are comparable. I once paid less for a ticket than I did a beer. Beer is $9 at the HDC.

2. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I bought 4 Beers & 4 Dogs at Wrigley last year. I had 3 Twenties in my hand and needed to pull out more cash. Unfrickin real......

3. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I can believe it Blades. I have a humorous story along those lines. Last year I went to an O's game when they were playing the Yankees. There was a large Yankee fan contingent at the game. I'm waiting in line for concessions, and they guy in front of me was obviously a New Yorker - even if it weren't for all the Yankee gear he was wearing - you could tell by the way he talked. Anyway, he ordered a ton of stuff. He had hot dogs, brats, beers, a whole mess of things. It was something around $80 worth of stuff.

So the girl behind the counter gets all of this stuff ready, and then he hands her a credit card. At which point she tells him that the credit card machines are down. Given how many people don't carry cash, and that he was ordering $80 worth of food, I think it would have been common sense to mention that at the outset.

So the New Yorker says he doesn't have the cash, to which the cashier says, "I don't see how that's my problem." (Which I feel was unnecessarily rude - I mean it was her who didn't mention you could only pay by cash - how was that guy to know?) So the New Yorker tells her - "then you can take all this [stuff] back!" - and walks away.

So I get my two beers and go back to my seat. And two rows behind me I hear this conversation:

"Hey Joey - where's my [freakin] beer and dog?"
    "Ah Tony - you wouldn't believe it"
    (As an aside is it required that all Italian guys from New York are named either Tony or Joey? And why is it only acceptable to go by "Joey" when you're over 10 years old if you're Italian and from New York? I don't think I've ever met a Joey over 10 that didn't meet that criteria - it always Joe. But I digress...)
    "So I go to the line and order all the [stuff], and then the [freakin female dog] tells me the [freakin] credit card machine ain't [freakin] working."
    "So why didn't you just [freakin] pay for it?"
    "What the [freak] do you want me to do? Pull the money out of my [freakin butt]? I don't carry cash on me."
    "[Freak] it. I'll get the [freakin] beer man next time he gets his [butt] over here."

4. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No, no, no..... Aldeth, you need to watch "Good Fellas" again.... All Italian men are either named Petey or Paulie and they're all married to girls named Marie. :D

5. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I think that just illustrates the point more Blades - there's this fascination of adding the "e" sound to the end of names. My father is from the Italian half of the family. His name is John, and some of his friends call him Jack. But everyone on the Italian half calls him Jackie. I don't get it. You're not Petey or Paulie if you aren't Italian.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.