1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Nameless One DOESN'T DIE!!! (SPOILER)

Discussion in 'Planescape: Torment (Classic)' started by herf, May 19, 2001.

1. herf Guest

ok, i just want to clear this up, the namless one does not die at the end of the game, i am sick and tired of explainign it to about a hundred people that he dosnt die, he goes to fight in the blood war! if you would actually watch the end fucking movie you will see that he doesnt die! so will you berks out there stop saying that there is no storyline for a sequel because the nameless one dies, HE DOESNT, there is a perfect storyline for a sequel and i know there isnt gonna be one im just saying there is a storyline for a sequel and the nameless one does not die!

oh yeah, major spoiler alert.

2. Vicsun Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I havn't played through all of the game yet so I can't tell this for sure, but from all I read I understood, that he could die (one of the endings), or he could join the blood war.
    I'm not sure of this though.

3. Avooch Dar Guest

i am sorry i thought he did die.....you were right and i apologise.........but i was also easing the pain of having the prospect of no sequel to this brill game. Although actually there is an option to kill yourself in the script.......i did not want this one so i chose the other option and then presumed that you died.....sorry

4. herf Guest

there are some ways to die but to finish the game you cant die, to finish the game you have to go to the blood war, when you die the credits dont show, they do whn you go to the blood war, therfore the only way to finish the game is to go to the lower planes. i rest my case.

5. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Hmm, herf, haven't I told u that Avooch will reply this? ;)

6. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

I have a question... Now that the Nameless One has regained his mortality and all that, can he be killed while fighting the blood war???

7. herf Guest

probably but the thing is we will never find out cuz there isnt gonna be a sequel.

maybe when im older and have lotsa money i can hire people to make a sequel...

8. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] In that case herf, count on me.

9. Avooch Dar Guest

i don't trust you extremist.
    ps it is true that i did not see the end of game cinematic so i am glad you have pointed this out to me

10. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Believe what you wish, but Nameless one dying is actually one possible ending. A sad ending to a sad tale and thoroughly appropriate.

11. Vicsun Gems: 9/31

Y isn't there gonna be a sequel? I don't beleve that black isle will miss the oppertunity to make more money.

12. herf Guest

ummm, black isle didnt make any mony from the first one and the first on is the base for the seocnd one and if it has a faulty base then theyre not gonan make a second one are they?

13. Avooch Dar Guest

it was surprising that it did not sell as well as bg and bg2. After all it was given very good reveiws. Personally i think it is a severely underated piece of genius.

14. Extremist Gems: 31/31

[​IMG] Dear Avooch,

what is it that you don't trust me?

15. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

Volar: I think you are talking about the option where you stab yourself with the Blade of the Immortal, or maybe the one where you will yourself dead. Even if you do these options you still get the cinematic where you go down to hell. You only miss out on the one where you merge with the TO. So I think that even if you do "kill" yourself all it does is destroy your mortality and you still go down to hell.

16. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Really? I seem to rember that killing yourself results in seeing the 'trancendent one exploding' animation, then you see the animation you get when nameless one is killed. Could be wrong though, thanks for the correction in that case :)

17. Cerryl Gems: 9/31

I've never seen the TO explode movie. The only thing I've seen is when you kill yourself if the Nameless Ong going down to hell.

18. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Guys, what are you talking about?

There are four movies about Nameless One's end.
    1. Nameless One never reaches his mortality or dies - static movie
    2. Transcendent One is killed - you fought him
    3. Nameless One merges Transcendent One - peaceful solution
    4. Nameless One ends up in Baator - finale.

Now, when first movie occurs, that means you screwed the game - and you don't see any other movie. I.e. if you pestered Lady of Pain twice, she kills you (for testing your immortality against wrong creature).

Second and third movie occur regarding your ability to force Transcendent One to merge with you. If you succeed in that, you see third movie. If you can't do it, you must fight and when you won you'll see second movie.

Fourth movie can be seen only if you saw second or third movie before. So, if Transcendent One kills you - you won't see this movie.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.