1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Movie Scene Game

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Lantus, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Thank-you Carcaroth.

A boy is trying to escape. He gets to his feet and collapses back to his hands and knees. Again and again he tries to stand, tries to run, but can't. Fear is etched on his face as he crawls away from those who hunt him.

The movie is in black-and-white (no distracting colors to draw attention away from the boy's terror).

2. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Schindler's List?

3. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    This movie is from the early sixties.

Edit: Another hint may be in order. The scene (and the movie) discribed above ends when the boy crawls through the brush onto a beach and into the legs of a British Naval Officer.

[ August 29, 2005, 15:46: Message edited by: T2Bruno ]

4. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Lord of the Flies!!!!!

5. T2Bruno

Media:
    Your turn apathetic empath.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

crud, would've gotten it with the 2nd hint..

7. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Wow; I only barely thought of the link - good one, T2B!

Okay, here goes:
    One of the two protagonists has just been shot by the villian, who is rushed out of the gambling den by a corrupt cop.

8. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Another 48 hours?

9. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Ooooo; good guess, but no - the villian there WAS the corrupt cop, and I think only Nick Nolte's character gets out without injury/death.

The moving I'm thinking of is older than that.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

the corruptor. i'm pretty sure..

<edit>

just saw the new hint, can't be the corruptor if it's older than another 48 hours

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

How about the original '48 Hours'?

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sounds like The Sting to me.

13. T2Bruno

Media:
    :bang:

I was just thinking that after shutting down last night. D'oh!

14. Vukodlak Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Veteran

Sounds like the Sting, but nobody gets shot by Lonnegan in there...

15. T2Bruno

Media:
    You're right, Vukodlak -- Robert Redford is shot by Paul Newman. Robert Shaw is then ushered out of the place by Charles Durning.

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

JSBB has it!

:doh: Yep, T2/Vuk, you're actually right - my goof; Lonnigan isn't the shooter, but PN 'avenging himself' on RR, and then necessitating getting RS outta the scene of the 'crime' leaving his money behind.

[ September 01, 2005, 01:37: Message edited by: apathetic empath ]

17. JSBB Gems: 31/31

An old woman with a cane/crutch is hobbling through a series of corridors and comes across another elderly woman in an iron lung. She comfortingly pats the woman on her head, and then swipes her glasses and hobbles away.

18. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

:aaa: OMG, I've *SEEN* this movie! It's....oh, *#%*&#&# the old lady isn't the protagonist but associated with same...it-

:idea:

Bubba Ho-Tep

if not, :bang: lol

19. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Yes it is from Bubba Ho-Tep.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

:banana: YAY! I can finally sleep! :banana:

Whee... :hahaerr:

Uh-oh, this means now I gotta come up with one, doesn't it...nuts.

C'ya morpheus - t'woulda been nice for a visit from ya.... :(

Seriously, I may not have one until mid-afternoon Eastern time; will be wracking my brain until then...

--------

EDIT: Nevermind; it's 8am here, I woke up spontaneously a while ago and got inspired while lying in bed staring at the ceiling:

The two protagonists banter back and forth in preperation of questioning a madman.

[ September 01, 2005, 12:31: Message edited by: apathetic empath ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.