1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The most powerful creature ever (minor spoiler)

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by Seid, Aug 2, 2001.

1. ikzelion Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

2. TGM Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Well, I think Abazigal with the improved AI, with the smaller dracos, and that Purple Dragon are quite an ass-kicking experience.
    I took a LOT of time defeating those dragons!
    Anyway, the downloadable improved opponents (Illasera, Abazigal, Demogorgon, Balthazar, etc) are the most deadly opponents I guess.

3. Shaidar Haran Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] Abazigal + improved AI + more dragons = a quick death!

4. TIN_MAN Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I found Draconis to be the toughest, yet(I didn't fought Melissan yet). His acid breath was most annoying(and deadly...as well).

5. dmartin797 Gems: 1/31

Kangaxx seemed the hardest but there were a few that gave me almost as much trouble. Melisan was a pain because you had all those sub-battles and I think she was the most satisfying one to kill.

6. Melissan!!!

7. ios Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

the most difficult enemy is kangaxx undoubtfully
    when i fought him i was lvl 13-14 if i remember and i reloaded for i-dont-know-how-many-times
    although i didnt kill him :p

melissan is easy (if you know how and when to play your spells+having greater restoration just hit only her... the fallen solar team is quite difficult)
    DG -at the beginning i was stupid that i camped in a corner and i waited for his summoned to come to me and of course i was losing all the time, then i considered hitting only him after four pierce magic and he died quite easily... )
    draconis was really hard.. i abandoned that fight and i returned after i had killed dg
    his father was a joke like balthazar ...
    now that fu***ng bhaalspawn-drow that bi*** made my life miserable for half an hour until after lots of reloads i killed hre :p

[This message has been edited by ios (edited October 11, 2001).]

8. theholygit Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Kangaax was a piece of piss. Mace of disruption, the higher version of it, and pretection against spells. had aerie protected against abjuartion, i think, so imprisonment wouldn't work on her, and minsc stood behind her, and hit kangaax once. That golden skull dropped easily, and i walked out with TWO rings of the gaax....

9. Lord Bane Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] Draconis indeed, the bastard.

Melissan was surprisingly easy when using the slightly cheesy tactic of traps. Although it can be argued that in this case it's perfectly normal that one would set traps around the place. Makes her too easy though :)

10. Stormtrooper Gems: 1/31

I found draconis and that last slayer in abyss the hardest

11. Arek Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Do not forget Boo

12. ios Gems: 2/31

of course how we forgot him... with his special attack-"eye damager" with it boo (after lvl 20) every attack with his claws is considered a critical hit for 2 turns and it blinds the target!!!

13. Spudsquisher Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] never ignore the wrath of an enraged space hamster! i reloaded many many times before i discovered that daystar could not hurt kangass. with mace of disruption mk2 he is easy tho.. not really any bad baddies outside of TOB if you know what you are doing

14. The Hierophant Druid Gems: 1/31

mellisan was not so though if you knew the tricks to beat her
    even sarevok in bgI was tougher!!!

15. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Melissan still is the hardest for me. I beat Sarevok with no cheese, insane dificulty, and TotSC installed and found that battle nowhere near as difficult as core rules Melissan. I still think Melissan is a punk to beat with no cheese.

16. Satanatron Gems: 1/31

Well, of the charaters in BG, Elminster is supposed to be a bit of a meat axe.

Of the oppenents that you can fight in BG, you would expect Melissan to be the strongest.. though I felt she was piss-weak (especially in comparison to the "improved bosses").

In the forgotten relms, according to the AD&D Monsterous Manual (2nd edition) it is a "Tarrasque".

"The ledgendary Tarrasque, fortunately only one has known to exist, is the most dreaded monster native to the prime material plane.
    The creature is a scaley biped with two horns on its head and a reflective caraprace. It is a killing machine that eats everything for miles around including animals and vegetation. Slaying a Tarrasque is said only to be possible via a wish as even the slightest piece of a Tarrasque has the ability to regenerate and restore the monster entirely."

S

17. Wow that is so cool. A tarrasque eh? What does it look like? Maybe Tal can make a custom avatar out of him eh?

18. Satanatron Gems: 1/31

[​IMG] In the artist immpression it looks like a half-man half-crocidile monster with black scales, big horns on the head and a demon's stereotypical tail.

S

19. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I also thought Melissan was very easy. Even in the last battle. A few traps do the trick.:p

20. Fritz Gems: 2/31

A mouse was the hardest oponent to me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.