1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Most Memorable Unintended Events In Games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Foradasthar, Aug 13, 2003.

1. Foradasthar Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just got reminded of another "most amusing event in known history" that I experienced in Fallout 2 with my second or third character (one of the very first ones of my 30-80 different characters in all). I'd gone here and there around the world, had visited New Reno before and did some quests there, then went somewhere else for months to do more quests. So this one day I got back into New Reno to check on the place once more.

Everything was normal, and I walked around for a while to the upper section of the initial beginning part of the map (the one where the Mordino family is). Suddenly some srubby looking loser attacks me. Well, I slaughter him with my plasma rifle. Another comes in, I take him on as well. Then a huge load of people start to run into my direction and shoot at me from the Mordino house's direction. At this point I had no idea what was going on, I assumed it was a bug, and in my feeling of power what with the plasma rifle and Power Armour, I decided I'd make the game world pay. So I killed them all, went inside the house, killed everyone that was remaining. Then I went up the stairs, killed Mordino himself as well, and then came back down. I assumed of course that this was the classical Fallout 1 situation where I'd defended myself and now the whole world was on aggressive mode against me. Instead, the first character I test-talked to, praised me. Soon it came apparent that so did everyone else. I was the man, the champ, and who knows what else. I checked the local reputation in the karma screen and found out I was idolized! I was entirely convinced that what had just happened was nothing more than the programmers making it so that if you really *did* slaughter such a huge load of people just like that, the others would come to realise you're not someone to mess with.

I think it took me half a year before I realised it was all only because just before I'd left New Reno for the last time, I'd come into the final quest for Salvatore, which was to kill Mordino. In addition, after leaving New Reno I went to the drughouse and had to kill a couple of Mordino's guards to talk to the drug-scientist in the basement. These two combined made sure that the Mordino family was angry at me, and as a result of killing Mordino, I would be granted the "Made Man" status by Salvatore. Talk about coincidence. :rolleyes:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.