1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The most incredible battle -Drizzt and Posse

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Draco Vlasavius, Oct 17, 2000.

1. hooligan_inc Guest

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Hell no. The Best IWD Party (or something similar) topic in the IWD forums has 60 or so replies. I think that's the winner of the longest topic ever contest.

3. hooligan_inc Guest

Ah, but surely 'tis the length of posts, not number that dedcides?

4. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Posse basically means "reinforcements" or in this case, it refers to Drizzt's party.

5. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

NO - I wasn't saying it was FUN to kill Drizzt and Posse! (Gang, party members, henchmen, companions... for those that arent' 'hip' to the lingo) At least that wasn't my PRIMARY intention.

As mentioned, I played BG1 and and invested in Long Swords & Scimitars. I imported that character and spent additional points in Scimitars in BG2 to Grand Mastery lvl. I also had the 2 Weapon abilitly lvl 3. By the time I was in the 5th & 6th Chapter of the BG2 game I realized that I WAS STUCK. NO STINKIN MAGICAL SCIMITARS of any significant worth. I had two magic Scimitars for my Dual Wielding Fighter. But nothing close to Drizzt's +3 to +5 Scimitars with benefits.

So when Drizzt and Posse ambushed me I said "FINALLY...". And so I played my characters ego and didn't apologize to Drizzt when him and his group demanded one for what I did in BG1 -which was killed him then as well. ("Another corpse in my wake, nothing odd about that. Let's go...")

So I fought him 8 times, and finally prevailed. The Scimatars were GREAT until chap 7 when I was cheated out of them...

It was all more of a 'NEED', and slightly 'GREED'. And yes... ok... a little 'FUN'.

Draco Vlasavius

[This message has been edited by Draco Vlasavius (edited October 21, 2000).]

6. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

I was a lvl 19 fighter when they attacked me, took about 5 tries. SHIT, it was one helluva battle. In my opinion Wulfgar was the strongest, Drizzt was the close second. yeah I read all the books too. it took a couple months to read 'em all.

7. Elverath Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Draco what are you talking about? there werent any scimitars or two weapon style in BG1.

8. Draco Vlasavius Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Hey there Elverath, you may want to re-visit some of the posts here. Not one of them are mentioning 'two weapon style' in BG1. The only one that had 2 weapon style was good ol' Drizzt. Which made many RPG'er wish for that ability in BG2! Primarily those that had played Rangers and the like. My post also mentioned how 'enticing' it would be to dual wield in BG1. So in BG2 I did! Like a lot of other RPG'ers.

No Scimitars in BG1? No scimitar weapons or proficiency? I'm not sure if I understand your statement correctly but perhaps (just perhaps...) you mean no SCIMITAR proficiency? Well of course they were treated as Long Swords and thus Long Swords & Scimitars were the same proficiency... if that is what you meant. If not, then yes there were actual scimitar's that could be purchased in the BG1 & TOSC games. Or you could 'take on' Drizzt for his scimitars in that series.

Clarify what you mean if this doesn't answer your statement.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.