1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Left Hand Path

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Disciple of The Watch, May 28, 2008.

1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Before we officially hijack RRT, I accidently brought up another good left hand topic - marriage.

I'm not too worried about my family. They'll get over it. I'm not on very good terms with most of them, so I'm have no qualms about burning some bridges if it ever comes to that.

A LVS wedding is pretty much like a magic ritual, so it has to be done in a "magic room", complete with an altar. While I do like your idea of a wedding out in the wild, 8peeps, for me, no can do.

Then there would be the problem of finding a LVS priest to officially seal the union (sealing the union between the two LVS - LVS marriages are not legally recognized)... hell, maybe I could do it myself - celebrate my own wedding, how sweet would that be?

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Guess I'm lucky to be a witch then. Anywhere can be consecrated ground for any ritual or ceremony in theory.

Same as Handfastings are no longer legal bindings in UK in either sense unless the Priest and Priestess involved are registered registrars (that was weird to type) only Christian Priests and Civil Registrars are the 'legal' way to go about things.

I know if I get married I probably won't be able to have a wiccan ceremony :sosad: I could never lie and have it done in the Christian fashion, and I'm sure my partner would object to having a religious ceremony. So instead of having a ceremony of promise, love and respect, I guess I'll be having ceremony of law and binding. :rolleyes:

I'll have to see I guess. At worst I won't have a blessed ritual, but I'll still have someone who loves me.

And get half if it fails :shake:

3. Disciple of The Watch

Yep, either Xtian or legal, this is absolutely ridiculous.

The fact that LVS marriages aren't legally recognized actually does not bother me at all. I don't need a legal paper to prove to a chick I love her, the fact I want to go through the ritual with her should be proof enough... though again pops the problem of finding a kindred spirit - let's just say LVS practitioners are a very rare breed where I live.

4. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Wicca tends to be a little oversaturated. Wiccans tend to fall into roughly four categories;

Fluff Bunnies - "Hello I'm another reincarnation of Cleopatra, I have a book of love spells and all other religions have stolen from mine!"

Rebelling Teenagers - "YEAH I'M A WITCH AND YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND ME"

Then you get to the people who really get into the religion beyond "ooh shiny magics!"

Practical Wiccans - most kitchen witches, full covens that are comprised of adults and not a twelve year old as the high priestess who ascended the ranks because she could quote more of Charmed than her best friend, a fair few ecclectics and most who follow a tradition.

Aging Hippy - They're points are valid, and I daresay a lot more people than who care to admit who follow the path fall into this category :shake: Some are even derogatory about hippies, but I still use the term for them :D they tend to be the ones who get a 'witchy phrase' into every possible situation. *EVERY* situation.

I live near the New Forest, supposedly near where Gardners original coven is. Hence we get a LOAD of Fluff Bunnies who are convinced they must be more mystical and powerful being near the source of most magic (I don't know either. There's more than one fluff coven that has claimed this though) A couple of my friends used to be Wiccan... but as they'd happily tell you
    "Oh I grew out of that" :rolleyes:

We get a lot of the (new)aging hippies as well, living near both The New Forest, several villages famous for it's witches and Stone Henge in the mix as well as Gaunts Common which hosts plenty of gatherings.

And the practical ones are quiet, only half practical and half something else, or disillusioned by the other groups :lol:

5. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    How about an aging hippie fluffy bunny? Met one. Christalmighty she's annoying (when I used to be an active member of a Xtian congregation they never appreciated ironical or light use of 'christ', 'god', 'hell', 'satan', 'creator' or similar words. I wonder why that is... :holy: )

But I know one real aged hippie who even met Hendrix once. I think she'd classify as a magic practitioner. Well, hindu mysticism and such, but she's done her bit of magics and gets a lot of respect from me. She's one helluva person. Rooted in reality, but has a ton of crazy and often exoteric wisdom.

If I'd ever get married, I wouldn't give a damn about the ritual as such, but I would feel very uncomfortable with an Xtian wedding. I could go through with it if she'd insist upon it, but I don't have to worry about that since that won't be happening. I just can't take seriously a girl who'd have religion as an issue. So I guess in that hypothetical scenario of me getting married it'd be legal procedure for legal purposes, like tax issues and such...

6. 8people

Media:
    Most Wiccans are a combination of the four categories :lol:

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Well...at the mediterranean she said she'd sense the Atlantis. I mean the annoying fluffy-bunny. Somewhere around Crete I gather. I'm sure she had a powerful feeling of something, but to which it relates and how much has to do with any Atlantises is kind of...

...takes me back to those days what it felt like when I thought I could control the weather to some extent. Just because I might be good at reading the signs of a storm coming doesn't mean I'd have much power over it. With this annoying fluffy-bunny you get the feeling of weird. She creeps me out and seems a little or maybe even a lot :nuts:

Not because of her beliefs, whatever they are, but because she is one those people who give you the creeps because they're...well you can smell sickness or a glimpse of someone being a little or a lot unstable and she's one of those.

Whereas this true hippie friend of mine. She's got some crazy beliefs and I trust her to know her tantra at least, but she's one of the sanest people I've ever met.

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I know a fluffy Bunny, or to be more accurate my mum does. Old school friends.

She is one of the very "new age" type of witches, with crystals and meditation and such. My knowledge of the topic is, to be honest, almost none existent. I can say that she has a very strong belief in what she does and manages to bring up spiritualism a lot. And I mean A LOT :rolleyes:

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hmm, hippie-fluffy bunnies are pretty interesting in one aspect.

Now I'm not buying ESP or "sensing" stuff that easily, but a few times some new-age hippies have gotten seriously bad vibes out of me. Hehheh...but then I start thinking that oh boop, my cover's blown! Is it time to start doing damage? You see, usually when this happens it blocks all conversation from that point and that gets pretty annoying.

As do the questions about me being a satanist. I mean c'mon is something like that that obvious? I'm not going to call myself a satanist, I don't wear or use or have any paraphenalia whatever they be and I don't even listen to blackmetal. But sure, if they get heebie jeebies out of me, then they can just call me evil then. :rolleyes:

Should memorize some jinxes or something, just to put them on a field-trip with their holier-than-thou attitudes. You get those with the "new age" people as well, but meh, I'll just give 'em the "evil-eye" stare if it comes to that. When they get edgy, they stay edgy, so might as well get some fun out of it. Heh, sometimes it's just too much fun to get people with prejudices freaked out...

Luckily not all of hippie fluffy bunnies are like that. It seems that if and when they are, they've already got some excess baggage. Or a few nuts and bolts fallen out. If they've got some traumas they shouldn't go blaming it on me. That just might tempt me to rub it in.

10. Disciple of The Watch

You're generalizing about Satanism, bro. Yes, I listen to BM... but the Satan they speak of is different from the Satan in LVS. In LVS terms, my own god is, well, me.

But, since the majority of the people out there are a bunch of moronic sheep or giant douchebags (not gonna give any names here), my dressing in black, listening to BM, being rude, crude, nasty-tempered and nearly 24/7 POed when forced in social situations earned me Satanist label quicker than you can say "evil!". The creepy, evil, devil-worship kind of label. Add that crown jewel to an already notoriously bad reputation, and you got, hmm, well, me.

Hell, think of me as a Drow - just by being around me, you'll take a reputation hit. The price to pay to be free of the moronic sheep brainwashing, I suppose.

(This dose of cold, hard truth was brought to you by Jolt Cola - twice the sugar, twice the buzz)

11. 8people

Media:
    I like Drow :D

and yeah, I get comments about being a devil worshipper because of my choice of clothes and music. I don't even believe the devil exists!

12. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Nuh, uh. Didn't mean to generalize. Not making that mistake. Wouldn't be here if I'd go generalizing about Satanism.

Who cares if someone wears black or listens to BM? Apart from moralists. And that hits the mark. I find it funny how you can find moralistas from almost every cult, sect, creed and faith no matter what they claim they believe in.

It gets ironic with the fluffy hippies. "Uh, yeah, universal peace and love for everyone, but not you, since there's something wrong with you. I can sense it." :rolleyes: Yeah, it must be the suit I might be wearing that makes me evil for them.

I'm an individualist to almost extremes. I judge people as they judge me. Someone don't like me, I don't like them. And with a lot of people that's how it goes. I already get labeled, they make clear of their disapproval and expect me to come into the fold. To be like the rest of the flock. Obedient. To submit. Tough luck. Not going to happen.

I might go along with the show and follow the pied piper, but only as long as it amuses me. And there's not much in congregating that amuses me for a long time. So. I think we're still on the same page...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Heads up to that, bro. Be a mindless sheep or be a black sheep. I chose being a black sheep. I can live with the bad reputation and disapproval, hell, I haven't been nicknamed the Notorious0601 for no reason. Not sure if I ever said why I earned this nick here, not sure if it's of any interest either. If someone wants to know... ask away.

14. 8people

Media:
    By all the hells and netherworlds in existance and without I would give my bones for my documents on poisons right now :flaming: failing that I need to recompile my hexes and curses.

Someone is going to fry even if I have to do the honours by hand! :mad:

15. Disciple of The Watch

What did he do now, peeps? :shake:

Speaking of the fluffy bunnies, I bumped into one today. It seems the reverse pentagram necklace gave me away as a LVS. Said negativity radiates around me like static. Thank you Captain Obvious, what would I do without you.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I never understood the downside of being negative. Really. Never understood it yet my parents have tried for years to get me to change my attitude. Tis strange, no?

17. Disciple of The Watch

Magister, your parents are idiots. Just like mine are. Smile, be happy, life is beautiful... **** you.

Did you know pessimists are the happiest people in the world? 90% of the time, they're right, and the other 10% they're pleasently surprised.

18. Disciple of The Watch

I was lucky enough to find the complete LVS wedding ritual... as I suspected, it requires a 'magic room' with an altar. No big deal, I was planning one such room when in a bigger flat. At least now I know how to celebrate LVS weddings. That makes my day.

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    My English class was recently set an assignment, which was that we had to give a 3 minute talk on a minority group (which could be anything you could imagine). Now the reason I bring this up is because of the amount of people who chose religious "cults" (Their words, not mine). The two that stood out for me was the LVS satanist and the Wicca. They stood out because they obviously had NO IDEA what they were talking about. The Wicca was abstract, gave a slight "history" and failed to explain the basis of the faith. The LVS was slightly better in that it it talked about the founder, explained some of the principles and at least the guy who wrote it was interested in it (he has a copy of the Satanic bible). However it was clear that most of the Wicca was copied from Wikipedia :rolleyes:.

Hope that stimulates discussion :)

20. 8people

Media:
    Goodness... I'm in a cult now :rolleyes:

Anyone fancy a Tarot reading? :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.