1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Iku-Turso, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Later on last night I caught the last half of Smokey and the Bandit, the first half of Die Hard with a Vengeance and this afternoon I caught Smokey and the Bandit II.

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Looking for Kitty

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Tremors. The sequels sucked but this one is fun.

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Wanted - delicous scenes with Angelina Jolie in this one, overall a gruesome and gritty action movie with quite a lot of questionable humour...and if you ever want to see a pic with Morgan Freeman saying the longer version of mofo, then this is the right movie for you :thumb:

5. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Caught the latter half of Art Of War with Wesley Snipes. I quite like Snipes movies and this one was pretty good.

6. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    -Dumplings- (Gaau Ji)

Such a disgusting and yet utterly fascinating movie!
    Well acted and directed!
    I was torn all the time between "meep" and "eek"!

The one who still has a sound appetite after this movie is hard-boiled!

7. Goli Ironhead Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Golden Compass because my little brother wanted me to watch it with him. As expected, it shaved off quite a bit of detail and cut some less than crucial appendages off. I didn't like the changes made, including the very crude and blunt narration at the beginning and how the ending was changed. Actually, I can't think many things I actually liked about it. But the daemons were nice, at least.

8. Gnarfflinger

Triple Dip today.

Last Boy Scout (sounded strange with all the swear words replaced)

Strange Brew (A Canadian classic)

and

The Silence of the Lambs.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Haha Gnarf, some people in my family had a vote and Strange Brew won the dumbest movie ever award...

I watched Wall-E... I thought it was funny. I guess a lot of other people didn't since I'd be giggling like a little girl (really loud) and the whole theater beside me would be silent.

10. Gnarfflinger

Saw most of Batman Begins today. Hudson Hawk is coming on in 15 minutes...

11. martaug Gems: 23/31

I love hudson hawk!! IMO it's one of bruces better films

12. The Kilted Crusader

Just watched the Halloween remake. Pretty naff TBH.

13. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hehe, I made a nice beer, pizza & movies evening with a good pal, and we watched:

-Action Jackson (hot haircut, Carl Weathers, and way cooler than as Apollo Creed)
    -Forced Vengeance - Chuck Norris!
    -The Octagon - more Chuck Norris!

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    La Cité des Enfants Perdus (The City Of Lost Children), A Jean-Pierre Jeunet - Marc Caro cinematographic masterpiece. Real delight for the eyes.

Delicatessen, another piece of veritable art by Jeunet & Caro. Audiovisual treat. Delicious scenes. Wonderful rhythms.

And both have fantastic worlds, of course. A source of inspiration for all of those who love the world of Fallout. I gather that people at Black Isle have watched these films pretty closely...

Death at a Funeral - almost credible black comedy as some of the scenes almost reminded some of the scenes from my life. Well, not quite. But stuff that happened in the movie happens in real life all the time...funny, but not roflmao though...

Wasabi - A Luc Besson canned action-spam from his tongue-in-cheek actioncomedy -factory. Bonuses: Jean Reno in Japan! Minuses: Jean Reno in a Besson flick in Japan! They all speak french! Amazing!

15. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Once upon a time in High School! (Korea 2004)

A great flick, about a bloke that is bullied in School set in the 70's. At one point he finaly breaks and decides to train Bruce's "Jeet Kune Do" from a book. And fights back!
    Of cause, Fighting is not the sole topic of the movie!

16. Cal Jones

Cal Jones I'm not dead yet

Thanks to good ol' Sky - Pathfinder (not bad actually, though mostly because it features a lot of Karl Urban running around in no shirt and leather britches) and Zodiac (good movie).
    Last cinema movie I saw was the new Indy flick. Probably going this Saturday, so will have to think about what I want to see. Hrmm.

17. The Kilted Crusader

Saw both Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk today, both of them were really good.

18. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I watched Hancock yesterday and was disapointed... without spoiling it I can't say why. I'll just say it was gold to about the halfway point, then mere rusty pewter thereafter.

Field of Dreams at the house I'm watching over... Good, but I don't agree with those who call it great. Acting is a little shoddy it seems all around (mostly exempting Kevin Costner).

19. Gnarfflinger

Star Wars Episode IV again. They're just getting ready for the assault on the Death Star...

20. Rawgrim Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I watched that one yesterday actually. Went for the original version of it though. That scene where Luke heads out and looks up at the two moons of tatooine still gives me chills. arguably my favorite scene in any movie.

Watching The Empire Strikes Back, myself at the moment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.