1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Iku-Turso, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Pirates of the Caribbean, all three parts - the music is still ringing in my ears

2. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

And your brain still hurts from watching the last two... sooo bad.

Van Wilder: Rise of Taj- was in the mood for junk.

3. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

The Fall.

AMAZING!

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Takara

lol I felt exactly the same when I saw it again for the first time since forever a few months ago.

How to lose friends and alienate people. Simon Pegg is comedy gold.

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I love Simon Pegg! But I heard bad things about that movie... is it worth seeing if I pretty much enjoy everything he has been in?

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

saber, it's nothing great but i think you'll still enjoy it. Pegg is hilarious in it and there are a number of really laugh out loud moments. That said, it has the basic rom-com plot that all these types of movies have.

just saw "you kill me", awesome dark comedy about an alcoholic assassin and "eagle eye" which did the trick as your basic action-suspense entertainer.

7. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Vicky Cristina Barcelona. Good fun, but it seems that Woody Allen's era of greatness is past. It was great being able to recognise most of the streets that the characters walk through :)

8. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Appaloosa, a nice classic western with Ed Harris and Viggo Mortensen.

9. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Waltz with Bashir That movie is awesome! The first animated documentary I watch. It's an Israeli film about ex soldiers who participated in the 80s Lebanon war. They try to reminder the horror they had to witness. It's surprisingly anti-war

The animation is top notch with very little textures and the colours have an overall dark tone. There's always an high contrast which gives an unusual, pleasant feels to it. The shadows and dark zones are also omnipresent which are ironically given more details compared to the generally texture-less characters. It somehow reminded me of Flash animation.

The plot is intriguing and it sometimes feels like a fiction movie, but there's also a lot of «interviews» by real people. An interesting fact is not all characters condemns the war in the film, and with the more narrative-driven plot (which is unusual for a documentary) makes the film somewhat ambiguous or at least makes you think.

However the fact that's in Hebrew with subtitles might turn off some people, but meh if you don't care this film's awesome.

10. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Watched The Dark Knight on DVD. It's still awesome.

11. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    watched The witches of Eastwick. Not bad, but not good either.

12. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Brick. AWESOME movie. Did this ever hit the theaters back when it first came out?

13. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

Deathlands. A low-budget movie in a post apocalyptic setting with humans, half-mutants and mutants. Lots of potential in this one, but it is all lost. A mediocre movie at best, at least it has Jenya Lano, so you have something to watch at... Apparently this is based on a series of novels, I definitely have to look into them at some point.

14. The Kilted Crusader

Lethal Weapon 2 director's cut. I've seen the original a while back but I didn't really notice a difference.

15. Takara

Media:
    Beyond Rangoon on DVD no less!

16. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Final Fantasy: Advent Children... soooo bad. But expected :D

17. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Batman Begins for the first time. I think I might like it more than the Dark Knight, infact I'm quite sure I do.

18. Takara

Media:
    Both Bridget Jones which I do like.

19. The Kilted Crusader

Pan's Labyrinth and Hellboy 2. Was in a bit of a Del Toro mood :D

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

Never back down. Predictable, but enjoyable. Death Race which was kind of the same but less so.

Taken. AWESOME movie. You always hear people describing movies as "non-stop action" but this is the first one, imo, that actually delivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.