1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Iku-Turso, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atmer

Atmer Wandering... Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Iron Man, great movie!

Good story, good acting, funny and the action scenes are fine too. :thumb:

2. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@Tak

yeah, it was definitely good. i LOVED the film score.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Just watched Dogma for the first time in at least 6 years. Heh, and yes, Gnarf is right in the quote game.

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @Takara: Yes and yes, Gattaca is a wonderful movie.

And yes, I liked Iron Man, it's score although the character direction flopped a little bit in the end. Hate to see it when such good actors as Jeff Bridges and Gwyneth Paltrow don't give their best..

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    On the flight to Paris I watched Juno and the second National Treasure movie.

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    I watched Gattaca yesterday. You always know good movies when you appreciate them more after watching them several times.

Today I watched Octo*****. I haven't watched it in years. The James Bond girls in that movie were really gorgeous.

EDIT: fun thing I get ***** in the title. :shake: well...

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    We just watched 'You, Me, and Dupree' for the 3rd time last night, and before that we watched the unrated version of 'Wedding Crashers' for the Umteenth time.

How was NT2? We sort'a-kind'a liked the first one, but we never got around to seeing the second one... :rolling:

8. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Narnia day before yesterday, Iron Man yesterday.

Both excellent.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. It was on Spike TV last night.

10. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

3 Chinese movies...

The Road Home - Zhang Ziyi, directed by Zhang Yimou
    - cute and touching... and artistic as Yimou is known for. A nice watch.

3 Kingdoms: The Resurection of the Dragon - Andy Lau (Infernal Affairs trilogy) and Maggie Q (Die Hard 4.0 & Balls of Fury)
    - based on the most beloved Chinese novel called The Romance of the 3 Kingdoms. nice action but story telling sucks, personally, Maggie Q and Andy Lau's fight scene was the only saving grace. You can skip this one.

An Empress and A Warrior - Donnie Yen (Hero) and Kelly Chen (Infernal Affairs 1 & 3)
    - another periodic movie. This one is so much better than the 3 Kingdoms in most aspect. It does get a bit mushy though. Enjoyable, great fight scene choreography, cinematography, and cute but nice story.

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    @Kitrax: It was good. More of the same light fluffy adventure story as the first, but the last thing I wanted when crammed into seat 37D somewhere over the Atlantic was to be edified. It's the kind of movie where falling asleep for 30 minutes really doesn't diminish the experience. And, it has Helen Mirren. I can only hope to look that good when I'm 60 - hell, I'd like to look that good NOW! :roll:

12. Cap'n CJ

Cap'n CJ Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I watched The Bourne Identity today. It was alright, but felt a bit short. Still, got the other two waiting for me! :)

13. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    The Brothers Grimm - Gilliam is a visual genius and he creates worlds completely of his own, which for some strange reason become "real"; believable in the same sense as dreams are when you're dreaming them...

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin - A classical hong-kong kung-fu flic by Shaw productions :shake: Slightly amusing, but not half bad.

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Dogma.
    A movie that has a scene where an angel, played by Matt Damon, shoots a guy, scares a bus full of people, tries hard not to smile, but can't help it and finally starts singing "Who's house? (Say what?) Run's house!" simply cannot be bad.

EDIT: Ben Affleck is actually OK in this movie. :whoa:

15. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. I enjoyed it a lot although my favourite is still (by far) Raiders of the Lost Ark.

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Just got back from seeing Doomsday. Decent enough starting idea and certainly watchable, with some interesting parts. Unfortunately, a couple of bits had me sitting back with a sceptical look on my face.

17. theGodless Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Media:
    The 36th Chamber is awesome. I'm a sucker for old kung-fu movies. If you liked it you should definitely see my alltime favorite "Prodigal Son" with Yuen Biao and Sammo Hueng if you haven't already.

As for the last movie I saw, it was Das Leben der Anderen, or "The Lives of Others" which is a brilliant movie. If I hadn't been so tired I would probably have appreciated it a whole lot more, but alas. I think more people should see it, especially the kind of people who think DDR is nothing but a Arcade game...

18. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Sorry, no easy access to Prodigal Son, for some strange reason we don't have that in our collection...but I'll watch Das Leben der Anderen someday.

19. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Ironman.

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

I appear to have sparked off some sort of Gattaca thing, hooray ;)

Just Saw the Boondock Saints, awesome movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.