1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Iku-Turso, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Tropic Thunder!

This was just...OMFG, roflmao, Gsus, bad-mouthed, ugly, eat metal, harsh movie about...actors.

Loved it for the metalevels that it has on the net and in the movie. Take, for instance, Robert Downey Jr. :shake:

I was surprised about the violence and the swearing in the movie, it says pg13, but this was not a picture a 13yr old would understand. There was a few kids watching the film and they just didn't get what was funny about it. They watched it as an action picture and were confused about the other movie-goers laughter.

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    White Sands. Has Willem Dafoe and Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio. I really enjoy this movie. You have to pay attention or can miss good bits in this movie.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Finally watched The Princess Bride after years of people telling me I would like it. I've got mixed feelings about it. On the one hand it's cheesier than a Brie factory, on the other hand it's so cheesy at times that I'm wondering if it wasn't meant as a parody. Then there's all the references to it that were in Might and Magic VI and that I finally get 10 years after playing that game. And of course there's a huge number of memorable quotes.

"Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

Classic :D

4. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The Matrix and The Matrix: Reloaded.

First one is good, second one... not as much. Nevertheless, it's still easy entertainment.

5. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Ziad: I thought Andre the Giant stole the show...

6. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    He does! His constant rhyming at the beginning is hilarious. I like the fact he's not the typical "all brawns no brains" character that he seems to be at first and turns out to be the most savvy member of the group.

7. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Groundhog Day. Decided I ought to see it at least once.

8. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Inherit the Wind (1960) for my history class. It is a really great script, I just didn't like some of the acting. I think I will check out a couple other versions to see which is best.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Lakeview Terrace... Now give me a break, I hadn't even seen the previews, so this was the result. It was one of my friends B-Days so we ended up going to a theater and this was about the only movie playing that late so we went...

What a terrible movie! The idea is bad, the movie tries to be a drama/thriller (as far as I can tell) and fails MISERABLY at both. It's the kinda movie that is painful to watch because it is SO bad, and the characters are SO terribly done.

10. Takara

Media:
    The Birdcage with Robin Williams. I really enjoyed this.

11. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yeah, the references to this flick are everywhere! Pop-Culture ahoy!

!Inconceivable!

12. Takara

Media:
    Das Boot. Jurgen Prochnow was great in this WW2 submarine movie. Can't watch often, but like it. Watch it in German, as it should be, with English subtitles.

13. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Fluuuteeeen!:D

The best WWII movie ever!

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Zodiac by David Fincher. Good flick. Avoids the usual serial killer clichés.

15. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    V for Vendetta. Enjoyed it a lot and didn't expect to. A really great movie.

16. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Tootsie.

Brilliant movie, great humour. Had me in stitches. :grin:

17. Takara

Media:
    Boiler Room. This is fantastic. You want action? Forget this movie, It has suspense, and gripping acting.

18. Caradhras

Media:
    Just watched Harsh Times. Kinda feel like someone punched me in the face. Very, very good movie.

19. Fly2tHeSkY

Fly2tHeSkY Southern Comfort Veteran

Dodgeball. Ben Stiller is HILARIOUS :lol:

20. Caradhras

Media:
    Have you seen Zoolander? Mystery Men? That guy is incredible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.