1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Iku-Turso, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    The Big Sleep
    Was ok, but not as good as the Maltese Falcon, and DEFINATELY not Casablanca.

2. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I started watching Wild Hogs when teh Satelite went down. Later I watches Spaceballs.

3. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Groundhog Day. Very good movie, would have probably enjoyed it even more if I'd seen it when it was released and without knowing what the movie was about (stupid spoiler trailers...)

4. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Highlander!

The "one" and only Highlander movie!

A classic.

5. Gnarfflinger

Mallrats. I love movies that reward intelligence but don't insist on it...

6. martaug Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

the dark knight, i have to agree with what all the others here have said about, excellent.

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I watched the Dark Knight last Saturday evening, and again yesterday night...and silly as it sounds, it was even better the second time. I was too busy being blown away by how sick and twisted the Joker really is, but the second time round I ... well, I was still mostly blown away by the Joker. What a movie! :D

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Seraphim Falls. Well it doesn't deserve the "Worst movie ever made" comments, but it was a bit bland. The flashback that was supposed to explain everything was too generic and made the whole movie seem silly.

9. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31

Veteran

A Knights Tale!

10. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Zi Dark Knight! Can't get this certain clown in a nurse suit off my mind anymore! :shake:

11. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We had a movie marathon:

We watched all 6 parts of the "Lone Wolf with Cub" movies!
    "I charge 500 ryo for assassination!" coolest line ever!

12. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    The Dark Knight.

13. Gnarfflinger

Dungeons and Dragons. It was enjoyable, and could become a fanboy classic...

14. Darion

Media:
    Jersey Girl!
    A really decent K. Smith movie!

15. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Mission Impossible 3 and Hitman.

It was entertaining in that involuntary way. MI 3 aka "Tom Cruise, Superman" was the worse of the two. And as for Hitman, I can't quite accept the notion that someone as unconspicious as a skinhead with a bar code tattoo on his neck is 'like a ghost' and the ultimate assassin. I'd rather that he stands out like the proverbial sore thumb, but that's probably just me. Hitman at least lived up to its computer game appeal.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2008
  16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    The Accidental Tourist, one of the most deranged movies I've seen for some reason, the whole thing just had to be sarcasm times ten, I hope. If not, the movie was created for killing diabetics.

A History Of Violence, good flick. A fine, fine Cronenberg picture.

17. Boy at a busstop Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Watched Mystery Men yesterday, for the third time or so.

Very good underrated movie, Tom Waits plays quite the part. Ofcourse, Tom Waits is always amazing.

18. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Arthur and the Minimoys

19. martaug Gems: 23/31

Journey to the center of the earth. very fun family movie

Last edited: Jul 29, 2008
  20. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Above and beyond (nice if slow WWII-related film)

P.S. I'm on a roll today... haven't posted in this thread for more then a month, prior to today. Heh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.