1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Last Movie You Watched?

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Iku-Turso, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix this morning and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back this evening.

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Hancock. Overall bad, but had some good ideas.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    What dreams may come. The first two times I watched this I cried so much. Not anymore. Still like it. Is very emotional.

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Manderlay by Lars Von Trier.

What a lovable director. Easily categorizable under 'nihilist', 'misogynist' and 'racist'. But makes strangely appealing pictures despite the artsyness of the Dogma style. And makes some strong points that test the convictions of the usual viewers.

5. Gnarfflinger

Clerks II. Wanted something that rewards intelligence but doesn't require it...

6. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Goldfinger!

MY all time fav Bond! Honor Blackman is the ultimate Bond-Woman ever!
    (She clearly is no girl but a woman :) )

OddJob still kicks!

7. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Fantastic 4: Rise Of The Silver Surfer - Bah, says I. Even a fanboy like me wasn't even slightly impressed. Redundant cashing in on the franchise.

oldboy by Chan-wook Park - One of the most disturbing films I've seen for a while (which is a good thing), filled with the darkest of humour. Based on the manga by Nobuaki Minegishi and Garon Tsuchiya.

Capote - In many ways a one-man show. Intriguing person, I think I might read the book In Cold Blood some day. Philip Seymour Hoffman is a brilliant actor.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008
  8. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Saw Hancock in the theatre yesterday. I actually thought it was pretty good.

Then I saw Heat on DVD last night. AWESOME.

9. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Austin Powers in Goldmember - brainless, funny though, the absolute beginning was the best part though

Little Miss Sunshine - wonderful dark comedy, and heartwarming despite its cynisism.

10. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I watched Fletch. Had some amusing parts, but not really good.

11. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Just finished watching TRON in preparation for playing the game. The movie is... weird. In a way it's very clever - the premise and the CG environments are so surreal that the fact nothing's textured didn't bother me at all; it fits with the mood. Quite entertaining overall.

12. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

The Dark Knight... it was really, really... er... EPIC!

13. Ziad

Media:
    The old Hound of the Baskervilles with Christopher Lee. It's funny watching Lee trying to play a good guy - he still looks and acts like, well, Christopher Lee. The man looked old and menacing even when he was 30. The movie has some annoying deviations from the book that diminish from the complexity of the case but it's a fine movie nonetheless.

14. Darion

Darion Resident Dissident Veteran BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Josie and the *****cats. Loved the Archie; liked the movie.

LOL the Censure strikes back!
    How else am I suppose to call the band if I have to omit "Puss-i" word!

15. Gnarfflinger

This Morning I caught "You, Me and Dupree", which was hilarious. After lunch was "Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix".

16. Ziad

Media:
    The 1960 House of Usher (yeah, I'm going through an oldies phase). Vincent Price is a great actor. I don't remember the original Poe story very well, but from what I recall the movie's pretty faithful to it. Pretty good overall.

17. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    The Dark Knight. It wuz teh awesome.

18. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

SWAT - was on the telly a couple of days ago. Not the deepest movie I've ever seen but good to kill a couple of hours.

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hollow Man.

But before that, The Dark Knight twice :)

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    The French Connection I & II
    Lilja 4-Ever by Lukas Moodysson. The movie's subject matters concerned poverty, human trafficking, narcotics abuse, prostitution and statutory rape, but it was far easier to watch than I expected. Not a spectacular film though but the lead actress pulled off the role pretty well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.