1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

The Last Movie You Watched #2

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by dmc, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Triactus

Triactus United we stand, divided we fall Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, I really didn't like it either. It was awful. The script was so confused, the characters were caricatures, the was no tension and the ending was a "wtf??!!??" moment... lol

2. nior Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Just came home from watching Iron Man 2... great fun movie!!! And oh, if you're a Marvel fan, do stay for the after credit revelation.

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    300, I forgot how bad that movie was so I quit half way. I had to puke a little every time one of those 'Spartans' mentioned the word freedom. Oh yes, Spartans were free alright :rolleyes:

4. starfox64 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Veteran

I watched 3 movies today (maybe 4)! First, my brother and I went to see the new Nightmare on Elm Street. I was hoping I'd fall asleep and Freddy would kill me in my dream so I wouldn't have to watch anymore of that crapfest. Then, my mom watched "Quarantine". It was another bomb, although more enjoyable than Freddy's latest outing. Finally, my mom and I finished up with half of "House of the Dead" and half of "Attack of the Gila Monster". Needless to say, I've had a rough day.

5. Ironhawk Skylord

Ironhawk Skylord If a tree kills alone in the forest, does it make

Saw Foolproof with Ryan Reynolds and David Suchet yesterday.

Nice little gem. :)

6. Caradhras

Caradhras I may be bad... but I feel gooood! Veteran

Media:
    300 is terrible and the gay subtext is so obvious that it becomes hilarious at times. :shake:

I saw Confessions of a Shopaholic, it's not as bad as it sounds. Very formulaic but I enjoyed it nevertheless.

7. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    How to Train Your Dragon with T3V1. It was a bit scary at points for him, but he was pumped at the end of it.

8. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

- Tears of the Sun - It was ok, not Bruce's best performance. Watchable though.

- The Count of Monte Cristo - I have found that I like Jim Caviezel movies for some reason.

9. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Over the weekend I saw.

Up in the air- Liked it, didn't think it was as great as others said. I thought the ending was weak.

Dragonball Evolution- Wasn't expecting anything, wasn't disappointed. They made Roshi way too young.

Resident Evil- I have always liked this movie. I know it is hit or miss with most people. Then again I've always liked Milla

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Milla is great. And she's got a sense of humour, if Zoolander is any indication.

[​IMG]

And I just watched Boondock Saints II. Part one was better, still, an entertaining movie.

11. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Anyway, was watching Sliding Doors. Loved the parallel universe thing (way better than Run, Lola, Run in my opinion) and was quite bitter sweet. Gwyneth Paltrow was amazing in this film (always didn't liked her that much due to the overhyped monster that was Shakespeare in Love) and John Hannah was absolutely charismatic in this one.

12. nior Gems: 24/31

Saw Ridley Scott's new Robin Hood, which starred Russel Crowe and Cate Blanchet. It's sort of a prequel to the old familiar story that we're used to... well, that's actually a lot of liberty in retelling it. Personally, not a bad film at all.

13. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

I saw Date Night with my 15 year old daughter. It was meh. Being 15 years old, though, my daughter enjoyed it. There are days i feel that Tina Fey has SO much more talent than she gives herself credit for -- she could do real acting if she wanted instead opf making drivel movies.

14. Caradhras

Media:
    Ravenous. Always fun to watch.

Blades of Vanatar likes this.
  15. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Last of the Dogmen - Tom Berenger's best movie IMO.

16. Caradhras

Media:
    Quite an underrated actor, I haven't seen that particular movie. Must be pretty good if it tops Berenger's performance in Platoon.

I've watched Frantic. I really love that movie.

17. Caradhras

Media:
    Just watched Three Kings... Really good movie.

18. Blades of Vanatar

Snow Dogs. Very lame. I should of just punched myself in the face, it would of been more entertaining. don't even know why I watched it in the 1st place.

Re-watched the Band of Brothers series. Awesomeness.:D

19. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    James Gray's The Yards, starring Marky Mark, Joaquin Phoenix, Charlize Theron, and an interesting ensemble support cast. Gray has an understated style that I like. Wahlberg was inoffensive and actually rather convincing as an understated ex-con. He was not a super-stud who bedded lots of women. He also got in a fight/wrestling match with Phoenix that ended in a draw instead of a decisive victory. Theron did take her shirt off, but that wasn't the only reason she was in the movie.

Recommended. :thumb:

20. nior Gems: 24/31

Prince of Persia, I enjoyed this more than playing the game. The movie was more like PoP-Assassin's Creed game combined. And best of all, none of those zombies stuff are present. I liked this better than Iron-Man 2.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.